Where to stay Monday night before Campervan entry on Tuesday

thecreighton

Hey folks!

I'm a first time campervanner this year but have done Glastonbury 6 times previous (and have been in love since my very first in 2015 😍). I wanted to ask for recommendations on where to stay on the Monday night with a campervan before entering the glorious fields on the Tuesday. Does anyone know any reasonably close pubs/campervan pitch sites that are good to stay at on that Monday night. Any and all recommendations are welcome! 😀 Thank you!

The comfort of my own bed for me...! then an early set off from Cambridgeshire on Tuesday..

But I suppose it depends on a number of things : 

How far do you have to come?

Which CV ticket do you have (East quiet / East General / Bath & West)

Do you have somewhere in mind where you want to camp (Is that the reason for staying local? i.e. get in early as possible for a decent spot?)

@StoneCircle posted the order in which they fill the CV East fields in a similar question a few months ago.. (she is a great source of helpful info) But, in my view there is point in stressing about where you will be parked.. it is what it is.

One other thing to consider, is that you will be camping off-grid for 6 (or 7) days.. What facilities do you plan on using during your stay? (Lights, Hot Water, Fridge etc..??) and what do you need to ensure you have enough battery / gas / water etc..

Enjoy your first stay in the CV Fields.!

Glastonbury-Webmap-2023_V1.3.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thecreighton said:

Hey folks!

I'm a first time campervanner this year but have done Glastonbury 6 times previous (and have been in love since my very first in 2015 😍). I wanted to ask for recommendations on where to stay on the Monday night with a campervan before entering the glorious fields on the Tuesday. Does anyone know any reasonably close pubs/campervan pitch sites that are good to stay at on that Monday night. Any and all recommendations are welcome! 😀 Thank you!

There are 2 pubs fairly close by with sites for caravans or campervans, Brooke House Inn at Castle Cary or Cross Keys at Lydford En Fosse. They may already be full but worth trying! 

And here is the order the fields are filled as mentioned by @BlueDaze 😀

314370127_10160426478178769_5007407131939600635_n.jpg.294c9f9c8043ffe32bbd6a781f8b8274.jpg

Edited by StoneCircle

Thanks for all of the really helpful replies so far! Just wanted to answer a few of the questions that have popped up 😊

Do you have somewhere in mind where you want to camp (Is that the reason for staying local? i.e. get in early as possible for a decent spot?)

We're coming over from Sweden and hiring a van which we get on Monday, hence the need for somewhere to pitch on the Monday evening. We'd much rather be able to pitch somewhere where we can access electricity, showers etc and a pub close by is always desired for some 'we're nearly entering the magical fields and i'm super excited' kinda vibes 😆 - we're camping in East quiet and the early entry is preferable to get a good spot that isn't a huge walk to get into the festival site each day.

There are 2 pubs fairly close by with sites for caravans or campervans, Brooke House Inn at Castle Cary or Cross Keys at Lydford En Fosse. They may already be full but worth trying!

We'd already enquired about the Cross Keys but that one is fully booked as you expected! I've contacted Brooke House so fingers crossed. Do you know of any other spots @StoneCircle ? And thanks for the image showing the order of filling the CV fields, super useful. Any chance you know what time they let people in on the Tuesday? I believe the 'official' time is 12pm but I've heard of people getting in earlier...

Thanks again all, really appreciate the replies!

58 minutes ago, thecreighton said:

Thanks for all of the really helpful replies so far! Just wanted to answer a few of the questions that have popped up 😊

We're coming over from Sweden and hiring a van which we get on Monday, hence the need for somewhere to pitch on the Monday evening. We'd much rather be able to pitch somewhere where we can access electricity, showers etc and a pub close by is always desired for some 'we're nearly entering the magical fields and i'm super excited' kinda vibes 😆 - we're camping in East quiet and the early entry is preferable to get a good spot that isn't a huge walk to get into the festival site each day.

We'd already enquired about the Cross Keys but that one is fully booked as you expected! I've contacted Brooke House so fingers crossed. Do you know of any other spots @StoneCircle ? And thanks for the image showing the order of filling the CV fields, super useful. Any chance you know what time they let people in on the Tuesday? I believe the 'official' time is 12pm but I've heard of people getting in earlier...

I cannot help with the local sites I'm afraid... but understand that it is a necessity as you 'need' somewhere to stay on Monday...

You are correct that the official opening time is 12:00 and yes they do tend to let people in from quite early in the morning (although it isnt a given).. You could keep an eye on twitter or here for news on that but tbh if you are in East Quiet there is no long walk to Gate C (It is the far reaches of 'General' (E15/16/17) that can be the longer treks.. Getting there for midday will get you in E19/E24 at worst.

You will be entering the festival via Pylle Lane, which on the A37 to the east of the site.. so just bear that in mind when you book somewhere... If you are coming from London you will likely be on the A303 (past Stonehenge) on your way to the farm...

Have a great trip and enjoy the festival! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thecreighton said:

Sorry I don't know of any others, you could try doing a search on this site - https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/ 😀

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 9:11 AM, thecreighton said:

Last year there were some members of this site who were in and pitched around 8am on the Tuesday. Basically they won't want traffic backing up on the road, so if people start turning up they kind of have to let you in. Of course, if they think you're taking the piss they could stack you somewhere inconvenient? 

Last year there were some members of this site who were in and pitched around 8am on the Tuesday. Basically they won't want traffic backing up on the road, so if people start turning up they kind of have to let you in. Of course, if they think you're taking the piss they could stack you somewhere inconvenient? 

8am!? Wow very early! I won't quite be aiming at that time as I certainly don't want to take the piss, but a little bit before 12pm would be nice. Thanks for the info 🙂

You are correct that the official opening time is 12:00 and yes they do tend to let people in from quite early in the morning (although it isnt a given).. You could keep an eye on twitter or here for news on that but tbh if you are in East Quiet there is no long walk to Gate C (It is the far reaches of 'General' (E15/16/17) that can be the longer treks.. Getting there for midday will get you in E19/E24 at worst.

You will be entering the festival via Pylle Lane, which on the A37 to the east of the site.. so just bear that in mind when you book somewhere... If you are coming from London you will likely be on the A303 (past Stonehenge) on your way to the farm...

Have a great trip and enjoy the festival! 

Thanks so much for all of the info here 🙂 have a great festival too if you're going 😀

On 5/22/2023 at 3:07 PM, thecreighton said:

Hey folks!

Where in the UK are to travelling to the festival from? 

We stayed here on the Monday night last year. https://www.wookeyfarm.com/camping/

it was great although didn’t have showers so might not be quite what you’re looking for. 

We were also parked up in the east campervan fields by about 9:30am on the Tuesday and they were all set up ready to process all the vans from that time.