Resale Payments?

Danny T

13 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I don't understand why GFL don't allow coach tickets to be bought without selecting a departure point, then when the balance is paid to ask people to select from a list. 

hey can then send the appropriate amount of coaches based on the amount of requests for that point.

That Truro coach might only have one person on it if it weren’t for all the people driving down from Aberdeen because they couldn’t get anything else. Wouldn’t be very ‘green’

6 minutes ago, t0paz said:

That Truro coach might only have one person on it if it weren’t for all the people driving down from Aberdeen because they couldn’t get anything else. Wouldn’t be very ‘green’

Then a coach from Truro wouldn't run?

I dunno, just throwing ideas out there really....I've never not got a coach from where I live but its clear that most people (especially in resales) are so desperate to attend the event they are prepared to get coaches from 100s of miles away from where they live.

14 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Then a coach from Truro wouldn't run?

I dunno, just throwing ideas out there really....I've never not got a coach from where I live but its clear that most people (especially in resales) are so desperate to attend the event they are prepared to get coaches from 100s of miles away from where they live.

Nah, I completely agree. The coach is meant to be green but in a lot of cases causes longer, unnecessary car journeys. Fitting the coaches to demand would be better, even if some were half empty.

7 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Nah, I completely agree. The coach is meant to be green but in a lot of cases causes longer, unnecessary car journeys. Fitting the coaches to demand would be better, even if some were half empty.

Yeh agreed, its a good idea but I don't think its very well executed at the moment and could do with a re-jig.  As far as I'm aware its not been changed since it was introduced in 2007.

Even if it meant twice as many coaches going from London or Bristol its better that then lots of people travelling 100s of miles just to get on a coach to go back the way they've come from.

This was in the online version of The Mirror, see link  Everything you need to know as 2023 Glastonbury Festival resale date confirmed - Mirror Online

If you miss out - try again 24 hours later

Any tickets which aren't paid in full within 24 hours will be put back up for resale, meaning if you missed out at first you could get a third chance at getting tickets.

Fans are being urged to re-check the individual sale queues a day after each sale goes live, as a few tickets could be re-listed.

2 minutes ago, keefs said:

This was in the online version of The Mirror, see link  Everything you need to know as 2023 Glastonbury Festival resale date confirmed - Mirror Online

If you miss out - try again 24 hours later

Any tickets which aren't paid in full within 24 hours will be put back up for resale, meaning if you missed out at first you could get a third chance at getting tickets.

Fans are being urged to re-check the individual sale queues a day after each sale goes live, as a few tickets could be re-listed.

Harriet Morphy-Morris clearly hasn't been to the festival before, or done her research properly, as that article is littered with inaccuracies. 

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

I don't understand why GFL don't allow coach tickets to be bought without selecting a departure point, then when the balance is paid to ask people to select from a list. 

hey can then send the appropriate amount of coaches based on the amount of requests for that point.

This makes so much sense and really should be adopted asap

2 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

A few years ago two of us were staying in Tangerine and travelled there by car on the Wednesday, my mate from Wales and me from Hampshire.  However, we had coach tickets from Bristol on the Thursday morning.  So we set up in Tangerine, could see the fence and hear everyone going in, but we had to walk round the site to Gate A to try to get a bus in the blazing sun.  Eventually we got the shuttle to Castle Cary, which was a strange experience, as everyone was going in the opposite direction (naturally), and we got a train to Bristol, where we had a Travelodge booked.

Next morning, we joined all of the other excited coach passengers and made the journey back again.  

Hilarious!