Cala Mijas 2023

gfa

Whilst I was expecting this to be the outcome, I’m so gutted that this has happened. I live about half an hour away and it was really cool having a well run festival with so many big acts playing so close to home. It was successful both years and is going to be a big loss for the area, such a shame.

1 hour ago, parkerpenguin said:

Whilst I was expecting this to be the outcome, I’m so gutted that this has happened. I live about half an hour away and it was really cool having a well run festival with so many big acts playing so close to home. It was successful both years and is going to be a big loss for the area, such a shame.

Yeah I loved it. Great way to end the summer.

3 hours ago, Tigane said:

Realy hope that no band that is already announced at Kalorama, decide to cancel 

The organisation is pretty big and has been around for years. They're running BBK, and appear to be doing Taylor Swift's dates in Portugal and Spain, so I assume they have quite a lot of pull, and this isn't a "make or break" loss.

Hopefully they knew about the possibility well in advance, and have booked people with the knowledge that this one isn't confirmed.

11 hours ago, Tigane said:

Realy hope that no band that is already announced at Kalorama, decide to cancel 

Some bands that are on Kalorama and were already on BBK, would possibly not be on Mijas, like Massive Attack, Jungle, Overmono...

So, i think Kalorama is Safe. Maybe they put LCD or The Smile in Madrid or other Spanish city.

8 hours ago, joselito said:

Some bands that are on Kalorama and were already on BBK, would possibly not be on Mijas, like Massive Attack, Jungle, Overmono...

So, i think Kalorama is Safe. Maybe they put LCD or The Smile in Madrid or other Spanish city.

The same promoter already has The Smile and Death Cab/Postal Service gigs in Spain around the same time. They've also got Arcade Fire playing other dates around BBK, and of course they played Meo Kalorama and Casa Mijas last year.

There's quite a lot of crossover with BBK and Meo Kalorama, not just in the same year, but as with Arcade Fire, across two years, so you'd assume for the bigger names, they might have multi-concert/festival deals that are bigger than just a simple Meo/Casa two for one.

• Upvote 1