Download 2024

FeverDream

2 hours ago, Zampa said:

Odd that Tom Morello doesn't seem to have a problem performing between them because surely he will be faced with thousands of racist people who won't take kindly to him been there. Or you are just jumping on a bandwagon.

Does he know?

Also you saying I'm wrong about them?

32 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Does he know?

Also you saying I'm wrong about them?

I would hope he knows who he is sharing a stage with.

Yes I do think you are wrong about them bring racist scum.

There is nothing scum about a different viewpoint.

I find some of Ice T comments racist but i still bought a ticket for Body Count in London because I don't believe he is racist and he is just backing his own team, like Phil did 

Does Phil hate black people? No

Does Ice T hate white people? No

People will always protect their own family first rather than their neighbours. 

• Downvote 5

Phil literally threw up a nazi salute and shouted white power at the top of his lungs. He also has a long history of giving dodgy speeches at Pantera gigs. 

Alex Terrible literally has / had a nazi tattoo. 

Both of these things are factual. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Phil literally threw up a nazi salute and shouted white power at the top of his lungs. He also has a long history of giving dodgy speeches at Pantera gigs. 

Alex Terrible literally has / had a nazi tattoo. 

Both of these things are factual. 

I ain't defending anything but your claim of Phil having a long history of dodgy speeches at Pantera gigs is interesting because google throws nothing up. So if you could provide evidence that would be great.

If you can't, it isn't fact.

5 hours ago, Zampa said:

Odd that Tom Morello doesn't seem to have a problem performing between them because surely he will be faced with thousands of racist people who won't take kindly to him been there. Or you are just jumping on a bandwagon.

What the f**k are you on about? What’s Tom morello got to do with anything? 

I don’t know about Slaughter to Prevail but Phil Anselmo is clearly a white supremacist. It couldn’t be more glaringly obvious 

2 hours ago, Zampa said:

I find some of Ice T comments racist but i still bought a ticket for Body Count in London because I don't believe he is racist and he is just backing his own team, like Phil did 

You are clearly a racist 

Edited by Beese Churger

2 hours ago, Zampa said:

Screaming white power *on several occasions* and seig heil’ing is not a different viewpoint. Why are you talking as if it’s a reasonable thing to say and do? 

31 minutes ago, Zampa said:

I ain't defending anything but your claim of Phil having a long history of dodgy speeches at Pantera gigs is interesting because google throws nothing up. So if you could provide evidence that would be great.

If you can't, it isn't fact.

Clearly didn’t try very hard. 

Also his Wikipedia article has examples of some incredibly dodgy comments he has made about race.

Edited by Beese Churger

2 minutes ago, Beese Churger said:

Screaming white power *on several occasions* and seig heil’ing is not a different viewpoint. Why are you talking as if it’s a reasonable thing to say and do? 

Clearly didn’t try very hard. 

Also his Wikipedia article has examples of some of his incredibly dodgy comments he has made about race.

Thats the same occasion everyone is talking about you mug.

1 minute ago, Zampa said:

So your responses are what, what and I don't know. 

You are clearly incapable of digesting and understanding other views. 

The other view being white supremacy? 

And also I pointed you in the direction of other examples of Anselmo being a f**king Nazi. How is that I don’t know? 

1 minute ago, Beese Churger said:

The other view being white supremacy? 

And also I pointed you in the direction of other examples of Anselmo being a f**king Nazi. How is that I don’t know? 

Except you haven't, you have pointed me to the same example at the Dimebag thing. Idiot.

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well they've been canned from the German festivals

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jan/26/pantera-shows-cancelled-after-frontmans-nazi-salute-prompts-fan-backlash

Guess being racist in public by making nazi salutes has consequences.

Where I live is 2024 so I will put you down as a virtue signalling bandwagon chap.

7 minutes ago, Zampa said:

Thats the same occasion everyone is talking about you mug.

Are you a bit thick? Phil is fat and bald in the Dimebash video. He’s young with long hair in the video above? Quite obviously two separate incidents decades apart. 

You don’t have to look too far to find compilations of Phil giving speeches in the 90s about white pride. 

Plus, you know, Dime’s massive Confederate flag guitar. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zampa said:

Where I live is 2024 so I will put you down as a virtue signalling bandwagon chap.

Do you even know what virtue signalling means? Because pointing out someone’s racist behaviour (caught on camera) isn’t virtue signalling. 

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Are you a bit thick? Phil is fat and bald in the Dimebash video. He’s young with long hair in the video above? Quite obviously two separate incidents decades apart. 

You don’t have to look too far to find compilations of Phil giving speeches in the 90s about white pride. 

Plus, you know, Dime’s massive Confederate flag guitar. 

That video linked to the Dimebag incident when I watched it. God bless technology. 

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

That being said, I’ll definitely be having a great time watching Pantera at Download. 

I think this probably deserved a down vote, no intention should be had by anyone to go a watch a racist that doesn't even hold back. It's not even like its anything but a tribute anyway.

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

I think this probably deserved a down vote, no intention should be had by anyone to go a watch a racist that doesn't even hold back. It's not even like its anything but a tribute anyway.

So the thousands of people who are going to watch them are all terrible people? Is that what you’re saying? 

You, nor anyone else, have the right to tell others who they should be watching. 

I don’t have to justify my choice to watch Pantera but I will; Phil’s views don’t make their way into the music, which makes it a lot easier to separate the art from the artist. Am I going to buy Pantera merch? No. Am I going to buy Pantera records? No. Would I pay to watch them at their own show? No. But I will watch them at a festival I’m going to because they’re some of the best metal songs ever written. 

Listening to artists who have said or done bad things does not make a bad person. The discussion is far more nuanced than that. 

On 1/31/2024 at 12:09 AM, RedJosh said:

They accepted or asked for the slot because they wanted to play the festival. Just because they play poppy pop-punk doesn't mean that they don't like heavy music (see Fightstar). I bet they were stoked when asked (or even asked to play themselves) and were like, 'f**k yeah we want to play', because they never thought they would get to play the festival as Busted. Having a band that did over 250k tickets last year headline third stage at Download is a major coup however you look at it.

It's unsurprising that they'd accept slots at Download and Slam Dunk. Since their reunion there's been a few interviews where they've alluded to how much it hurt them personally the abuse and shunning they got from the pop-punk community when they were first around as they viewed themselves in the blink-182 space. They were delighted when Charlie got the cover on Kerrang! with Fightstar as that was apparently their dream. Very easy to forget how young they were when they first broke out. 

Their reunion has gone down a treat and Busted in a tent will go down a storm. Even in a 'traditional' Download year, they'd pack a tent and have everyone singing along nowadays. 

1 hour ago, Rusty Spoon said:

It's unsurprising that they'd accept slots at Download and Slam Dunk. Since their reunion there's been a few interviews where they've alluded to how much it hurt them personally the abuse and shunning they got from the pop-punk community when they were first around as they viewed themselves in the blink-182 space. They were delighted when Charlie got the cover on Kerrang! with Fightstar as that was apparently their dream. Very easy to forget how young they were when they first broke out. 

Their reunion has gone down a treat and Busted in a tent will go down a storm. Even in a 'traditional' Download year, they'd pack a tent and have everyone singing along nowadays. 

Alot of my generation (late 30s) are actually shocked at Busted playing as when we were younger they were considered a full on pop band and marketed as so. It's mainly the 20 something's (and maybe a few early 30s) who call them pop punk, from what I've observed. I'm sure the tent will be rammed when they play, but you can see from the backlash Download have annoyed alot of the 30+ crowd by booking them. The whole fest this year seems tailored towards those in their 20s and the emo side of the early 30s tbh with some token bands thrown in for the older crowd, one of which is the controversial Pantera thing as debated above. 

Edited by Spiral_Low

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

So the thousands of people who are going to watch them are all terrible people? Is that what you’re saying? 

You, nor anyone else, have the right to tell others who they should be watching. 

I don’t have to justify my choice to watch Pantera but I will; Phil’s views don’t make their way into the music, which makes it a lot easier to separate the art from the artist. Am I going to buy Pantera merch? No. Am I going to buy Pantera records? No. Would I pay to watch them at their own show? No. But I will watch them at a festival I’m going to because they’re some of the best metal songs ever written. 

Listening to artists who have said or done bad things does not make a bad person. The discussion is far more nuanced than that. 

Not giving a platform to Nazi's isn't a grey area for me personally.

Edited by 1986
Working on getting to the point quicker.