Download 2024

FeverDream

10 minutes ago, Nice to Michu said:

Didn’t System Of A Down announce a worldwide tour one year the same time Download announced them? Could be a band wants to announce a worldwide tour the day Download announce, doubt it but never know.

Assuming we stick to bands in the realms of possibility that would really leave either My Chemical Romance, Rage Against The Machine or AC/DC.

It's how Metallica did it last year, got announced for Download first and then a while later announced a world tour. 

7 minutes ago, Marka23 said:

Assuming we stick to bands in the realms of possibility that would really leave either My Chemical Romance, Rage Against The Machine or AC/DC.

It's how Metallica did it last year, got announced for Download first and then a while later announced a world tour. 

Another 3 bands who also have nothing announced though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Oh and Pearl Jam, they said they would never play Download as they felt they didn't want to be playing a festival with the line ups Download has, they wanted more mainstream multi genre line ups, hence why they've played other Live Nation (and other promoters) UK festivals but never Download. 

So don't get your hopes up.

Blimey it's been a while? Does this mean you will return to the hallowed grounds?

36 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

Another 3 bands who also have nothing announced though

Well we know AC/DC are planning a tour for next year although that's likely stadiums given their management has apparently been spotted scouting them out and MCR have seemingly been leaked for Lollapalooza Argentina next year.

The idea is assuming one of the headliners isn't one with already announced dates and they do what Metallica did last year where Download was the first show for 2023 announced and then they announced a world tour shortly after 

6 minutes ago, nicolaspepsi said:

There MUST be some big band that has not been announce in other festivals for headliner spot

Ac/CD

Pearl jam

System

Rage

Anyone of those, wolud be amazing... 

Hellfest have 3 headliners still to announce so they must have at least one big one unless they end up with double Metallica and one other headliner 

• Like 1

So Avril Lavigne can only be Friday or Sunday. 

Green Day, Billy, Mudvayne, Corey and The Interrupters day one is mad for Nova. 

Sum 41 can also only play Friday or Sunday and it's unlikely to me for them to be slapped bang in the middle of A7X and Machine Head. Surely they've thought about it and booked all of FOB, Avril, The Offspring and Sum 41 the same day.

I have 10 acts I'd bother with at RAR compared to 13 at Nova.

Edited by northernangel

14 minutes ago, northernangel said:

So Avril Lavigne can only be Friday or Sunday. 

Green Day, Billy, Mudvayne, Corey and The Interrupters day one is mad for Nova. 

Sum 41 can also only play Friday or Sunday and it's unlikely to me for them to be slapped bang in the middle of A7X and Machine Head. Surely they've thought about it and booked all of FOB, Avril, The Offspring and Sum 41 the same day.

I have 10 acts I'd bother with at RAR compared to 13 at Nova.

Are Fall Out Boy likely at this stage they’ve not been announced anywhere else and the big slots look taken.

17 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Regarding QOTSA and that they subbed last time they played. I've seen it mentioned a lot, especially on Reddit, last time they played they subbed so will sub again. 

It was ELEVEN years ago. 

The headliners already booked that year were Maiden, Rammstein and Slipknot.

They hadn't made the transition from Academy band in UK fully at that point.

They've since done 3 successful Arena UK tours and more mainstream albums and success. 

Any other 'rock' act that does that is headlining Download. They aren't doing a package tour like Slipknot did with Korn, they've virtually sold out an entire UK arena tour with some no name supports. Standing went in an instant. 

I understand they aren't everyone's cup of tea, but they're absolutely big enough. Doesn't matter what slot they're playing at other festivals in Euro

They are big enough but just a bit boring and outside their fans not important.

So much headliner copium.

Just look at Nova. A band already ruled out, a band already nailed on, a dogshit Eurovision act and last year's headliner. 

Rock AM, the same thing plus last year's subs, an Avalanche stage band and a load of EU bands that mean nothing over here.

It's a thin pool. Well aware that EU fests are very different but you're not suddenly gonna get AC/DC out of thin air. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

So much headliner copium.

Just look at Nova. A band already ruled out, a band already nailed on, a dogshit Eurovision act and last year's headliner. 

Rock AM, the same thing plus last year's subs, an Avalanche stage band and a load of EU bands that mean nothing over here.

It's a thin pool. Well aware that EU fests are very different but you're not suddenly gonna get AC/DC out of thin air. 

Festivals themselves have said that the headliner pool this year was weak.

The only big band we are doing loads of fests is Green Day and the UK is their biggest cash cow. Download can't compete with an offer like a festival that can say similar to Download, plus the two biggest stadiums in the UK and an outdoor show in Glasgow.

Only other big name that is doing any fests is Foos who are doing one show at Hellfest, which is why they moved their festival a week and will be Foos biggest ever UK show, plus 7 massive stadiums shows in the UK before going back to the US.