Glasthomebury

DJL

Apologies if there is another similar thread… but being without a ticket I haven’t been able to bring myself to come on here much lately.

I really want to enjoy this weekend as much as I can anyway and I’m sure there will be others who feel the same. Not sure I can’t get full enjoyment from reading about people’e experience actually going to/at the festival but would love to hear about anyone trying to embrace it from home. 

We were originally going to go to a local (Derbyshire) festival but can’t anymore, so will be fully embracing the Glasthomebury spirit, tuning in to the BBC coverage etc. Anyone else?

5315AE4A-58C0-4C50-A4FE-6341FD5BCB31.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJL said:

Apologies if there is another similar thread… but being without a ticket I haven’t been able to bring myself to come on here much lately.

I really want to enjoy this weekend as much as I can anyway and I’m sure there will be others who feel the same. Not sure I can’t get full enjoyment from reading about people’e experience actually going to/at the festival but would love to hear about anyone trying to embrace it from home. 

We were originally going to go to a local (Derbyshire) festival but can’t anymore, so will be fully embracing the Glasthomebury spirit, tuning in to the BBC coverage etc. Anyone else?

5315AE4A-58C0-4C50-A4FE-6341FD5BCB31.jpeg

Lovely use of the font 🙂 

I built this for 2020 fully intending to sit out and watch the BBC replays but it turned into a bit of a wet one so we ended up watching it indoors.  The Don't Drive on the Grass sign survives till this day.  Deffo not going as mad this year, will be watching all the coverage though with Thatcher's Katy taking over from Stowford.  Good luck in October.

IMG_20200625_160101.thumb.jpg.2cb23e6a0c8c62efa29b2ca2e32fd54a.jpgIMG_20200625_132947.thumb.jpg.7dccb35cf02ddbd86b09f8256fd45515.jpg

• Upvote 5

After missing out on tickets I think I'll oscillate between wanting to watch every moment at home and needing to get away from it when I start to get a bit melancholy!

Like @**claire**, I'll enjoy introducing my 3 and 5 year olds to the best place in the world on the TV, but I'm also trying to see the blank 5 days as an opportunity to do some things I never have time for to make it seem like a blessing, so maybe a bike ride, a night out with the wife, etc.

And of course, formulating plans for the 2023 ticket sale in October!

You're not alone!

After some awful planning by a friend I didn't even try for 2020 tickets as it was due to clash with his stag do and I shrugged it off as 'just one year, I can do '21 instead'. We all know how both '20 and '21 played out but with no luck in the re-sales for this year I'm now hosting my third consecutive Glasthomebury and I'm determined to make it 'The best one ever'.

Site build started Saturday. The garden has been cleared up, spare rooms have been tidied for guests, some initial decorations have been scattered about and the smoke machine and sound system have been returned to 'Shredri-La'.

Obviously I'd rather be in Pilton but I'm still sort of looking forward to making the most of it and enjoying a weekend long party at home. I'll certainly be glad to actually have some live coverage on the TV this year. I don't dislike Lizzo but I lost track of the number of times iPlayer's 'random' selection decided I needed to see that set as if I'm her biggest fan!!

20220619_152611.jpg

2 hours ago, czuk said:

I built this for 2020 fully intending to sit out and watch the BBC replays but it turned into a bit of a wet one so we ended up watching it indoors.  The Don't Drive on the Grass sign survives till this day.  Deffo not going as mad this year, will be watching all the coverage though with Thatcher's Katy taking over from Stowford.  Good luck in October.

IMG_20200625_160101.thumb.jpg.2cb23e6a0c8c62efa29b2ca2e32fd54a.jpgIMG_20200625_132947.thumb.jpg.7dccb35cf02ddbd86b09f8256fd45515.jpg

That's a lovely stage 🙂 

3 hours ago, healey99 said:

No tickets for us either. We’ll be having our second Marstonbury. The first one was last year for the livestream. 

I hope everyone who has tickets has a brilliant time. Great weather in Somerset at the moment.

84FB2120-138B-4E5B-ADE9-DCA30023F35C.jpeg

I've got to ask - what did you use for, or where did you get those flags? I've looked everywhere for something similar but can only find either tiny toy versions or 3m+ professional stuff whereas that looks just about the right size for a back garden setup. 

Just wanted to say thank you to anyone who responded… one of the worst parts of not having a ticket is not having the communal experience on here. In a weird way this and the FOMO thread has given that. Looking forward to sitting down with a beer and watching the coverage later