Which route to take, where to park and camp Wednesday afternoon

dingbat2

33 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Only way to have Orange as an option is to approach the site on A361 from Glastonbury town....even then you are at the mercy of the marshalls and whether they direct you to Pink or Orange.

Thank you.

What about either of the following -

from Shepton Mallet Tesco - B3136 > A361

Or from Cranmore etc > Cannards Grave > A361 from the East?

Or best to aim for Glastonbury Town and head East on the A361?

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Previously closed from 0800 Weds but now closed from 0001 today (Tues).

OK you might have just saved me a lot of stress at 7am.

To confirm, are you saying that this stretch is going to be closed (circled red)? I have to come down A37, through Shepton Mallet to meet a friend, then wantto continue down the B3136 / A361 to Orange Gate - is this definitely not happening?

Screenshot_20220621-133028_Maps.jpg

35 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Thank you.

Sorry just seen this, sorry parsonjack, hopefully you can answer us both as to whether or not this is possible 🙂

Thanks for all the advice on the thread. 

Our first glasto was 2019, we came in on the west side, can't remember which car park but it was a hell of a walk to the family field behind the John Peel. 

We're aiming for the family camping again, and coming from the Midlands mid-morning on Wednesday. 

Any advice where is best to aim for? 
Many thanks! 

1 hour ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Thank you.

In the order as above....

Closed southwards from 0800 tomorrow (Weds)

Closed westbound ie through the village from 0001hrs this morning

This is your best option

Screenshot 2022-06-21 14.29.54.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

If i'm arriving on Thursday mid to late morning and approaching from the west, is there any reason i wouldn't be able to get into Orange/Pink? 

Unless Pink or Orange is full, which is highly unlikely, then you shouldn't have a problem with either.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

OK you might have just saved me a lot of stress at 7am.

To confirm, are you saying that this stretch is going to be closed (circled red)? I have to come down A37, through Shepton Mallet to meet a friend, then wantto continue down the B3136 / A361 to Orange Gate - is this definitely not happening?

Screenshot_20220621-133028_Maps.jpg

The A37 junction with A361 (Cannards Grave on your map) is closed westbound from 0001hrs today so is now not an option.

The route you show which uses the B3136 from Shepton to join the A361 eats of Pilton is set to be closed from 0800 tomorrow.

Obvs this is all taken from the Traffic Management Plan and such things can be misinterpreted or missed altogether by contractors setting up signage etc, as times can be also be a bit loose. 

38 minutes ago, hblow92 said:

My girlfriend will be dropping me off, I have a trolley and bag, will she be able to drop me off in a car park just to drop me off 

Drop off at Bath and West showground is OK with regular shuttle buses into gate A.  Are you meeting friends in the car park? You might have a long walk m the car park entrance or pay the fee

Edited by lazyred
x

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

The A37 junction with A361 (Cannards Grave on your map) is closed westbound from 0001hrs today so is now not an option.

The route you show which uses the B3136 from Shepton to join the A361 eats of Pilton is set to be closed from 0800 tomorrow.

Obvs this is all taken from the Traffic Management Plan and such things can be misinterpreted or missed altogether by contractors setting up signage etc, as times can be also be a bit loose. 

Got you. I plan to set off at 5am so if the 8am closure is accurate, I should be OK? Thanks for your help!

2 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Got you. I plan to set off at 5am so if the 8am closure is accurate, I should be OK? Thanks for your help!

You *should* be fine.  This is the relevant bit from the Traffic Management Plan.  Essentially they are blocking that road southwards about half way along it before where it joins the A361.

Screenshot 2022-06-21 14.29.54.png

Edited by parsonjack

2 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Thanks parsonjack for your help, I think Somerton > Street > Galstonbury > West car park is probably the way we will head. One more question if you dont mind, you mentioned the A361/A37 junction will be closed. Will the whole of the A361 from their to Pilton, East to West be closed? Just wondered if heading North at that junction towards Shepton Mallet then down the B3136 to rejoin at Pilton is possible at all. Thanks for you help!

No prob.

According to the Traffic Management Plan the A361/A37 junction should have been closed from 0001hrs this morning to traffic heading west through the village.

The B3136 *should* be fully open until 0800 tomorrow Weds after which point it is closed southbound about halfway along it.

52 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Drop off at Bath and West showground is OK with regular shuttle buses into gate A.  Are you meeting friends in the car park? You might have a long walk m the car park entrance or pay the fee

Brill thanks, u have one of those trolley things you attach an ikea blue bag to. Will that be allowed on do you think, and a big gym bag... Will that be allowed on shuttle bus