Football 2022/23

charlierc

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Your having a laugh ...  they have been poor for the last three games.

Poor from a mental perspective? I would disagree, I think even under pressure they have stayed calm. 2 goals down and heads could have dropped, but discipline has remained, just as it did in last 2 games. Also you have to give credit to Deschamps for making the right calls with substitutions.

I remember Man U winning 2 champions league finals when they were quite poor, the players and fans didn't care as they lifted the trophy.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Poor from a mental perspective? I would disagree, I think even under pressure they have stayed calm. 2 goals down and heads could have dropped, but discipline has remained, just as it did in last 2 games. Also you have to give credit to Deschamps for making the right calls with substitutions.

I remember Man U winning 2 champions league finals when they were quite poor, the players and fans didn't care as they lifted the trophy.

Football lasts 90 minutes (or 120) - not 80.

49 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

One of the best world cups, the best final and the worthy winners.

I thought Argentina were the best team in both the final and tournament, so deserved winners. A great final, which in my view was only spoiled slightly by the penalties. Also agree about the mental strength of Argentina, to lose 2-0 leads twice and prevail was great, previous Argentina teams would have fallen apart.