Getting A Lift

Bisque

Hi all. Been a while since I’ve posted. I have been very fortunate enough to be offered a lift by car to the festival due to the train situation.

Does anyone have any good suggestions where a good place to be dropped off & picked up from close to the festival where I could jump on a coach or bus to get to a pedestrian gate?

I heard there may be coaches or buses from Shepton Mallet.

8 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Bath and West showground will be where you’re directed.

If I was getting dropped off though I’d just jump out in the standstill traffic at Gate A.

Not much they can do to fight that surely?

Without the appropriate routing pass, the car shouldn't be able to get any closer to Gate A than Orange or Pink Gate (depending on which is being filled at the time).

It's an absolute dick move, though, as stopping and then having to reverse fucks with the traffic flow.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Without the appropriate routing pass, the car shouldn't be able to get any closer to Gate A than Orange or Pink Gate (depending on which is being filled at the time).

It's an absolute dick move, though, as stopping and then having to reverse fucks with the traffic flow.

Do they completely shut the A361 to normal traffic then?

Its been 10 years+ since I entered the festival via Gate A.

In fact the last time I did the drop off point was still next to that gate rather than B&W.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Do they completely shut the A361 to normal traffic then?

Its been 10 years+ since I entered the festival via Gate A.

In fact the last time I did the drop off point was still next to that gate rather than B&W.

They shut the route through Pilton Village to Festival Traffic without appropriate routing passes - though admittedly once the car has unloaded it becomes more difficult to identify it as such.

Just do it properly, it's much nicer all around.

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2022 at 9:46 PM, JoeyT said:

Bath and West showground will be where you’re directed.

If I was getting dropped off though I’d just jump out in the standstill traffic at Gate A.

Not much they can do to fight that surely?

Cheers, I did just this & worked a treat!

On 6/16/2022 at 6:24 AM, incident said:

They shut the route through Pilton Village to Festival Traffic without appropriate routing passes - though admittedly once the car has unloaded it becomes more difficult to identify it as such.

Just do it properly, it's much nicer all around.

Remember 'back in the day' (here we go), always coming from Shepton there was a cop on the junction and you could just point to the Pilton road if you wanted to go down it and they'd wave you through. Then I'd stop outside Pilton Stores and get a flagon of Cripplecock cider for the arrival day 😊