Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

3 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

I not a rich guy , but there is a cost benefit analysis for each person who comes to Primavera at Madrid. For me just on direct flights I saved £200 because of F1 on same time at Barcelona. Primavera

So choose your poison 

Book your flight early instead.

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Go to Porto instead.

This. There was no way we could do Barca or Madrid this year, just way too expensive. Decided to give Porto a go instead and I’m 100% converted. Even with the storms! 

Would love to do Barca again at some point but the only way I see that happening right now is if I have a huge windfall of cash or PS reduces prices, neither particularly likely….

I took 1:45 from near auditorio to site. 50min shuttle. But I think today we don't have traffic on the road. Got back in 30 minutes to Mendez alvaro where my hotel is, perfect.

The site was 85% good. I really don't know now why they canceled Thursday. Expect a good response or a compensation.

Main stages are crowded, but other stages totally empty, you can se every concert in the front. The sound is very good in any that I went. 

Depeche mode fantastic, and Gabriels and Nation of Language very good. 

• Like 1

It’s almost like everyone who chose Barca wants this weekend to be a total disaster…… so far I have had the best festival experience in years here in Madrid 

got lucky Thursday with Blur tickets… so admittedly one of the lucky few but that show will live long in my memory

as for yesterday…..

Wristband exchange and bus at 5pm…. A breeze 

Venue…. Brilliant and bar a few puddles at the Amazon stage was dry as a bone

Bars and food …. Great choices, friendly staff everywhere

Crowds ….. all the bullshit on here about low ticket sales……. The place was absolutely rammed by the time Depeche Mode came on…. I’ve seen ridiculous sales numbers being touted on here and was expecting some kind of Fyre Festival ghost town scenario 

anyway … the most important thing is the music and my god every act I managed to see delivered in spades

Julia Jacklin, Soul Glo, The Mars Volta, Depeche Mode, Kendrick, Fred and finally Skrillex… honestly I’ve done festivals around the world and I genuinely had one of my best nights ever last night … I’m still buzzing

Someone else here said they had a proper moment watching Fred Again…. I have no words for how good he was…. I’d just watched Kendrick deliver a powerhouse performance and yet somehow Fred delivered something even more special 

I’m a total Primavera convert now, have done madcools, Coachella, most of the UK and Ireland  fests and the experience and music I got yesterday and Thursday has knocked all of them out of the park

Roll on day two 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

Yes, DM was packed, but the other concerts that I saw I'll predict the audience:

Julia Jacklin 1000

Delgados 500

Soul Glo 300

Gabriels 500

Nation of Language started playing to 100 people and increase after DM

Georgia 150

I think everyone went to see the Headliners yesterday.

6 minutes ago, RifleSmile said:

It’s almost like everyone who chose Barca wants this weekend to be a total disaster…… so far I have had the best festival experience in years here in Madrid 

got lucky Thursday with Blur tickets… so admittedly one of the lucky few but that show will live long in my memory

as for yesterday…..

Venue…. Brilliant and bar a few puddles at the Amazon stage was dry as a bone

Bars and food …. Great choices, friendly staff everywhere

Crowds ….. all the bullshit on here about low ticket sales……. The place was absolutely rammed by the time Depeche Mode came on…. I’ve seen ridiculous sales numbers being touted on here and was expecting some kind of Fyre Festival ghost town scenario 

anyway … the most important thing is the music and my god every act I managed to see delivered in spades

Julia Jacklin, Soul Glo, The Mars Volta, Depeche Mode, Kendrick, Fred and finally Skrillex… honestly I’ve done festivals around the world and I genuinely had one of my best nights ever last night … I’m still buzzing

Someone else here said they had a proper moment watching Fred Again…. I have no words for how good he was…. I’d just watched Kendrick deliver a powerhouse performance and yet somehow Fred delivered something even more special 

I’m a total Primavera convert now, have done madcools, Coachella, most of the UK and Ireland  fests and the experience and music I got yesterday and Thursday has knocked all of them out of the park

Roll on day two 

errr, quite the opposite for me dude. just hope everyone had a good time. long time barcelona attendee and want nothing more than for the fest to do well.

think the animosity arises from previous examples of mismanagement, and the management as a whole, which to be honest i’ve never known with other fests i’ve been to, but speaks volumes about how dearly we all hold it i guess. 

Edited by Ohjesus

5 hours ago, Ohjesus said:

i’ll, quite the opposite for me dude. just hope everyone had a good time. long time barcelona attendee and want nothing more than for the fest to do well.

think the animosity arises from previous examples of mismanagement, and the management as a whole, which to be honest i’ve never known with other fests i’ve been to, but speaks volumes about how dearly we all hold it i guess. 

We are talking about this fest in Madrid, but, for me, it's over. Next year only urban fests, no more shuttles or long trips to see a concert.

Just thinking next year doing a Kalorama or something like that.

8 minutes ago, joselito said:

We are talking about this fest in Madrid, but, for me, it's over. Next year only urban fests, no more shuttles or long trips to see a concert.

Just thinking next year doing a Kalorama or something like that.

i am speaking for PS as a whole 

I love Barcelona too much to trade it in for Madrid, but I've never been to Madrid so it's pure ignorance on my part, just don't want to take the gamble if I'm honest. 

Will be interesting to see if they continue Madrid next year.  Sounds like people on the ground are having a blast & as usual it's the socials spreading the usual bullshit.  8000 ticket sales & OMG it's another Fyre Fest... whatever.

Talking about a festival with 50% attendance from abroad, they won't back to madrid next year with this format, shuttles+arganda. The no communication, delays, lines, etc, it destroyed the whole reputation of them. Maybe this first edition give them some reliable about the brand Primavera and people come, plus the good sales last year with 2 weekends.

I think they'll only do Barcelona and the editions abroad. 

5 hours ago, Limonado said:

Another problem for Madrid is when the shuttle land you back at Civitas Stadium after 2 am there is no more bus or metro. 

you have to shell out 20 euro for a taxi back to madrid centre

Try the other 2 lines. They are more central than Stadium. Mendez Alvaro is near Atocha. The other one I don't remember is near Chamartin. 

1 hour ago, livenstu said:

Sounds like people on the ground are having a blast & as usual it's the socials spreading the usual bullshit.  8000 ticket sales & OMG it's another Fyre Fest... whatever.

No.

1) It took me almost 3 hours from arriving at the Civitas (which itself is a pain to get to) to walking through the festival gates including collecting wristband. This is the route they recommend.

2. Some people were also waiting well over an hour for a bus to get back into town. In fairness I didnt wait long but only as I left early. I dont want to be forced to leave early tonight which I now feel I am. 

3. The first day was cancelled (!)

4. The auditori concerts start at 12am. Is that reasonable when even if you only saw the headliners last night and then left immediately you still got back to the centre after 3am? It’s meant to be fun, not an endurance test.

5. The site lacks any character in my opinion. Not worth trekking to the middle of nowhere for.

6. There was a lot of sound bleed at stages as they were pretty close. Watching Alvvays with a Four Tet background?

Of course there were some good points (mostly the amount of space) but they were by accident (terrible ticket sales), not by design.

They will never repeat this model.

Edited by xxialac
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, RifleSmile said:

Such a breeze that they had to postpone all the main stages times by 40min because there was more people on the buses than on site. Lol.. and that was with tickets below 50% capacity.

I had a great time yesterday but it was a complete mismanagement for anyone who arrived later than 6pm. I took taxi in&out.

Site was a virtual ghost town outside the main stages until very late. No one at the boiler room. I was there at 7 and 10pm. Same with Cupra, Plenitude, Tous, Amazon...

Ticket rumours on Thursday are pretty much confirmed given the looks of yesterday.

Today will be much busier. They will probably improve from yesterday but I won't take my chanches though. The idea was buying a day ticket but I am not spending another 100€ in taxis or be forced to leave early.

Edited by yosoyyoberdi

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

No.

1) It took me almost 3 hours from arriving at the Civitas (which itself is a pain to get to) to walking through the festival gates including collecting wristband. This is the route they recommend.

2. Some people were also waiting well over an hour for a bus to get back into town. In fairness I didnt wait long but only as I left early. I dont want to be forced to leave early tonight which I now feel I am. 

3. The first day was cancelled (!)

4. The auditori concerts start at 12am. Is that reasonable when even if you only saw the headliners last night and then left immediately you still got back to the centre after 3am? It’s meant to be fun, not an endurance test.

5. The site lacks any character in my opinion. Not worth trekking to the middle of nowhere for.

6. There was a lot of sound bleed at stages as they were pretty close. Watching Alvvays with a Four Tet background?

Of course there were some good points (mostly the amount of space) but they were by accident (terrible ticket sales), not by design.

They will never repeat this model.

I just know from the experience of last year & that what you read online vs actually being there (goes for everything obv) - is a very different thing.

But yeah, you've convinced me not to do Madrid.  I'll stick with the classic model.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ohjesus said:

is everyone on here who was there last night alright?

It took me 2 hours to get back to my hotel (about 6:20am)

So not really 😂 the music yesterday was very good though. Just a huge pain getting there. I'm gonna be getting the bus from Civitas soon so will see how long it takes this time