Best way from Bristol airport arriving 7pm Wed 23rd

Julie Mc

Hi

First time going to Glastonbury ☺️ I’m coming from Ireland and figure flying into Bristol makes most sense…friend is coming from London via train and I’m just wondering if there will be buses around time I arrive as last one I can see is 7.30pm from Bristol coach station? Any advice is appreciated! Open to car /taxi share if it suits anyone?

thanks 

Julie 

First off, congrats on bagging a ticket! Glasto is going to blow your mind!

I've come a few ways from Ireland (via. London by train and via. Holyhead/Bristol by car).

I believe its handy enough to go straight from the airport but given it's your first time, I thought it would be worth pointing out that with those times you'll be arriving when it's dark (if you need to set up tent) and Glasto is absolutely huge compared to anything you may have been to in Ireland so finding people will probs take a little while longer than your used to too.

If it's an option, it's worth considering flying to London to head with your friend on the train.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I recommend the Bristol Flyer bus service. It is nearly as quick as a taxi at his very few stops and way cheaper.

Be mindful of where it stops though. There are bus stands right outside the terminal but the flyer (at least the one to Bath) goes from the bus park just down the slope. Worth checking with info when you get there.

Then train from Bristol to Castle Cary

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Isn't it better to just cut out the train  stage? Either by keeping to bus or getting national express coach? 

Yep. The idea of adding unnecessary steps into what's already a complicated and stressful journey seems wrong to me. Keep changes to the minimum, and if possible keep the journey within a single ticket.

National Express  have direct services from the airport to the festival, which only take an hour so are easily the best option if the times match up, but the last one leaves at 14:00 so may be too early.

Failing that, they'll also sell a through ticket connecting at Bristol Coach Station. Even that is scheduled at about 2 and a half hours total so still an awkward journey. Going via train and the Castle Cary shuttle is even worse - it might save a couple quid, but is going to end up pretty close to 4 hours point to point with 2 separate tickets needed.

Personally, I'd be tempted to bite the bullet and pay for a direct taxi - it should be about 45-50 minutes on a normal day, and as the traffic should have calmed down significantly by Wednesday afternoon should still be under or around an hour.

• Thanks 1

Hi there, I'm in the same boat arriving from Ireland at 6.30pm except on the Thursday (work not able to accommodate any earlier!!). My first time going and my friends will have been there since Wednesday. How long do you think a taxi will take at that time? I'm sure it'll be a stressful evening but hopefully worth it!!