Standon Calling 2022

gregory

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not unhappy with the lineup (given I'll be managing a six-year-old too, there's probably enough stuff I want to see - Human League, Nuha Ruby Ra, Self Esteem, The Big Moon), but I'm definitely concerned about how little info has been coming out from organisers in recent weeks/months regarding stage splits and the like.

And while I know Google ads are what they are, I'm being BOMBARDED with Standon ads these last couple of months, which raises questions about ticket sales (though, they're on "Tier 5" so maybe I shouldn't be so worried?).

• 2 weeks later...

Just flagging that the "get 5% free bar credit on cashless topup" ends at midnight tomorrow (see below), as organisers seem to be way less on it with the comms this year so some people may miss that.

(I missed the 10% deal which ran till May 31, annoyingly).

Standoners! Fancy some drinks on us? To celebrate the festival drawing ever closer, top up your cashless account before midnight on 4th July and you’ll get 5% back as free bar credit*. To receive 5% back, simply top up one of the amounts below:

£100 = £5 free bar credit
£150 = £7.50 free bar credit
£200 = £10 free bar credit
£300 = £15 free bar credit
This is a limited time offer, so don’t miss out! Start loading up your festival spending money to turbo-charge your day or weekend of summer fun at Standon Calling.

*This offer is available even if you have already topped up!

EDIT: Standon being Standon, on the top up site you can't actually top up by £200 in a single transaction so 🤷‍♂️ if that's what you're looking to do.171782200_Screenshot2023-07-03at15_47_36.thumb.png.1825e816066dbd66f77e2c71f46fa7a7.png

Edited by european_son

51 minutes ago, freeak said:

You can see who is playing the main stage or laundry meadows through the app, but no set times yet

Taking away the cowshed (third live music stage), and filling tons of the main and laundry stage gaps with BBC introducing acts hasn't helped an already quite poor lineup hey..

• Like 1

The standon calling website advises 

• Gas stoves and BBQs are allowed as long as they are elevated from the ground. However, gas bottles weighing more than 3.9kg are not permitted. Additionally, the use of briefcase stoves and disposable BBQs is prohibited. Please note, we reserve the right to prohibit all stoves and BBQ units at short notice in the interest of event safety.

However the app says that gas stoves are not permitted...

Festivals have banned stoves last year due to the heat, which is not an issue for standon this year. There is also the issue of people chucking them onto fires and reading and Leeds but I do not think that is a problem here that means they should be banned. If they are banned then seems to be a money grab like the 12 can beer limit to get attendees to spend more 😞

Had a great time with the family again, definitely more commercial now.. But didn't stop us enjoying it

One thing tho, the lack of security was unbelievable... Didn't have wrist band checked once the entire festival! never known anything like it... Surely thats gonna cause them licensing problems? 

Our third year in a row with our now six-year-old...

We all had a really great time despite the relatively weaker lineup/fewer acts (and no Uni of Beds tent), the Saturday/Monday morning weather, the swathe of admittedly adorable ruffian teens in bucket hats, and what feels like even more grasping on all the prices every year.

Plus I really wish the organisers would up the comms in the leadup and at least give the impression of listening to feedback and making us part of the conversation.

So it's the usual wrinkles/moans, but fun was definitely had and we'll probably be back next year. Only a 15-20min drive from home which is a big pull factor.