Standon Calling 2022

Just went on the Sunday, but loved it. So relaxed, everyone in a great mood, excellent music - and the weather helpd of course!

Self Esteem, Dry Cleaning and Ezra Furman were great. Sigrid and Bjorn Again were poptastic. Milton Jones in particular was a scream in the Lawn tent, which was useful to get out of the heat for a while. The only disappointment imo were Primal Screm. They didn't play the whole of Screamadelica as hoped, and instead the first half of the set, which started brilliantly with Swastika Eyes, was filled with obscurities and downers/political sloganeering which went on far too long. Completely inappropriate for a festival crowd, especially a family-friendly one like Standon. Though perhaps (being Primal Scream) that was the point. It was only the last half hour or so which perked up with some of the classics.

Looking forward to next year.

• Like 1

Aside from the teens totally fucked up on drugs all night in General Camping keeping us awake, what a lovely, well organised, well curated lineup, and friendly festival! Love the no-overlap of the 2 main stages, and how close they are. I literally didn't see a bad set all weekend I think, stuff I wouldn't usually listen to I still felt was really good quality and enjoyable. 

Very sad that as a result of the Dive Bar debacle, basically 25% of the live musical acts got cancelled, and not moved/rescheduled. Loved the design of the venue with the church like wood and the divey walls, hope it's back next year.

• Like 1