2023 Festival

TheWaters

2 hours ago, nathanh said:

So who do we all want/think we will see on the lineup? 

I’m convinced Yungblud will sub Billie. Makes for a great top two as well. I’d expect some acts from festivals such as Pukklepop, Lowlands, Sziget, Rock En Seine & maybe a couple from Cabaret Vert to turn up as long as they aren’t too big or doing other festivals in the UK. 

29 minutes ago, foolee said:

I’m convinced Yungblud will sub Billie. Makes for a great top two as well. I’d expect some acts from festivals such as Pukklepop, Lowlands, Sziget, Rock En Seine & maybe a couple from Cabaret Vert to turn up as long as they aren’t too big or doing other festivals in the UK. 

Do you really think its likely that they bump an existing logo act down?

1 minute ago, nathanh said:

surely this has happened before

just stick him in as a special guest anyway otherwise and bump down regardless

32 minutes ago, gfa said:

surely this has happened before

just stick him in as a special guest anyway otherwise and bump down regardless

All fine and dandy until the contracts acts have signed up to are looked at.

It very much could have been what they signed up to, it’s hard to believe Steve Lacey will be big enough by August to play 3rd.

Its also hard to imagine Declan McKenna playing 7th too though

Once more they’re fucked without a proper second stage

34 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I think so. Steve Lacy and Declan McKenna are too high anyway and it’s not out of the question that Yungblud was actually booked pre first lineup release but they’re waiting for the tour to complete as it wasn’t fully sold out. Would be a great addition imo. The live show on this tour has been incredible. 

15 minutes ago, Benj said:

All fine and dandy until the contracts acts have signed up to are looked at.

Special guests get slotted in all the time at festivals

13 minutes ago, foolee said:

I think so. Steve Lacy and Declan McKenna are too high anyway and it’s not out of the question that Yungblud was actually booked pre first lineup release but they’re waiting for the tour to complete as it wasn’t fully sold out. Would be a great addition imo. The live show on this tour has been incredible. 

Declan mckenna is fine where he is - same slot as NBT and Wet Leg

50 minutes ago, gfa said:

Special guests get slotted in all the time at festivals

Not necessarily booked at the time they’re added. 

It Steve Lacey has a contract saying he’s playing 3rd Reading can’t just bump him down

The point re McKenna is that if Yungblud comes in second, surely everyone is bumped down.

Admittedly only one slot if they shuffle the stages up, once again it would highlight what a farce the two main stage thing is though

7 minutes ago, Benj said:

Not necessarily booked at the time they’re added. 

It Steve Lacey has a contract saying he’s playing 3rd Reading can’t just bump him down

The point re McKenna is that if Yungblud comes in second, surely everyone is bumped down.

Admittedly only one slot if they shuffle the stages up, once again it would highlight what a farce the two main stage thing is though

Thats how a special slot works yes....

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Thats how a special slot works yes....

Yes, so you saying McKenna is fine where he is CAN NOT HAPPEN 🤣

If McKenna playing 7th (Circa Waves slot last year) is fine, then it’s easy to add Yungblud. 

If so I don’t think it’s something they’ve booked late as sales were bad, it was always planned, his tour is finished, he’s the big name to push the announcement

Steve Lacey being 3rd is what makes me think it will happen, is he close to being big enough in the UK to be there currently, or looking likely to get big enough?

1 hour ago, gfa said:

He’s not as big. Wet Leg blew up last year and NBT have played the O2. 4th down seems about right. Same slot at Little Simz and Fontaines. RTJ as well but they were only really booked because of RATM. 

25 minutes ago, Benj said:

Yes, so you saying McKenna is fine where he is CAN NOT HAPPEN 🤣

If McKenna playing 7th (Circa Waves slot last year) is fine, then it’s easy to add Yungblud. 

If so I don’t think it’s something they’ve booked late as sales were bad, it was always planned, his tour is finished, he’s the big name to push the announcement

Steve Lacey being 3rd is what makes me think it will happen, is he close to being big enough in the UK to be there currently, or looking likely to get big enough?

I have no idea what the first sentence means? He's fine as a 5th down artist it certainly can happened lol, sure he's not the biggest but its hardly ridiculous and i'm saying a special guest could just be added above him regardless

Who knows with steve lacy, probably not - its mostly about headliners anyway and we have no idea what is selling best/worse but I reckon Sam Fender is shifting a good amount of tickets.

20 minutes ago, foolee said:

He’s not as big. Wet Leg blew up last year and NBT have played the O2. 4th down seems about right. Same slot at Little Simz and Fontaines. RTJ as well but they were only really booked because of RATM. 

He's a solid festival act that always pulls a decent crowd. He did 2 nights in Brixton in 2021 - before Little Simz played she had done 1 ally pally show

not the biggest booking sure but not completely ridiculous

as i said they can just add a special guest

32 minutes ago, gfa said:

I have no idea what the first sentence means? He's fine as a 5th down artist it certainly can happened lol, sure he's not the biggest but its hardly ridiculous and i'm saying a special guest could just be added above him regardless.

The point is you saying he’s fine where he is and having someone slot in above him are mutually exclusive.

Yes, he’s most definitely fine as a 5th places artist, I can’t see him being 7th on the bill though, the same slots held by Pale and Circa Waves last year.

Fair play to Reading if that’s what they do, it would be a strong day assuming someone would be slotting in above Lil Tjay too

6 minutes ago, Benj said:

The point is you saying he’s fine where he is and having someone slot in above him are mutually exclusive.

Yes, he’s most definitely fine as a 5th places artist, I can’t see him being 7th on the bill though, the same slots held by Pale and Circa Waves last year.

Fair play to Reading if that’s what they do, it would be a strong day assuming someone would be slotting in above Lil Tjay too

An act can be fine where they are but due to other weaknesses across the weekend it makes sense to add a special guest

Not sure where 7th on the bill has even come for, they aren't going to be adding 2 acts above him

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

An act can be fine where they are but due to other weaknesses across the weekend it makes sense to add a special guest

Not sure where 7th on the bill has even come for, they aren't going to be adding 2 acts above him

Unless they switch the stages up he’ll drop down from 5th to 7th on the day

10 minutes ago, Benj said:

Unless they switch the stages up he’ll drop down from 5th to 7th on the day

ah i see what you mean, what have they done in the past? surely they just shift everyone across a stage

8 minutes ago, Benj said:

Does anyone think Yungblud would shift a lot of tickets anyway, given the fact he’s been everywhere again, playing 120 shows last year, 7 already this …and was at the festival just 2 years ago

would rather he stays as far away as possible.

probably better off just waiting and returning next album for a MSW slot or something anyway

21 minutes ago, gfa said:

ah i see what you mean, what have they done in the past? surely they just shift everyone across a stage

would rather he stays as far away as possible.

probably better off just waiting and returning next album for a MSW slot or something anyway

I think when Wolf Alice were added relatively late on they just shifted everyone down. I think they were a relatively late replacement though.

At this point I guess they’d only really need to shift McKEnna and relegate Lil Tjay to the A-Z, so it wouldn’t be a huge drama

3 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I kind of read that tweet and the announcement coming "this month" tweet as we know its coming soon but not sure exactly when. Thats been the case with Wireless lately with them pushing back announcements.

I mean generally when they say this month its fair to assume that means this month. It will in 99% of cases