Glastonbury Festival gets major cash boost.

Ommadawn

17 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

It would be interesting to know what conditions (if any) are attached to the grant. Can it be used to pay for artists or is it to be used to pay employees and essential workers etc?

When applying for the CRF you have to state what you will be using it for, i.e. £20k for staffing costs, £100k for site improvements, etc, and you have to spend it on those and you can't allocate it to other things. So you couldn't say that you were going to spend £100k on installing flushing loos across the site and then spend it on a dressing room for Chris Martin.

Once the period is over, April - June for CRF2, you then have to submit a report of how the money has been spent and it should be spent in this period.

Edited by Dukeicon

2 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

When applying for the CRF you have to state what you will be using it for, i.e. £20k for staffing costs, £100k for site improvements, etc, and you have to spend it on those and you can't allocate it to other things. So you couldn't say that you were going to spend £100k on installing flushing loos across the site and then spend it on a dressing room for Chris Martin.

Once the period is over, April - June for CRF2, you then have to submit a report of how the money has been spent and it should be spent in this period.

That's great to know! I assumed it's not made public what the recipients have said they're using it for? 

Would be great to see how they're allocating it. I wonder if there is anything big they'll do with it. EDIT: Aside from putting on a festival the size of a city 😄 

Edited by DareToDibble

23 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

That's great to know! I assumed it's not made public what the recipients have said they're using it for? 

Would be great to see how they're allocating it. I wonder if there is anything big they'll do with it. EDIT: Aside from putting on a festival the size of a city 😄 

No, that's not made public.

This money has to be spent before the end of June, so assuming some will be spent on setting up the Family Campsite and probably the online show too. Infrastructure improvements for 2022, is something I'd imagine is in there too.

Inflating reserves (i.e. cash held in bank for emergencies) is something else they can do, so I'm sure some will be allocated to that. 

Edited by Dukeicon