vaccine passports

eFestivals

A are you happy for vaccine passports to exist  

74 members have voted

1. 1. A are you happy for vaccine passports to exist

• Yes
    • No

Hopefully off to Green Man in a few weeks, double jabbed so went on NHS covid pass link as it says on Green Man website, I live in Wales so followed Wales info and ended up with a QR code for England ? Anyone else in Wales tried it ?

On 7/24/2021 at 9:53 PM, mph said:

Hopefully off to Green Man in a few weeks, double jabbed so went on NHS covid pass link as it says on Green Man website, I live in Wales so followed Wales info and ended up with a QR code for England ? Anyone else in Wales tried it ?

Yeah I had to show proof for Latitude last weekend. Got the same QR code, waved through the gates. Note there is an expiry on it (for the QR code not the jab!) so you may need to go on the site and get a new pass before the show. I don't think any of the Welsh test events have worked on vaccination status yet so maybe that's why it says England on it, may change in the near future.

• 1 month later...

In his opening statement to MPs, Sajid Javid said: “Whilst we’re not going ahead with mandatory vaccine-only Covid-status certification [aka vaccine passports] now, we will be holding that power in reserve.”

But the autumn and winter plan (pdf) suggests that vaccine passports may be more probable than Javid’s words implied. While stressing that they are just a plan B contingency at this point, it suggests that businesses that might be effected should started making plans for their possible introduction. It says:

Under Plan B, the government expects to introduce mandatory vaccine certification in a limited number of settings, with specific characteristics. The government hopes that it would not be necessary to mandate vaccine certification more widely than these settings, though this cannot be entirely ruled out.

If Plan B is implemented, it could be at short notice in response to concerning data. Therefore, in order to help businesses prepare their own contingency plans, the government will shortly publish more detail about the proposed certification regime that would be introduced as part of plan B. The government would seek to give businesses at least one week’s notice before mandatory vaccine certification came into force.

The document includes a full half page citing evidence to support the case for Covid passports (on page 24).

The plan reveals that if the government does adopt this scheme, the NHS Covid pass, a feature on the NHS app, will effectively become the Covid passport. At the moment the NHS Covid pass allows people to either show either that they have been fully vaccinated, or that they have had a recent negative test. Under plan B the Covid pass would only show proof of vaccination.

And it sets out the venues that might be covered by a Covid passport: not just nightclubs (as originally proposed by Boris Johnson in July), but indoor venues with more than 500 people in close proximity, outdoor venues with more than 4,000 people in close proximity and any setting with more than 10,000 people. (These are almost exactly the same criteria as apply in Scotland, where Covid passports have already been announced, although the Scots are also mandating them for sexual entertainment venues too.)

• 4 months later...
On 3/16/2021 at 10:22 AM, lost said:

No. As we know Captain Tom couldn't take the vaccine for health reasons and so I wouldn't want those people to become second class citizens.

Infact a business refusing to hire someone or serve someone due to a disability which meant they couldn't take [url=https://www.comparateur-dependance-senior.com/monte-escalier-electrique]comparatif monte escalier électrique[/url] the vaccine I would think would be able to be challenged under the disability discrimination act. 

For me, vaccination passes should not be compulsory because many people want to go out, but do not want to be vaccinated.