news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

it wasn't a struggle to do the income lie, or find a hooky mortgage - those things were  very standard at the time. everyone was doing it, and it exposes the truth that houses were never an easy purchase.

Why would you do it if you were earning 35k and the average house price was 60k 🤣🤣 why on earth would you lie about your salary 😂 to what end?

you're such a liar. or a moron. or both 

14 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah this is mental, his house would have been like 2 times his income. He's a compulsive liar 

i could have bought cheaper, but bought a specific house for specific reasons. and needed the tricks to pull it off.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Neil claiming he earned 3x the average salary in 1989 which is the equivalent of like 100k today lol.

have you seen how much qualified tradesmen earn today??????
(also i was self employed so earning well)

i can remember one day around that time where i'd earnt£200 and was back in bed by 9am.

but still opting to lie about his salary and take a 110% mortgage hahaha, 

sorry but what did you claim your salary was when you lied about it??? 

i did what was needed in order to buy the house i wanted(same as anyone would do today).

can't remember what i lied my income to be - its a very long time ago.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

£35,000 in 1989 is worth £107,385.32 today

can't believe you gave up this fictional salary to run efestivals neil!

i went thru a whole other career before efests - and efests  was very lucrative for a while.

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You could have been approved for a mortgage which was twice the average house price of the time.  For all this to be true you would of had to been looking to buy a huge house.

it was a 5 bed house in expensive home counties commuter belt.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

for 2.1x your salary 

and you still f**ked it up

the tories f**ked it up with 16% interest rates. mortgage payments went from around £400pm to around £900pm.

Edited by Neil

the tories f**ked it up with 16% interest rates. mortgage payments went from around £400pm to around £900pm.

which is still under half of your made up take home pay. For a five bed gaff i think that's not bad

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

c'mon mr know it all, tell me what you've invented yourself. 

you didn't earn 35k in 1989, you lied

which is still under half of your made up take home pay. For a five bed gaff i think that's not bad

you didn't earn 35k in 1989, you lied

maybe i didn't thats my memory of what i was earning.i was a sparky on piece work

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

£75k + 110% mortgage = £82.5k...

Interest rates in 1989 where around 15% meaning a repayment of around £1075...

Interest rates going to 16% meaning a repayment of around £1121..

Where am I going wrong ? 

perhaps your maths today is better than my memories of stuff i've had no need to remember for 30+ years until this convo.

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

he's making it up

that's as close as we're gonna get to you admitting you made it up. thanks for the confirmation 

if i never owned that house why did i later pay the mortgage company £10+k in repossession losses?

can you remember your conception from 30+ years ago? then why are you expecting perfect memory from me?

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think so at this point.  And its fair enough to admit you got it wrong.

if i insisted everything i've said is 100% accurate g (cos my memory isn't perfect cos my brain has been fried), that would be the making it up, vacuous frey has been sayin - guess he's pissed off that I've had a more successful past that i f**ked up  than he'll ever get close to.

Edited by Neil

if i insisted everything i've said is 100% accurate g (cos my memory isn't perfect cos my brain has been fried), that would be the making it up, 

just admit you got it wrong and leave it maybe then eh? stop crying cause your bullshit got called out

guess he's pissed off that I've had a more successful past that i f**ked up  than he'll ever get close to.

you know nothing about me 🙂 

just admit you got it wrong and leave it maybe then eh? stop crying cause your bullshit got called out

you know nothing about me 🙂 

i know you're enough of a waster to post here all day.

just looking at rightmove for houses in that area now, not seen one for less than £3+M yet.

my house wouldn't be that (had been pulled down last i heard)