news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, Neil said:

not just him, people like that are why i wasn't prepared to put the effort in anymore, tory destroyers,  who (destroy the good things without building anything new that's worthwhile).

That’s a shame as a couple of years ago his behaviour wouldn’t have been tolerated. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

So abusive posts calling people ‘morons’ etc is allowed? Incredible, sorry but that’s appalling moderating standards. 

So calling people tories ? How does that fall ? I’d prefer to be called a moron than a Tory …. Iggy is after volunteers to mod by the way 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Fair enough but at least attempt to take things back in that direction … the Labour Party will be our new govt and to me they should be beyond this . 

everything needs changing and things will have to be put in priority - they can't change it all immediately. if they don't do it immediately it doesn't mean they can't do it down the line.

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

ore the billion times you called everyone a tory who didn't agree with you 

i've only recently  recognised the tory destroyer trait in you.

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

So calling people tories ? How does that fall ? I’d prefer to be called a moron than a Tory …. Iggy is after volunteers to mod by the way 

I think Ozanne has called people tories maybe 100 times on here. Actually maybe like 500. All cause people dare to disagree with him 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

everything needs changing and things will have to be put in priority - they can't change it all immediately. if they don't do it immediately it doesn't mean they can't do it down the line.

I agree but they can announce how to things for the better as a govt in waiting 

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

You're a tory and i'm destroying you in this argument if that's what you mean!

its not a standard anyone should be self-congratulatory about.

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

I’d say calling someone a Tory isn’t as bad as post after post calling someone dumb or c*nts etc. If you are genuinely ok with that standard of posting then it raises questions about the moderating standards.

I’d happily volunteer to do it if asked. 

Just now, Neil said:

that's  a very long list.

Yeah also agree but I’m relating it to the current issue which is proving deeply unpopular so better optics from Starmer here would help his cause , and that’s not saying release every single thing Labour would do . If he’s going to improve UC at least say it … his poll leads are incredible so now is a great time 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I’d say calling someone a Tory isn’t as bad as post after post calling someone dumb or c*nts etc. If you are genuinely ok with that standard of posting then it raises questions about the moderating standards.

I’d happily volunteer to do it if asked. 

so you'd ban stevie if he called someone a c**t? fairly certain he's done that a million times.

I don't think they're going to ask someone who was previously banned to be a mod ozanne!

Yeah also agree but I’m relating it to the current issue which is proving deeply unpopular so better optics from Starmer here would help his cause , and that’s not saying release every single thing Labour would do . If he’s going to improve UC at least say it … his poll leads are incredible so now is a great time 

The policy isn’t ready yet as Jon Ashworth hasn’t finalised it plus Labour have their NPF this weekend where they discuss policy matters further. 

Yep I am .. doesn’t show on my profile but I volunteered and iggy accepted that just after Glastonbury 

soz i didn't know.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

Can if worms for every winner there will be a loser.

We’ll just have to see what the improvements/changes they propose. I can safely say they’ll be better than anything we have now.

I was mainly sharing it as CF said he wanted Starmer to say they’ll improve UC and they have done so that’s good!

2 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

People buy into the thinking that it is a reward and it is single parents living in their luxurious council house given to them for free.

I have 5 kids and while we did not have them for extra cash one is not going to reject it. Most of the benefits we received, outside of child benefit, were all in work benefits and allowed us not having to worry about school dinners and trips etc. I saw the credits as an investment in the kids future and they have all gone through uni and are 'useful' citizens lol.

We are pretty similar then, I have four kids and got in-work benefits at the time, Family Credit, the thing is I was working 2 jobs and getting some Family Credit to top us up, because of the tax situation and the way the benefit system worked, I figured I could give up the full-time job and just work part-time and be almost as well off. So I quit the job and worked part-time. (Didn't last long though, the company folded and I ended up doing 2 jobs again and working 7 days a week). Point being any benefits system won't work fairly for everyone as everyone has different circumstances, Starmer has probably decided that reverting to the old system isn't the best way of dealing with this, a new system should be implemented but it's not easy, reducing tax for lower earners is by far the best way of giving them more money, no point in taking away tax then giving them it back in benefits.