news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Still could be fall out this looks like a party split on the issue Sturgeon went on:

Humza Yousaf: 26,032

Kate Forbes: 23,890

Wonder if Starmer will shelve the self ID thing like he's hinted. There could be 50% of SNP voters to hoover up.

Edited by lost

2 minutes ago, lost said:

Still could be fall out this looks like a party split on the issue Sturgeon went on:

it never had support from Scottish voters , and still has the ability to reduce the snp vote.

2 minutes ago, lost said:

Wonder if Starmer will shelve the self ID thing like he's hinted.

is it? 

from what I can tell Forbes was seen as a better candidate until she started coming out with some of her social conservative christian stuff on gay marriages and children out of wedlock. 

But, does show SNP is split..it's a broad coalition..that Yousaf bloke has got his work cut out.

and Starmer might shelve (or postpone) the self ID thing if looks like could hurt their chances of getting reelected..I expect he won't want to talk about it, but he will get asked..a lot...

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

is it? 

from what I can tell Forbes was seen as a better candidate until she started coming out with some of her social conservative christian stuff on gay marriages and children out of wedlock. 

But, does show SNP is split..it's a broad coalition..that Yousaf bloke has got his work cut out.

and Starmer might shelve (or postpone) the self ID thing if looks like could hurt their chances of getting reelected..I expect he won't want to talk about it, but he will get asked..a lot...

There's no point doing the self I'd thing as it would pan out the same as it did in Scotland .

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

unless the labour vote splits and tories win it which would be pretty funny.

corbyn has been enabling tory wins for a long time.

Close escape for the SNP today. Only a couple of % away from becoming as right wing as Labour.

Edited by LJS

16 minutes ago, LJS said:

Close escape for the SNP today. Only a couple of % away from becoming as right wing as Labour.

I would have thought Starmer and Yousaf are similar from a political perspective in terms of the right/left spectrum. I don’t think someone as social conservatives views as Forbes would get 40 percent in a labour leadership contest, but the Labour membership is probably to the left of SNP.

40 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I would have thought Starmer and Yousaf are similar from a political perspective in terms of the right/left spectrum. I don’t think someone as social conservatives views as Forbes would get 40 percent in a labour leadership contest, but the Labour membership is probably to the left of SNP.

& Undoubtedly way to the left of their pale pink leadership.

5 minutes ago, LJS said:

& Undoubtedly way to the left of their pale pink leadership.

there's no way labour would have leadership candidates similar to the snp's rightist-ones

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

there's no way labour would have leadership candidates similar to the snp's rightist-ones

Of course not. They have their own rightist leadership already.

8 minutes ago, LJS said:

Of course not. They have their own rightist leadership already.

no one prominent as nutty or rightist  as your rightist nuts.

i feel sick, i just clickd on a prince harry story at the guardian, to find out what his latest whinge is, and i've helped promote the idea that people are interested in the leech.