Music festivals and the future

taylor_247

9 minutes ago, taylor_247 said:

I would agree that Glastonbury is a very different festival to many of the other mainstream festivals, Glastonbury certainly isn't aimed at a specified age range compared to others like Reading and Leeds festivals. Research focusing on Glastonbury as it's own culture and festival experience would be interesting for a future project. I'm assuming some of the criticism I've received is partly due to the fact I posted this in  a Glastonbury chat where people of all ages have a deeper meaningful connection to this type of festival.  

Yeah, I think that's something to do with it! The age demographic on this forum is pretty broad as you've probably figured out, so getting a huge chunk of us lumped into what is effectively "old" is a bit of a kicker as well :lol:

I’m not coming back to this thread any more. It’s not good for me, having just turned the big 4-0 to be old that the events I go to aren’t actually aimed at me! 

* throws old self in bin 

36 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’m not coming back to this thread any more. It’s not good for me, having just turned the big 4-0 to be old that the events I go to aren’t actually aimed at me! 

* throws old self in bin 

This is a young place, for young people. There's nothing for you here!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 7:02 PM, crazyfool1 said:

I think they were around in my early days 2002 was my first ... but im also fairly sure the old nokia worked back then  so never had the need , ... although the delays on texts arriving could cause many issues .... most of them used to arrive early morning ..... in those days one battery survived the whole fest without the need to turn the phone off overnight :) 

I took a Nokia phone to my first big festival which was Reading 1999 and it worked fine mainly because it’s not in a rural area and hardly anyone else had one.  Think I only used it sparingly over the weekend!

2004 my first Glastonbury it was easier to text than call iirc.

I think early Glastonbury’s that I went to it was easy to call/text by the Sunday as most people’s batteries had died so the network was a lot quieter, once portable battery chargers became more common place around 2013/14 it became a lot more difficult throughout the whole weekend! 

On 7/21/2020 at 6:57 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

We made plans...  Lots of them. And they very rarely worked.

Seriously, we'd say things like "if we get split up, we meet at the meeting point" and then when we invariably turned up at different times, left a message saying to meet again at a specific time... Which was generally ignored then we met back at the tent.

A lost mate thought 

"By the burger van " 

Was accurate enough information for him to be found 

"The burger van is at the side of a fence and I can see an ice cream van "

Just in case we were struggling for the location , but it was still not accurate enough for us to be arsed to get out of our tents and go and help him