When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

51 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Whitty said there's no good time to open up, it's all shit, so may as well deal with the shit now.

He went on to say that behavioural change needs to be slow and that even if it’s not, hospitalisations could get pretty scary and that restrictions could come back within two months. 

That’s not the sound of a man confident of his strategy. 

28 minutes ago, kalifire said:

He went on to say that behavioural change needs to be slow and that even if it’s not, hospitalisations could get pretty scary and that restrictions could come back within two months. 

That’s not the sound of a man confident of his strategy. 

No, indeed. Anyway, I agree with what others have said, in the end the buck stops with Johnson, it's a big gamble, but maybe he didn't have much choice with his MPs etc.

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Are we sure that Javid has genuinely contracted the virus? You wouldn’t put it past this lot to come up with a scare story to show how ‘anyone can get it’.

Obviously if genuine, I hope he makes a full recovery.

we can never be sure...but I expect he has. Too risky for them to lie about this and get found out.

9 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Didn’t take a genius to work that out. Should have been IIR masks minimum and it might have actually made a big enough difference. 

Exactly what I have been saying since August 2020 but I keep getting down voted 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Love that- I suppose technically you could argue he advised sage by writing a paper that they read but it's certainly pushing the boundaries of the term 😂

It’s unsurprising that PFA have jumped on it without reading into any of the detail. 

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Love that- I suppose technically you could argue he advised sage by writing a paper that they read but it's certainly pushing the boundaries of the term 😂

he works as a dr of mechanical engineering and his expertise is in energy use or something. He was also against some of the lockdown social distancing stuff, and writes a lot in the spectator etc. No doubt he's very clever, and cloth masks won't be as good as the surgical ones, but there are many different opinions out there on their effectiveness, and his is one opinion.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

he works as a dr of mechanical engineering and his expertise is in energy use or something. He was also against some of the lockdown social distancing stuff, and writes a lot in the spectator etc. No doubt he's very clever, and cloth masks won't be as good as the surgical ones, but there are many different opinions out there on their effectiveness, and his is one opinion.

The official line is they make a small difference when coupled with social distancing.   When is the last time you saw social distancing?