When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

God she’s annoying. They’ve found their new narrative now though, as they love to shift the goal posts.

Now it is lockdown until the end of September and vaccinate 11 - 17 year olds.

Also looking through her posts - of course some UCL doctor is out of touch with the harm of having kids constantly in and out of school.

Edited by Matt42

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

God she’s annoying. They’ve found their new narrative now though, as they love to shift the goal posts.

Now it is lockdown until the end of September and vaccinate 11 - 17 year olds.

Also looking through her posts - of course some UCL doctor is out of touch with the harm of having kids constantly in and out of school.

Desperate to get on the pagel hate bandwagon?

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Desperate to get on the pagel hate bandwagon?

But she’s extremely annoying. It’s always bad news. When we get good news she finds something bad. It sounds like projection to me. She wants everyone to be as doomsday as she is.

On 5/18/2020 at 12:22 PM, gizmoman said:

Wow, so they are going ahead and manufacturing 30 million doses for the UK of a vaccine that doesn't even prevent the disease. At best in minimises the symptoms. The fact is that the vast majority don't get a bad form of the disease so the only people who would really benefit from this vaccine would be the elderly or compromised. It will be hard to make an argument to give otherwise healthy people a vaccine that doesn't actually stop them getting the disease.

So, over a year ago i pointed out that the vaccines don't stop you getting the disease and questioned the need to vaccinate the young and healthy, we now have people in this thread double jabbed and catching Covid even though the majority of the adult population have had at least one jab. The jab clearly cant stop transmission of the disease just reduce the effects, so why are we continuing to demand younger people and children get jabbed? It won't eradicate the disease and these people are not at risk from severe Covid it will just be a flu like effect for the vast majority of them. We may as well just let it run now the vunerable are protected. Hoping to reduce "cases" (positive tests) by continuous vaccinations won't work.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So don't read her tweets.

I would happily avoid her if she wasn’t 

- constantly on the news

- appearing in my feed because her tweets get picked up by every media outlet going.

- and she tries to get in the limelight every opportunity going.

I wish I could just not read her tweets. Nice playschool argument there.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

- constantly on the news

- appearing in my feed because her tweets get picked up by every media outlet going.

And then you share on here

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

- constantly on the news

- and she tries to get in the limelight every option going.

Tbf I think you can, if you go to ‘muted’ in your settings on Twitter you can have certain words muted so they won’t pop up on your feed. So in theory if you muted ‘Pagel’ I don’t think yuk would see any of her stuff. 

Just now, steviewevie said:

And then you share on here

Just now, Ozanne said:

Tbf I think you can, if you go to ‘muted’ in your settings on Twitter you can have certain words muted so they won’t pop up on your feed. So in theory if you muted ‘Pagel’ I don’t think yuk would see any of her stuff. 

These arguments are so immature. Of course I care about some knobhead actively trying to terrify people with reopening anxiety. 

I’m not going to ignore her because she’s actually causing damage to people. 

These arguments are so immature. Of course I care about some knobhead actively trying to terrify people with reopening anxiety. 

There has been a jump in hospital admissions

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to argue with you, I was genuinely offering a suggestion to a way you can avoid her comments. 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

- constantly on the news

Seriously ? I’m not actively avoiding her .. she does appear from time to time just like many others with opinions on covid but it’s pretty easy to switch off … 95% of the time I’m aware of her because of people whinging about her on here 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

There has been a jump in hospital admissions

Shock horror but a zero Covid strategy is a race to the bottom. Even 10 years ago from now we will still have a rate of hospitalisations from COVID. Just like the flu, and various other diseases.

We are more open now than we’ve been for a long time and a lot of people have sacked the rules completely. It’s entirely expected we will see effect. But this not a surge and this is not a ‘wave’.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Shock horror but a zero Covid strategy is a race to the bottom. Even 10 years ago from now we will still have a rate of hospitalisations from COVID. Just like the flu, and various other diseases.

We are more open now than we’ve been for a long time and a lot of people have sacked the rules completely. It’s entirely expected we will see effect. But this not a surge and this is not a ‘wave’.

She isn't saying zero covid, she is just worried that we are relaxing all restrictions too early before as many as poss get vaccinated etc. Anyway cba with another pagel argument. Looks like 19th July will go ahead but they may ask people to be careful, make it personal responsibility, and then we'll just have to see how it goes.

20 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

So, over a year ago i pointed out that the vaccines don't stop you getting the disease and questioned the need to vaccinate the young and healthy, we now have people in this thread double jabbed and catching Covid even though the majority of the adult population have had at least one jab. The jab clearly cant stop transmission of the disease just reduce the effects, so why are we continuing to demand younger people and children get jabbed? It won't eradicate the disease and these people are not at risk from severe Covid it will just be a flu like effect for the vast majority of them. We may as well just let it run now the vunerable are protected. Hoping to reduce "cases" (positive tests) by continuous vaccinations won't work.

I saw a tweet the other day that summed it up perfectly. A vaccine is cheaper than an occupied hospital bed. 

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Apparently this has now been scrapped.... NHS London have caused chaos saying that over 40s have to wait 8 weeks for second, no questions and under 40s 12 weeks. 

Loads of people kicking off as they all had flyers through telling them to go. 

Edit:

Edited by Havors

5 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Cant smell anything though

Welcome to my world! Been anosmic since the ‘90s! (allergies)…Dead handy in the long drops…if it looks clean, it is for me! Smell comes back from time to time, but it’s always hypersensitive and completely f*cked up when it does…happened just before the festival one year, every bog in the place smelled rank! Now and again I get the smell of coffee or a nice curry, but mostly, it’s just nothing! 

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Hated that bloody programme.

It was terrible and would force me to turn off the tv 

40BD853E-0B2A-442A-8830-F370A432CA6B.png.4f880383f86966b5f685a0bfe69021e3.png

I preferred this-  I always meant to send a picture in for the gallery, but never got round to doing it

Edited by Mr Boo