Sign in to follow this  
eFestivals

server problems

there's currently some issues with the server, that are causing some people to sometime see error messages, as well as things running slowly.

These are being looked into and hopefully there'll be a solution soon.

In the meantime apologies for any inconvenience.

the problem is still being looked into.

I think the guy from the forums software makers knows what the problem and fix is, but he seems to have disappeared (finished for the day?). Ho-hum.

Hopefully the issue will get fixed tomorrow.

Apologies again for any inconvenience.

43 minutes ago, John L said:

Still finding it takes ages for the forum pages to load making it almost unusable - sorry. 

that's odd. It's not as speedy as I'd like this website to be, but pages are loading within a few seconds at worst for me. It's a long way from unusable.

I've just done a bit of tweaking to the settings which i hope will improve things a little.

(doing that tweaking would have meant some people got an error, as the system restarted)

Constructive feedback here....seems fine once in a thread but still much slower than normal/previously to load the thread itself....still getting the occasional 'server unresponsive' message too.

Hope that helps 👍

34 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Constructive feedback here....seems fine once in a thread but still much slower than normal/previously to load the thread itself....still getting the occasional 'server unresponsive' message too.

Hope that helps 👍

Thanks.

It's probably the case that the server unresponsive msgs have been caused by stuff I've occasionally done in the background, which causes things to come to a short stop.

Right this second it's running OK again, but 20-ish minutes ago it wasn't so I'm I'm not sure the problem has gone away; I do now know how to lessen the problem when it occurs tho, which helps a bit (until it happens again).

I've just found a few extra things to tweak and that seems to have made a huge difference. Everything is running better than I normally see it now. 

Hopefully it stays that way.

And if it doesn't, hopefully I'll remember what I've done here so that I can do it next time.

On 12/3/2019 at 12:24 PM, John L said:

Still finding it takes ages for the forum pages to load making it almost unusable - sorry. 

Working much much better now. Thanks for fixing.

as it happens the server contract is up for renewal soon, and I can get a better server for just about the same price - so that's what i'm doing.

The new server will have about 50% more processing power, plus SSD 'disks', and should be installed before xmas. :)