Colours of Ostrava 2020

1 hour ago, mln said:

Aren't they like too big for Colours? I know The Cure played last year, but they did only festivals, so it was quite different. Also, like Ferda said, their rumoured schedule doesn't have place for CoO.

I would say they are the same size as The Cure but it all depends on their fee.

And yeah, there's no place for CoO and it seems that Prague is out as well lol.

13 minutes ago, Jancker19 said:

The Killers is about to announce some shows in Eastern Europe this week, so I would say they are very likely

Source? Yeah, they seem like a good fit for Colours. And that would explain the wait as it would be a huge announcement for the festival. 

4 minutes ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

Pearl Jam announced for BST and Rock Werchter  today. Maybe we got a Tuesday announcement because those two wanted rights for first announcement? 

I'd trust @Kusy when it comes to PJ shows:

On 11/30/2019 at 1:05 PM, Kusy said:

No PJ here.

51 minutes ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

Pearl Jam announced for BST and Rock Werchter  today. Maybe we got a Tuesday announcement because those two wanted rights for first announcement? 

They didn't have rights for first announcement. PJ announced whole tour with all festival dates as well. 

41 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

twenty one pilots are about to be announced for electric castle, they have to be a strong possibility for this too. they often share headliners, being in the same weekend usually. 

That'd be utterly terrible :( 

Faith No More are still announcing new dates, also a possibility.

Edited by mln

2 hours ago, mln said:

That'd be utterly terrible :( 

Faith No More are still announcing new dates, also a possibility.

Would love FNM but I would say they're out of budget for them. The Killers + TOP is pretty expensive duo, so I expect someone cheaper to headline the other 2 days. Iggy can be a good shout but I guess they will go for someone more artsy...

Open to surprises though ?

4 minutes ago, Ferda said:

Would love FNM but I would say they're out of budget for them. The Killers + TOP is pretty expensive duo, so I expect someone cheaper to headline the other 2 days. Iggy can be a good shout but I guess they will go for someone more artsy...

Open to surprises though ?

So you think The Killers and TOP are pretty certain? Foals are playing Spain and Portugal on 18th and 19th July, so they could easily play CoO on Wednesday or Thursday. Also, if not The Killers, I think Kings of Leon can be a possibility.

Yeah, I think one of the headliners must be of more mainstream nature. Looking at other festivals' line-ups, it can be Khalid (don't really know how popular he is in Czech Republic) Major Lazer or Martin Garrix (like Kygo in 2018)?

We'll see tmrw/very soon, but my money would be on these two. I would love it personally, so can't complain ? other names I've heard are less appealing to me. KoL would fit but no evidence of them being around in mid July afaik.

I wouldn't bet on 3 really big headliners to be announced, my guess is 2 big ones + 2 medium ones (2019 model) but will see. Tons of acts are around, much more than how it looked few months back. Interesting summer, indeed.

9 minutes ago, Ferda said:

We'll see tmrw/very soon, but my money would be on these two. I would love it personally, so can't complain ? other names I've heard are less appealing to me. KoL would fit but no evidence of them being around in mid July afaik.

I wouldn't bet on 3 really big headliners to be announced, my guess is 2 big ones + 2 medium ones (2019 model) but will see. Tons of acts are around, much more than how it looked few months back. Interesting summer, indeed.

Can you share what you've heard? 

Assuming they will announce a headliner tomorrow, I hope they won't stop with that and give us some names from 2nd and 3rd line in the following days (to be honest, these are the best in Colours :) )