Glasto camper van cost

Harkini2000

£125/£225 dependent on pitch size and it's per van, but all must have a registered festival ticket.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

CAMPERVAN/CARAVAN TICKETS

Campervan tickets for 2020 will cost £125 for a standard pitch or £225 for a large pitch. Further information about booking campervan/caravan tickets will be released, alongside Worthy View accommodation information, later in October.

Please note that demand for campervan tickets is usually very high, so we would recommend booking one as soon as they are released. As with your Festival tickets, campervan tickets are non-transferable and will be printed with the name and address of the booker. Attempts to re-sell them may result in their cancellation. If you book a campervan ticket and later change your mind, refunds are available prior to the ticket refund deadline; subject to an administration charge of £15.

Campervan tickets are only available to general admission ticket holders. It is not possible to purchase a car park or campervan ticket when booking or paying the balance for a coach package.

Campervan tickets will be sent out with your Festival tickets (unless booked after your balance payment).

Only campervans or caravans with fitted sleeping, and washing or cooking facilities will be allowed into the campervan field. Please refer to the CAMPERVAN INFORMATION PAGE for more information about which types of vehicles can use these fields.

Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate campervans in your preferred site, the Festival reserves the right to provide alternative facilities in the event of adverse conditions.

Booking Refund Protection for regular campervan tickets is available at £4 per ticket, or £6.50 for large pitches.

36 minutes ago, Harkini2000 said:

Hi,

what is the cost of a camper van ticket? 

Is it one ticket per van or per person?

It has to be a camper old son.. 

It can't just be a van with a mattress.. It has to have a fixed bed cooker and sink.. 

I'm only putting this up so people will know... Information for everyone.. 

It's £125 a ticket per pitch not person. You can also have an awning and people pitch tents with you. We had a 4 man tent and a small 2 man with us plus awning and our caravan. 5 camped comfortably on the one ticket. 

It is a bit of a trek, more so depending on the field you end up in. You also have to pass in and out. Means you need your ticket with you all the time. They checked mine everytime. 

Long queue to get in on Sunday, legend slot and people doing pack up to their cars. 

Still do it again. For the sleep alone. ?

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

It's £125 a ticket per pitch not person. You can also have an awning and people pitch tents with you. We had a 4 man tent and a small 2 man with us plus awning and our caravan. 5 camped comfortably on the one ticket. 

It is a bit of a trek, more so depending on the field you end up in. You also have to pass in and out. Means you need your ticket with you all the time. They checked mine everytime. 

Long queue to get in on Sunday, legend slot and people doing pack up to their cars. 

Still do it again. For the sleep alone. ?

Whats a bit of a trek?  My first time, and really struggling trying to work out my options as to where to stay.

4 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Whats a bit of a trek?  My first time, and really struggling trying to work out my options as to where to stay.

Depending on where you end up in East it can be up to an hour to get on site. 

I'm reasonably fit, like walking and fully able to walk miles each day but it's enough of a faff to make me only want to do it once each day - though that's largely based on the whole pass in pass out business and queuing for entry/exit. 

Edited by semmtexx

2 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

I'm reasonably fit, like walking and fully able to walk miles each day but it's enough of a faff to make me only want to do it once each day - though that's largely based on the whole pass in pass out business and queuing for entry/exit. 

I am also bringing my 9 year old - I'll end up having to carry him back at that rate ?  Oh dear - really didn't think it would have been that bad.

I have been checking out camper van rental costs etc - might have to look at other options now.  Thanks for the info - it all helps :)

Having said that I like the campervan and the idea of carrying all my stuff on site fills me with dread!! Plus it's a bit quieter at night in the camper so catching up on sleep is good. 

You might get lucky where you pitch and have a 30 min walk. Thing is the whole site is massive. You need to expect to walk miles everyday anyhow. 

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

That's no good - from what I hear there is a lot of walking within the site, so can't be doing with an hour to get in and an hour later to get back. Might have to rethink that one ?

Don't worry. You'll be fine. I suffer from chronic pain and fatigue and i went back to the van twice a day this year. ( It was quicker than queueing at lock ups by gate c) cos we could grab cold drinks etc. So if I can manage you'll be grand. 

It's more the time of site for most. I decided to take it easy so it's all down to your personal priorities. 

Took about 15 mins from gate c at a leisurely pace. Only problem was the queue on Sunday. 

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

I am also bringing my 9 year old - I'll end up having to carry him back at that rate ?  Oh dear - really didn't think it would have been that bad.

I have been checking out camper van rental costs etc - might have to look at other options now.  Thanks for the info - it all helps :)

Ah you'll be grand, once you get up the hill of mild inconvenience then it's flat with paths most of the way. Really depends on the field you get. You probably want to go for quiet/family which is closer to the gate

Just now, circus92 said:

Ah - doesn't sound as bad now.  Sigh of relief.

We had pals camp with us and we all normally camp in Paines. So first year in CV fields and we'd all do it again. Everywhere is a trek but it's roomy and quiet and having the van facilities is just a game changer. Just being able to lie in bed and open all the windows and have a cool breeze was worth it alone second sleeps. 

8 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Don't worry. You'll be fine. I suffer from chronic pain and fatigue and i went back to the van twice a day this year. ( It was quicker than queueing at lock ups by gate c) cos we could grab cold drinks etc. So if I can manage you'll be grand. 

It's more the time of site for most. I decided to take it easy so it's all down to your personal priorities. 

Took about 15 mins from gate c at a leisurely pace. Only problem was the queue on Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Ah you'll be grand, once you get up the hill of mild inconvenience then it's flat with paths most of the way. Really depends on the field you get. You probably want to go for quiet/family which is closer to the gate

Thanks for the reassurance :)

We are coming from Belfast as a family of 4 (kids 14 and 9) and hiring a campervan and driving over seems like the only sensible option so really want that to work.  The idea of getting all our stuff over on a plane and finding a way to site sounds really difficult, so campervan was my preferred option.

You mention quiet/ family - is that a thing?

4 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Thanks for the reassurance :)

We are coming from Belfast as a family of 4 (kids 14 and 9) and hiring a campervan and driving over seems like the only sensible option so really want that to work.  The idea of getting all our stuff over on a plane and finding a way to site sounds really difficult, so campervan was my preferred option.

You mention quiet/ family - is that a thing?

I used to travel from Ireland meself but live in the UK now. So understand your concern. In your case I would do the same or opt for worthy view

If you go for east and I'm sure West has the same but not sure. Someone will clear it up. Yes there are two tickets available for CV east. It used to be called family but is now called quiet. So they obviously sell out quicker as they're closer to the gate to get onsite. 

Edited by H.M.V

Yes family quiet is a thing, you select it when you buy the camper van ticket. I think campervan and drive over with children is a reasonable plan. Check out the Glastonbury map for the scale of the site. It's massive! I give myself an hour to get from campervan to pyramid if I want to get in to see someone. 

The lock ups are really handy.  There is one just by gate c (the gate you use to go in and out of the site for camper vans) where you can leave stuff for easy access. You can leave pretty much anything, such as clothes, buggy for children, beers etc. Means you can store stuff half way. Works well.