Volunteering

SweedeP

2 hours ago, SweedeP said:

Hi guys!

Totally destroyed since sunday. No one of me or my 20 friends got a ticket.

A question. If I decide to volunteer, is it still possible to try for the resale or do you use your registration details for volunteering?

Thanks!

When you volunteer most organisations take a deposit equal to the ticket price. You would have to stump up for a punters ticket as well in this scenario. Your deposit may not be refunded for a few months when you cancel. 

But the answer is no. There is nothing to stop you registering to work and buying a ticket. 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 8:58 PM, Neil said:

A guy I know just picked up a stewarding place with a ticket as a volunteer steward, via a local school, so places are still out there. 

Wow! Didn’t know the schools sorted stewarding roles. Do you know of any others that might still be available? My friend missed out 😞

3 minutes ago, Alexgraceperry said:

Wow! Didn’t know the schools sorted stewarding roles. Do you know of any others that might still be available? My friend missed out 😞

Most of the "inside the fence" stewarding (venues, campsite crews, etc) is done by dozens (maybe hundreds) of groups selected from the local area - PTAs, Carnival Clubs, Sports Teams, and various other community groups who are doing it to raise money for their cause.

As a general rule of thumb, these groups don't usually recruit volunteers from the public - it tends to be their own members or people known to them - so if you know someone involved in one of the above it's worth asking, otherwise it's not likely to be a route in.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Most of the "inside the fence" stewarding (venues, campsite crews, etc) is done by dozens (maybe hundreds) of groups selected from the local area - PTAs, Carnival Clubs, Sports Teams, and various other community groups who are doing it to raise money for their cause.

As a general rule of thumb, these groups don't usually recruit volunteers from the public - it tends to be their own members or people known to them - so if you know someone involved in one of the above it's worth asking, otherwise it's not likely to be a route in.

Thank you! If anyone does know of any spaces then I’d be so grateful if you could please let me know 🙂 x