Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

14 hours ago, Redcoat-Mic said:

I don't know why I got my hopes up again after those dates were posted.

Radio silence since. Messaged FIB and Music Republic on social media but just no reply at all. You'd think if it was going ahead they'd at least say they're trying to sort something and will update people either way.

Cant imagine we'll hear anything now until at least the end of January. They'll probably want to see how the vaccine roll out goes in both Spain and the UK before making any announcements. 

When they do make an announcement though i'm expecting it to be the majority of the lineup. Most of us have usually booked up by now so leaving it until the new year to start dripping through announcements may be too late. 

An announcement on the dates followed by all 4 headliners and the majority of the undercard a week or so later is my guess.

The problem for international festival goers will be flights and accommodation, flights may be a bastard come the summer and it’s not easy to find cheap accommodation in benicassim, well within walking distance. And I know a few people who get the buses, they enjoy it but I can’t say it’ll be for me, clock watching all nice in fear of missing the last bus. I understand it’s confusing and hard times but they could have at least gave us something 😂 to not even confirm the dates on FIB social media is the biggest question mark for me

Exactly. I can understand them not knowing 100% if it can go ahead but the complete absence of any communication is really poor.

Just some random image on the owning companies Instagram story (not the festival's social media or website) stating the dates.

They really need to just say what their intentions are but say obviously nothing is set in stone yet until we see what it's like closer to the time. Just ignoring everything for the last half a year has really done them some serious reputational damage.

Edited by Redcoat-Mic
Spacing

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

A mate of mine who I’ve been to beni with for the last few years drunkenly snapped over Christmas and booked the dreaded mad cool. A ballsy move I think but I can’t believe how there’s still been absolutely nothing 😂

Besides the lineup, nothing competes with Beni. I’ve never been a bigger shit-show in my life than Mad Cool festival, especially in terms of the logistics for it; 4 hour queues to get into arena, 2 hour queues for drinks and no means of getting home at the end of the night. 

I reckon we will have some news on Beni within the next two weeks, or if not definitely before February. If we haven’t heard anything by then, then I think it’s safe to assume no Beni for 2021 😔

14 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Besides the lineup, nothing competes with Beni. I’ve never been a bigger shit-show in my life than Mad Cool festival, especially in terms of the logistics for it; 4 hour queues to get into arena, 2 hour queues for drinks and no means of getting home at the end of the night. 

I reckon we will have some news on Beni within the next two weeks, or if not definitely before February. If we haven’t heard anything by then, then I think it’s safe to assume no Beni for 2021 😔

I’d go as far as saying if it doesn’t happen this year then it’s finished.

Hotel Orange taking bookings again for anyone wondering but no free cancellations* unfortunately.

* = pay at the property 

Edited by Jonesy1

1 hour ago, Jonesy1 said:

Hotel Orange taking bookings again for anyone wondering but no free cancellations* unfortunately.

* = pay at the property 

You'd be mad to book that solely for the festival. I can almost guarantee there won't be a festival on next year. Spoke to a chap in the festival world a couple days about the beni/corona drama. Promoters are saying yes because they need £££ to survive this year and into next, but as soon as the deadline comes they'll be approaching insurers and us lot will be waiting for refunds we won't get. Definitely not ruling out going abroad next year but where festivals are concerned it's definitely a no. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

Possibly under the current management, but I doubt the FIB brand would be finished.

FIB is one of the longest running festivals in Spain - and Europe - and I can’t see any promoter passing off the opportunity to purchase the name if it was to become available. 

On 1/2/2021 at 10:37 AM, TheFullShaboo said:

Yeah I don’t think I’d entertain the idea of mad cool, I have a friend who went nos alive in Portugal I think if I was to risk a booking it would be there. But unfortunately I can’t see there being any news coming other than bad news for beni 

18 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

* = pay at the property 

The website keeps crashing for me, how much are the prices? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Apparently some consideration going into hosting a low capacity festival, minimum of 5,000 attendees to ensure it's profitable, max 10,000.

Testing at the arena for unvaccinated, looks like tables and terraces at stages being considered.

https://www.elperiodicomediterraneo.com/noticias/comarcas/festivales-planifican-eventos-aforos-reducidos-volver-ano-benicassim_1339674.html

14 hours ago, Redcoat-Mic said:

Apparently some consideration going into hosting a low capacity festival, minimum of 5,000 attendees to ensure it's profitable, max 10,000.

Testing at the arena for unvaccinated, looks like tables and terraces at stages being considered.

https://www.elperiodicomediterraneo.com/noticias/comarcas/festivales-planifican-eventos-aforos-reducidos-volver-ano-benicassim_1339674.html

Well they have the space to do this so it makes sense - probably one of the easier festivals to do this for 

4 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Presuming what they’re promoting on their Instagram story is the socially distanced festival? Noticed it’ll be going under a different name

It says national acts so maybe this was a year vetusa morla could have headlined 😂 I can’t see there being any big international names. Hopefully regardless of what it is they have a successful year and it keeps the place up and running for future years. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone 😄

It's been a while since anyone has replied, so I wanted to get your thoughts on next year!

1. Can you see FIB going ahead next year?
  2. How do you think Covid-19 and their financial situation will affect the festival?
  3. Do you think FIB will come back stronger than before (compared with the 2019 line-up)?
  4. How have the overdue refunds and FIB's radio silence affected the festival's reputation?
  5. When would you expect to hear some news about 2022?
  6. What are you most looking forward to if it does comes back?!

15 minutes ago, SeshHead said:

Hi everyone 😄

It's been a while since anyone has replied, so I wanted to get your thoughts on next year!

1. Can you see FIB going ahead next year?
  2. How do you think Covid-19 and their financial situation will affect the festival?
  3. Do you think FIB will come back stronger than before (compared with the 2019 line-up)?
  4. How have the overdue refunds and FIB's radio silence affected the festival's reputation?
  5. When would you expect to hear some news about 2022?
  6. What are you most looking forward to if it does comes back?!

1. Hopefully, if they're not bankrupt. But I'd expect some organisation to want to take it up (depending on Covid situation at the time).

2/4 - Current company don't really seem arsed, which isn't a good start as they've not hosted one yet. Every other festival seems to have been really open in what's going on, Benicassim was never even properly announced, just some very hidden marketing and because it was never announced properly, never properly cancelled. Really shit response and does make me worry about how they're going to run the festival as they don't seem to give a toss. But it won't stop me going, 2019 was a low point but the festival for me is almost of side issue, it's a beach holiday with my pals and just sitting around drinking listening to music and campsite is great as it is.

3. I'm expecting a crap line up due to money, but I'd be happy with the same lineup as 2020. 

5. If everything is going to plan with Covid, probably around Autumn time like normal years. 

6. Nothing beats Benicassim's half holiday/half festival feel. Curing your hangover with a freezing shower and a day on the beach, sitting around with your mates playing cards and listening to music until there's actually an act you want to see or hanging around at the DJ tents or South Sea. Can't wait to go back. 

• Like 1