Money money money

marcwilson87

Hi,

Friend has just text me asking if 'everywhere' is contactless this year as he is planning on just taking a bank card. I didnt get a ticket in 2017 so not sure what it was like then. I told him I assume everywhere takes card but thought I'd also ask you lovely people.

Probably most places will, but it's really unlikely to be everywhere - and even the places that do will mostly be relying on data over a mobile network for it to work which can and does cause problems at festivals.

I'll be using contactless as the default option where possible, using a relatively disposable app based bank account and topping up as desired from my main account, but I'd be nowhere near brave enough to skip taking cash entirely. Take some, put most of it in a lockup, and that way you're covered if you need it. Or accept that he's going to need to queue / pay a fee to use cash machines on site.

16 minutes ago, incident said:

Probably most places will, but it's really unlikely to be everywhere - and even the places that do will mostly be relying on data over a mobile network for it to work which can and does cause problems at festivals.

I'll be using contactless as the default option where possible, using a relatively disposable app based bank account and topping up as desired from my main account, but I'd be nowhere near brave enough to skip taking cash entirely. Take some, put most of it in a lockup, and that way you're covered if you need it. Or accept that he's going to need to queue / pay a fee to use cash machines on site.

That is basically my position. I'll just tell him to take some cash and a wallet

7 hours ago, marcwilson87 said:

Hi,

Friend has just text me asking if 'everywhere' is contactless this year as he is planning on just taking a bank card. I didnt get a ticket in 2017 so not sure what it was like then. I told him I assume everywhere takes card but thought I'd also ask you lovely people.

I would take cash and card - traders have issues with signal for cards, merchandise stall only took cash and cash machines charge. I leave most cash at lock ups and get some out each day. Not sure how reliable contactless will be. 

23 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Sadly I doubt it's not that far off guy.

Well I've been chatting to the wife and we've agreed that if we are lucky enough to get tickets for next year we're going to call it a day.... I know glastonbury is not just about the music but I love the music and feel that the bands that I would like to see play will either be dead or just won't get chosen for the festival... Not just pj.. 

Also as you said its becoming something else,,, something for a new generation maybe I don't know but something definitely was strange this year.. Ticket wise.. Nearly every large group that usually gets x amount of tickets didn't get any or in our case 8..out of 45plus.. 

You want your friends with you for the experience as well,, its something that makes your festival.. Anyway technology is moving so fast in two years instead of the silent disco there be a whole field of music with vr headsets and things like that lololol 

Go the youngsters init