Lager, lager lager!

dingbat2

Last time there was a tent (I can't remember where - I vaguely remember it being near the Elrow tent?) that sold 'craft' cans from a Swedish brewery - they had a few options but the tastiest was Bee 17. 

Not sure if they'll be back but they were decently priced (although they only served 330ml cans!)

58 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Fosters is terrible, Carling slightly better but probably not.

But it's nonsense to think that lager isn't good because it's mass produced and that only a hipster brewing in his garage can make something better. If that were the case then the big brewers would just change the recipe. It's just marketing innit. Stick the word "craft" on it and the beer w*nkers will be all over it.

Personally, my favourite supermarket beer is Asahi, but recently I've been enjoying Birra Moretti which I think it just made by one of the big breweries owned by megacorp but still tastes really good.

Pretty much all pale lagers taste the same. The only time (for me, at least) that lagers get interesting are the more amber lagers, or bocks. But I am probably getting too 'beer w*nker' for you now. right?

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

On the subject of lager are there any decent craft lager bars on site? Had a pint from the craft bar at APE that was much, much nicer than the usual slop they serve at most festivals.

The bar in the Circus field was definitely the best i found for craft/American ipa type lagers. Spent a bit of time in there on the Saturday and from what i remember they had Brooklyn Lager, Brooklyn Scorcher IPA and Brooklyn Summer Ale on tap (plus a few others maybe). They also sold a few cans in the fridge including East IPA. I don't think the price was any different to the Carlsberg being sold everywhere else either.

4 hours ago, majormajormajor said:

Pretty much all pale lagers taste the same. The only time (for me, at least) that lagers get interesting are the more amber lagers, or bocks. But I am probably getting too 'beer w*nker' for you now. right?

Not sure, have you ever described a beer as having "notes" of something that isn't actually in the beer?

8 hours ago, richy24 said:

The bar in the Circus field was definitely the best i found for craft/American ipa type lagers. Spent a bit of time in there on the Saturday and from what i remember they had Brooklyn Lager, Brooklyn Scorcher IPA and Brooklyn Summer Ale on tap (plus a few others maybe). They also sold a few cans in the fridge including East IPA. I don't think the price was any different to the Carlsberg being sold everywhere else either.

Scorcher went down very nicely and was aptly names for the weather in 2017.