Help for festival goers with illnesses?

Lupaalice

Hi there, I realise this is probably a long-shot, but I am taking my Dad to Glastonbury because it has been a dream of his for many years and we finally got tickets for 2019. Unfortunately he has been diagnosed with bone cancer and his mobility is greatly affected. He still wants to go to the festival and I really want him to have an enjoyable and as comfortable time as possible. Does anyone know who I could speak to re: provision of a more comfortable area for him to sit/stand when watching the acts? The only act he is desperate to see is the Killers so if I could get him a comfortable seat to sit on or something without others bumping into him would be brilliant. Any advice appreciated please ?

1 hour ago, freakifrank said:

Contact the access team they are fantastic.

You have missed their deadline for applications but they are good and given the circumstances will probably be able to help you with access to lots of useful facilities

Screenshot_20190527-103948.png

Yes, please contact them. A recent diagnosis is a very valid reason for missing the deadline and I am sure they will try to help. It will give you access to platformed viewing areas at all the big stages, access to toilets close to main stages, so he doesn't have to walk far, access to the closest car parks to the festival and to the access camping area, as well as buggy lifts across certain areas of the festival site and from the car park. It will help make his - and your - experience as positive and relaxing as it can be. Wishing you well and hoping you have the time of your lives together 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just confirming what others have already advised: email Accessibility@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk 

If you have a medical report, consider including it.

If you think it would help, let me know and I'll forward the access registration pack they sent me a few months ago.

As @freakifrank and  @ravermum said, you missed the deadline but I'm confident the Accessibility Team will do their best to help you. 

Just so you know, they also had pre-pitched tents in the accessible camp (Spring Ground), in case you'd like to enquire about that.

There are accessible toilets and showers in that camping ground, along with some facilities to keep meds refrigerated and charging or connecting medical equipment if needed.
All the best, and a lot of love and strength to your dad, you and the rest of your family. 

________

Please find details for the pre-erected tents available in the accessible campsite below. Please note the price is for the tent only, they do not come with any sort of bedding/ bed etc. Numbers are limited so please let us know as soon as possible if you would like to book one.

2 Person Classic Scout Tent - £295

Dimensions = 2.75m x 2.7m x 1.8m tall. The sleeping compartment at its shortest is 2.3m x 1.9m. At its longest it is 2.3m x 2.4m

unnamed (11)

4 Person Classic Scout Style Tent - £575

Dimensions = 4.6m x 3.3m x 1.9m tall. The sleeping compartment at its shortest is 2.8m x 2m. At its longest is 2.8m x 2.75m. The 4 person model includes a retractable partition screen to enable festival goers to choose between sharing one large bedroom (2.8m x 2.75m) or two double bedrooms (2m x 1.4m each)

unnamed (9)