T minus & counting 2019

OG

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Yeah, with a chaotic/edgy element (without anything scarey). For that side of things it's more like Glastonbury was than Glastonbury is.

The whole thing is like a *much* bigger version of Glasto's naughty corner (with added free-party ravey stuff), but where there's meaningful life for 18 hours a day instead of just 6 at Glasto.

It's the perfect place for a full-on party weekend, and quite a spectacle so just about anyone could enjoy once even if the music isn't too much of their thing.

Thanks for the info Neil. It's just what I wanted to hear. I had a look on their website and the place looks amazing with so many areas to explore and have fun at. So, I've gone and done it - I've just bought me and my wife a couple of tickets, and a campervan ticket. That's a big bundle of cash that is. Now, the next problem that I face is actually telling my wife what I've done, as she is, currently, none the wiser about my purchase. I also know that she'll not even have heard of BoomTown. before. This could be interesting. lol

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Morphined up.. What number are we up or down too old sons... 

Hope that the morphine is doing it's trick for you, old son. My wife ran out of her pain killers last night and was in great pain all night, which kind of broke my heart. I managed to get to the doctors this morning and get her a new supply, so all is well again. Hope you aren't in pain guy, and just zonked out with the morphine. 

As an aside - I tried a high dose morphine patch once, just for the craic. Didn't do sweet FA for me, which was a disappointment at the time, but on reflection was probably all for the good. I really don't need to add another type of drug to the collection that I occasionally pick from and consume.

32 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hope that the morphine is doing it's trick for you, old son. My wife ran out of her pain killers last night and was in great pain all night, which kind of broke my heart. I managed to get to the doctors this morning and get her a new supply, so all is well again. Hope you aren't in pain guy, and just zonked out with the morphine. 

As an aside - I tried a high dose morphine patch once, just for the craic. Didn't do sweet FA for me, which was a disappointment at the time, but on reflection was probably all for the good. I really don't need to add another type of drug to the collection that I occasionally pick from and consume.

Not zonked but pain reduced but wifey won't let me do more..... I see the chronic pain clinic lady tomo gonna try sorting out tablets again.. 

So Ive been doing them my way for over 10 years now but this lady is going to tweek them so let's say I take 2 tramadol at such a time and ibuprofen and cocodamal at another AND gabapentine at another she's going to see if she can get it so that they all sort of flow so there working continually as to me taking them when I feel it..

And that's just the pain killers.. I also take 4 others for other shit lol

If that makes sense great......... So

Basically she's like the pill queen and I have waited near on a year to see her. I've just done two weeks on a different method shall we say but it's not helping so tomorrow I'll probably be on another method and it'll be like that till we find one that is the best. 

Anyway Wot number was it lol. 

Peace and cider. G

56 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Not zonked but pain reduced but wifey won't let me do more..... I see the chronic pain clinic lady tomo gonna try sorting out tablets again.. 

So Ive been doing them my way for over 10 years now but this lady is going to tweek them so let's say I take 2 tramadol at such a time and ibuprofen and cocodamal at another AND gabapentine at another she's going to see if she can get it so that they all sort of flow so there working continually as to me taking them when I feel it..

And that's just the pain killers.. I also take 4 others for other shit lol

If that makes sense great......... So

Basically she's like the pill queen and I have waited near on a year to see her. I've just done two weeks on a different method shall we say but it's not helping so tomorrow I'll probably be on another method and it'll be like that till we find one that is the best. 

Anyway Wot number was it lol. 

Peace and cider. G

Hello guy,

I hope that your visit to the pain clinic is a successful one. I would think that a method of continual flow is the way to go. The old 'attack it, before it attacks you, concept.

Yeah, trying to medicate in other ways is a tricky one. I've done it myself before, and I've just ended up on the lash for longer than I would be normally. And that just ends in not getting things done, feeling guilty about not getting things done, taking more 'stuff' because you don't want to feel that way, and so the process continues. Party chemicals etc should, on the whole, be kept as party chemicals. That said, I've heard that some people will various 'mental' ailments are now daily micro dosing LSD, and that it's working for them. I am only getting positive information on this, but would and will look in to it further - out of professional interest. lol

Anyway folks reading this - you need to know that guy is a star. Can't tell you why, but take it from me, he is. :)

As you are probably aware, I don't really 'do' war stuff, and certainly don't post it on here. However, before looking up numbers, I thought to myself is there any famous connections with 600 that you can remember? This immediately sprung to mind (see below), and it also occurred to me that I really have no choice other than to post it;

Image result for into the valley + 600

Now here come some facts;

Image result for into the valley + 600

"The Russians thought they were drunk" I don't know anything of that battle other than the name but guess some idiot in power sent them forward irrespective of the facts!

Because Mr Freak hates cars - 

Vintage%20600%20Crash%203.jpg

Edited by whisty

11 hours ago, whisty said:

"The Russians thought they were drunk" I don't know anything of that battle other than the name but guess some idiot in power sent them forward irrespective of the facts!

It deeply affects me too whisty, but had an feeling / urge that I should post that one, even though it's against everything I value. 

Not sure if you saw this earlier this week, but if you haven't and can find some way of watching it, then I would recommend watching it (see below). If you ever needed to know how stupid war is and people are then this is the Ace card in the pack - of Truth - in my opinion;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09d9cdp

I have no shame in admitting that during one scene of warfare, I turned in to, or accepted maybe, the little boy that I am, and cried my heart out with fear - and shame. Fear, because I was witnessing true insanity in that warfare. An example that would be judged, by any other sentient being other than human, as being something which was truly the actions of the insane. And shame? Shame because I don't do anything about it. I ignore it and pretend it's not going on. The ostrich approach is all very good, but one day, I suspect, that the minute I put my head in the sand, someone's going to walk up (get how casual they are) and ride me from behind and 'learn' me a lesson (No. Not teach. Learn).

22 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

As you may know we salute our brothers, fathers and grandparents that fought in the wars to keep us free, especially now so near to remembrance day.. 

I hope you all got poppies.. 

HistoryWWII1941-43 28 Daily Mirror El Alamein.jpg

download.jpeg

Hello guy,

I don't really have a problem with some people / countries that are being invaded fighting back. I do have a problem with some types of invaders. That said, it's not as clear cut as that, in real life, is it? What are people fighting for? Democracy? True democracy doesn't, or at least, hasn't yet existed, to my minds eye. Then there's the situation with 'male' democracy - in terms of the ability to have an effective vote. My wife. quite rightly, constantly reminds me of the persecution and suppression of women's rights in other countries. That that is still alive and well today is mesmerizing. She loathes a society or religion that restricts women, and, logically, she has hit the nail right on the head. If we can't be at harmony between the sexes, what chance have we got in all the other avenues of life?

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello guy,

I don't really have a problem with some people / countries that are being invaded fighting back. I do have a problem with some types of invaders. That said, it's not as clear cut as that, in real life, is it? What are people fighting for? Democracy? True democracy doesn't, or at least, hasn't yet existed, to my minds eye. Then there's the situation with 'male' democracy - in terms of the ability to have an effective vote. My wife. quite rightly, constantly reminds me of the persecution and suppression of women's rights in other countries. That that is still alive and well today is mesmerizing. She loathes a society or religion that restricts women, and, logically, she has hit the nail right on the head. If we can't be at harmony between the sexes, what chance have we got in all the other avenues of life?

Old son..... It was just posted in jest as I took yours to be lol... I'm really a light hearted person who makes fun and doesn't mind being made fun of.. 

Happy Sunday old son. 

Whisty old son didn't we have a good laugh at Glastonbury this year........... :blink:

9 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Whisty old son didn't we have a good laugh at Glastonbury this year........... :blink:

Yes your pal Mark is great fun :wink:

At Oneye, most of the time when  I sit at the PC I have a pair of those over my ears .

8723190.jpg

Edited by whisty
  • Upvote 1

Morning old sons.. Lovely day out there.. Not at lot of sleep last two nights due to a freaked out dog... Vedder... but hopefully that's all the bangs done.. Had a towel with ear phones on his head listening to the national last night.. He doesn't like listening to Eddie vedder the Wierdo dog.. 

Anyway number is 597