2017 Any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

So a day before we were due to buy our tickets at the re-sale tomorrow, the friend i was going with has pulled out.

In two minds whether or not to go now but think i may go solo, 50% of my time at previous festivals i have been solo anyways going to see bands no one else wanted to so i am not too fussed about that part. Only daut

Anyone else been solo? If so what was your general experience?

Additionally it now means i can go on the thursday? Looking to arrive around 2ish? What is the general busyness around that time?

Edited by sheebazz

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, sheebazz said:

So a day before we were due to buy our tickets at the re-sale tomorrow, the friend i was going with has pulled out.

In two minds whether or not to go now but think i may go solo, 50% of my time at previous festivals i have been solo anyways going to see bands no one else wanted to so i am not too fussed about that part. Only daut

Anyone else been solo? If so what was your general experience?

Additionally it now means i can go on the thursday? Looking to arrive around 2ish? What is the general busyness around that time?

Very friendly festival and plenty going on to keep you busy. Go for it :-)

Will be busy at that time on Thursday but they always try new ways to get everyone in quick. Last year was fine, year befynot so fine getting in.

The car park for emperor close to emperor as usual .

there was a change last year though that a search entry point was added and the carpark was fenced , emperor was split into sections  Party up all night section and so on and the family quite area was in the field with the tipi and luxury stuff . Depending on which field you go on no more than 5 mins walk but remember security is far higher now and all get searched on entry to camping .

Im hoping to get emporers tickets in the resale today. Does anyone know the price? last time i came it was 27.50. Also, is it 1 ticket per person? I'm buying them for the whole group so won't be able to do it if its a case of linking the ticket to your weekend ticket. thanks in advance

Hi. It's our first time at Kendal Calling this year. We've got a pre-pitched tent at Deer Lodge because carting loads of stuff any distance is a problem for us. Can anybody give me an idea of how far the car parking will be from the pre-pitched tent area is please and will we be able to access the car during the weekend and bring stuff in bit by bit? If you see two old gits wandering around looking lost and pissed it'll probably be us! Also, when will the stage times be posted? 

Good luck with that one mate, If you'd posted last night I would have told you to buy one in this morning's resale. This late on you'll probably have to buy from stubhub, viagogo or somewhere like that but it'll probably cost you a bit 

Depends what sort of music you're after, The calling out turns in to an indie disco type thing which is rammed, house party and dance tent on till about 3am as is chai wallahs and riot jazz which cater for jazz, ska that sort of stuff.

Booze wise, Strongbow and kracken both have stands there this year so they'll have a big presence. If you look at the bottom of the website it'll list all the sponsors

3 hours ago, ramragon said:

Depends what sort of music you're after, The calling out turns in to an indie disco type thing which is rammed, house party and dance tent on till about 3am as is chai wallahs and riot jazz which cater for jazz, ska that sort of stuff.

Booze wise, Strongbow and kracken both have stands there this year so they'll have a big presence. If you look at the bottom of the website it'll list all the sponsors

Noticed the Amstel logo on the website. 

Its cheap at Morrisons. Might do some research later as not sure I've ever tried it.