Wednesday night

CarysLilly

Hello! 

Last year on the Wednesday there was a sort of secret silent disco in the chameleon bar, itt was so much fun, such a laugh!

Wondering if anyone has heard of anything similar for the Wednesday night this year?Or have any recommendation for an area/bar/opening night that they've done & enjoyed on the Wednesday night?

7 sleeps people!! Too excited! 

17 minutes ago, CarysLilly said:

Hello! 

Last year on the Wednesday there was a sort of secret silent disco in the chameleon bar, itt was so much fun, such a laugh!

Was that the Absolute Power (power ballads) vs Propaganda DJs one? We've done it the last two years and had a bloody great time in there!

38 minutes ago, dj matt james said:

Hello - I am djing twice on wednesday night.

5-7pm at the ridge and furrow playing funk, soul and breaks

8-10pm at the theatre bar playing northern soul and motown

Oh funk and soul you say...  What kind of thing? 

was trying to find out if anywhere played that ! 

3 hours ago, JoeyMester said:

Was that the Absolute Power (power ballads) vs Propaganda DJs one? We've done it the last two years and had a bloody great time in there!

Yeh that's the one, it was so good! Was it at chameleon bar the year before last too? 

3 hours ago, dj matt james said:

Hello - I am djing twice on wednesday night.

5-7pm at the ridge and furrow playing funk, soul and breaks

8-10pm at the theatre bar playing northern soul and motown

Good to know, thanks!

2 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

I was thinking of checking out the Copperdollar show - anyone seen it before? Any good?

Haven't been to the opening show before,  but have been to a few of their shows over the years at Glasto! It's one of my fave places, really cool little place with good music and love the staff/cast(?!) Make sure you get involved when it gets going, so much fun! 

19 minutes ago, CarysLilly said:

Yeh that's the one, it was so good! Was it at chameleon bar the year before last too? 

Good to know, thanks!

Haven't been to the opening show before,  but have been to a few of their shows over the years at Glasto! It's one of my fave places, really cool little place with good music and love the staff/cast(?!) Make sure you get involved when it gets going, so much fun! 

Ah sounds great. I'm intrigued to know what getting involved, involves?!

16 hours ago, CarysLilly said:

Yeah it was, sadly it's not on Ultimate Power's listings for this year so I presume that's it finished with at Glastonbury. Big shame. I loved how it confused the hell out of some people who didn't realise it wasn't just indie songs. Last year I was a bit behind my mates who were inside as I needed something to eat. I sat down outside the bar and Don't Look Back In Anger came on, so obviously cue the raucous singing during the chorus. This caused about thirty people to rush to the bar to try and get inside. I thought I wasn't going to get in for ages, then as Don't Look Back in Anger was coming to an end, it was drowned out by Let It Go off Frozen. Practically all the people who had ran to get in just quickly moved on!

35 minutes ago, JoeyMester said:

Yeah it was, sadly it's not on Ultimate Power's listings for this year so I presume that's it finished with at Glastonbury. Big shame. I loved how it confused the hell out of some people who didn't realise it wasn't just indie songs. Last year I was a bit behind my mates who were inside as I needed something to eat. I sat down outside the bar and Don't Look Back In Anger came on, so obviously cue the raucous singing during the chorus. This caused about thirty people to rush to the bar to try and get inside. I thought I wasn't going to get in for ages, then as Don't Look Back in Anger was coming to an end, it was drowned out by Let It Go off Frozen. Practically all the people who had ran to get in just quickly moved on!

Ultimate Power are back at Glastonbury this year though, Williams Green 16.30-19.00 on thursday!

On 6/14/2016 at 5:06 PM, loulouboo said:

Oh funk and soul you say...  What kind of thing? 

was trying to find out if anywhere played that ! 

I am playing more traditional breaks funk and soul at the ridge and furrow at 5pm - then playing more uptempo northern soul and motown at the theatre bar from 8pm (both on wednesday)

Just now, djdavejohnson said:

You're the second person to mention the secret shed. I want to know and don't want to know, if you know what I mean!

I could tell you but dont want to spoil the suprise , just go in the garden and be observant you will find the entrance eventually :)