Worthy View Queues

stevebristol

I'm staying at Worth View for the first time this year. We'll be arrive for 8am on Wednesday what length of queue should I expect at that time - Hours or Minutes?

I'm staying in a sount tent so I should already have been assigned my tent number prior to arrival.

Cheers!

Edited by stevebristol

39 minutes ago, stevebristol said:

I'm staying at Worth View for the first time this year. We'll be arrive for 8am on Wednesday what length of queue should I expect at that time - Hours or Minutes?

I'm staying in a sount tent so I should already have been assigned my tent number prior to arrival.

Cheers!

Definitely minutes, and that will only be taken up by the stewards checking your tickets and luggage etc. Got there at 8am the previous two years and been a breeze getting through. It was faster again last year as they pre-allocate scout tents now (you got allocated on arrival in 2014)

2 hours ago, Smash1984 said:

Definitely minutes, and that will only be taken up by the stewards checking your tickets and luggage etc. Got there at 8am the previous two years and been a breeze getting through. It was faster again last year as they pre-allocate scout tents now (you got allocated on arrival in 2014)

Hi, I'm staying in WV and have heard there's wheelbarrows about to move stuff. Magical. Are they easy to get?

A friend at work had booked two scout tents so I've taken one, the more I'm learning the more I think this is the best idea ever :D

14 minutes ago, Becks12 said:

Hi, I'm staying in WV and have heard there's wheelbarrows about to move stuff. Magical. Are they easy to get?

A friend at work had booked two scout tents so I've taken one, the more I'm learning the more I think this is the best idea ever :D

There are stewards that will help you once inside if you're struggling but can't remember if they had wheelbarrows or not. Once the car is parked I have a beer in hand :)

I personally really enjoy it. It doesn't go down so well with a lot of people on here but each to their own and all that. If I can give you one bit of advice it would be to pack for the day as you really don't want to go back more than once (when you're going back to sleep) and keep a rucksack with waterproofs/spare/money/any valuables in the property lockup which is just inside the main area once inside the fence

Edited by Smash1984

There are people who take your stuff to your tent in a wheelbarrow if you want them to, I suppose it depends on how busy it is when you arrive and if there is anyone available... I've never used it myself as its so easy to go back to your car for anything you can't manage on the first trip... enjoy your stay, the only downside is the walk up that bloody hill!

2 hours ago, Smash1984 said:

There are stewards that will help you once inside if you're struggling but can't remember if they had wheelbarrows or not. Once the car is parked I have a beer in hand :)

I personally really enjoy it. It doesn't go down so well with a lot of people on here but each to their own and all that. If I can give you one bit of advice it would be to pack for the day as you really don't want to go back more than once (when you're going back to sleep) and keep a rucksack with waterproofs/spare/money/any valuables in the property lockup which is just inside the main area once inside the fence

7 minutes ago, Jules62 said:

There are people who take your stuff to your tent in a wheelbarrow if you want them to, I suppose it depends on how busy it is when you arrive and if there is anyone available... I've never used it myself as its so easy to go back to your car for anything you can't manage on the first trip... enjoy your stay, the only downside is the walk up that bloody hill!

Thanks both! I had an operation a while back and am not really meant to lift anything heavy. I'll most likely manage but good to know there's help if need be.

A lot of my friends have turned their noses up at it too. Fine, you struggle for miles with all your worldly goods on your back then spend an hour pitching a tent :P I'll be mid way through a four pack of beer by this point! They mocked me anyway last year because I washed every day, what's wrong with liking being clean! I think I'm going to like it. Nothing wrong with camping in the main fields, I'm just old (ish) and can't really carry much, and I'm a light sleeper who can't function on 4 hours sleep anymore.

My plan is to be organised every morning (ok mid afternoon) when I come onto site and leave booze and jumpers at the lock ups.  Getting excited now!!

Not strictly queue related but I recieved my Worthy View info email yesterday. I promptly sent of the details of my group who are all arriving at different times and I have just recieved an acknowledgement of not only my initial email but a follow up too.

A reassuringly prompt bit of customer service which I hope bodes well for our stay at WV.

My first time in WV, and I am really looking forward to it.

on a related note, is there any problems with leaving the carparks on Monday morning?

we left the regular camping carparks last year around 8am (with all but the driver on 2hrs sleep) and were queuing for about 30mins. not too bad compared to the queues later apparently, but I would be happy to have an extra couple of hours in bed before leaving this year if the WV carpark is fairly easy to get out of!

Edited by ghostdancer1

On 2 June 2016 at 4:13 PM, Hotchilidog said:

Not strictly queue related but I recieved my Worthy View info email yesterday. I promptly sent of the details of my group who are all arriving at different times and I have just recieved an acknowledgement of not only my initial email but a follow up too.

A reassuringly prompt bit of customer service which I hope bodes well for our stay at WV.

My first time in WV, and I am really looking forward to it.

Which email address did you send your details to? I have sent 2 emails now of details of my group and a couple of questions and I've heard nothing back yet. :unsure:

You should be sending to  worthyview@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk ?? they can take a day or so to answer, especially since they will be getting a lot of emails now the information has gone out.  They are very good at replying normally.   Hope that helps J

20 hours ago, Jules62 said:

You should be sending to  worthyview@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk ?? they can take a day or so to answer, especially since they will be getting a lot of emails now the information has gone out.  They are very good at replying normally.   Hope that helps J

Yes that's the address I used it was in the info email they sent out. Considering they must be snowed under with emails I was very impressed with the next day response.