Earth, Wind & Fire

zico martin

Definitely got enough good tunes to be a great Sunday night headliner, but now that the singer has died I guess this is the 'Earth, Wind & Fire Experience'.  Wont this be like seeing the Drifters without Ben E King, or the Temptations without David Ruffin?  Motorhead without Lemmy?  Queen with Freddy?

Someone sell them to me... please (otherwise its Coldplay for me!)

Edited by zico martin

Maurice White hasn't toured with EW&F since 1994 after battling his Parkinson's disease. 

A friend of mine saw them last year and he said they were incredible, a really fun live band.

I'll be at Coldplay (sorry) but I'm sure you'll have a class Sunday night wherever you decide to go!

Earth Wind and Fire had two simultaneous leads - Maurice White (who's just passed away and hasn't sung with them for years due to Parkinsons) and Philip Bailey. Philip Bailey is incredible live and I really enjoyed them when I watched watched them a few years back. The band still has great energy and original members including Maurice's younger brother Verdine on bass 

The  "Earth, Wind and Fire Experience ft Al Mckay" is a different band.

One of my favourite all time bands and I'm gutted I haven't got a ticket :(

3 minutes ago, Starchild771 said:

Earth Wind and Fire had two simultaneous leads - Maurice White (who's just passed away and hasn't sung with them for years due to Parkinsons) and Philip Bailey. Philip Bailey is incredible live and I really enjoyed them when I watched watched them a few years back. The band still has great energy and original members including Maurice's younger brother Verdine on bass 

The  "Earth, Wind and Fire Experience ft Al Mckay" is a different band.

One of my favourite all time bands and I'm gutted I haven't got a ticket :(

Blimey! I never associated Earth, Wind and Fire with the Phil Bailey who dueted with Phil Colins on 'Easy Lover'. We bought his Chinese Walls album (produced by Phil Colins and with him playing drums) off the back of that song.

5 hours ago, Starchild771 said:

including Maurice's younger brother Verdine on bass 

Verdine is IMO one of the greatest living bassists and has always been one of the most  fundamental elements of the band.  

14 hours ago, zico martin said:

Definitely got enough good tunes to be a great Sunday night headliner, but now that the singer has died I guess this is the 'Earth, Wind & Fire Experience'.  Wont this be like seeing the Drifters without Ben E King, or the Temptations without David Ruffin?  Motorhead without Lemmy?  Queen with Freddy?

Someone sell them to me... please (otherwise its Coldplay for me!)

isn't it now just wind and fire? I still think it will be great