Ticket Competitions

cb4747

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

Well hopefully. The TS&CS said they would call 20 people back to see how enthusiastic/knowledgeable they were on Radio 2 and Glastonbury. I wonder when they will be calling those people! 

Dunno.  It was my husband who texted as - yet again - I had no signal.  I've warned him to answer his phone if it rings as he tends to keeps it on silent. He's got great Glasto knowledge. He remembers stuff I've long forgotten.  Prob not so good on R2 so I've told him to swot up. Can't believe this is the last chance.  It's been a journey and a half. BTW did anyone hear of the Radio X winner?

I've been at Download over the weekend and spent the past few days variously cleaning mud off my worldly possessions + packing up my student house. So basically missed all the radio ones! 
I did hear about one of the competitions on R2 as I was driving yesterday but knew I wouldn't go anywhere near it as I'm far too cowardly to do an on-air quiz style thing. 

If there are some more spots left in the competition, I wish you all luck!

8 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

I've been at Download over the weekend and spent the past few days variously cleaning mud off my worldly possessions + packing up my student house. So basically missed all the radio ones! 
I did hear about one of the competitions on R2 as I was driving yesterday but knew I wouldn't go anywhere near it as I'm far too cowardly to do an on-air quiz style thing. 

If there are some more spots left in the competition, I wish you all luck!

Radio 1 is on Saturday morning and Radio 2 is being won tonight. 

But I think that'll be it for competition due to getting prizes out to winners in time .... But you never know ;) 

2 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

Radio 1 is on Saturday morning and Radio 2 is being won tonight. 

But I think that'll be it for competition due to getting prizes out to winners in time .... But you never know ;) 

Ah well best of luck to everyone for those! Chloe giving away the second ticket to the runner up sounds like a lovely moment. Can you imagine if the BBC showed 700 bands across a weekend? 

6 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Ah well best of luck to everyone for those! Chloe giving away the second ticket to the runner up sounds like a lovely moment. Can you imagine if the BBC showed 700 bands across a weekend? 

You'd soon get bored of another DJ once you've gone through the main stages.

I hope that lad brings his own tent..... It was only the ticket she was sharing!!

did you enjoy 'Drownload'? I've read a few reviews and it's not been the best year for the music. Rammstein set the bench mark and the rest didn't really try!

4 hours ago, Jennings74 said:

Chloe on 6music quiz is having the Glasto spirit.... She gave her second ticket to Tom!! Tom lost in the quiz :) 

That's such a nice gesture.  She deserved to win.

I missed it too but I know you had to get a call back today to be in with a shot. Seen someone saying they have been given tickets by a friend who lives in pilton on glasto chat. Apparently they can get an allocation. Anyone know if that is legit? I'm guessing not 

Edited by Lucy92

27 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I missed it too but I know you had to get a call back today to be in with a shot. Seen someone saying they have been given tickets by a friend who lives in pilton on glasto chat. Apparently they can get an allocation. Anyone know if that is legit? I'm guessing not 

It's not legit in that they're not supposed to. Legit in the sense that the festival knows full well that that's exactly what a lot of locals do. If they're not interested in attending they've got to get some kind of compensation for the disruption. :)

3 minutes ago, musky said:

It's not legit in that they're not supposed to. Legit in the sense that the festival knows full well that that's exactly what a lot of locals do. If they're not interested in attending they've got to get some kind of compensation for the disruption. :)

I guess. Still when there's people who are so desperate to go it makes me sad to see tickets go to waste 

1 minute ago, Lucy92 said:

I guess. Still when there's people who are so desperate to go it makes me sad to see tickets go to waste 

They're not really going to waste though. Either the recipient will go themselves, give it to someone who'd appreciate it, for sell them for a crapload of cash. I've seen it mentioned that they're often sold off on local buy/sell groups. It's only the ones that get greedy and charge like it's Viagogo that gets my goat...

17 minutes ago, musky said:

They're not really going to waste though. Either the recipient will go themselves, give it to someone who'd appreciate it, for sell them for a crapload of cash. I've seen it mentioned that they're often sold off on local buy/sell groups. It's only the ones that get greedy and charge like it's Viagogo that gets my goat...

Yeah I've heard about them going for 800 pounds! Things like that make me sad not really in the Glastonbury spirit 

1 minute ago, Lucy92 said:

Yeah I've heard about them going for 800 pounds! Things like that make me sad not really in the Glastonbury spirit 

£800! :o

Even when they were openly touted on Ebay they only used to go for about twice face value. Just shows the popularity of the festival I guess.