2016 Get Fit Thread

koj

5 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Removed for length :) 

I have still failed massively at the exercise part. It's the next on my list to do list and will be essential to keeping the weight off. I've been tentatively looking at a 10k for early November but not bitten the bullet just yet. 

I don't really like running but I've done one before so I know I can drag myself round. I watched the first episode of Lose Weight for Love and was amazed the lady managed a half marathon with only a few weeks training. Great program by the way and really goes into the psychology of why some people struggle and how to break bad habits. The emphasis was really on a healthier lifestyle that can be maintained rather than a biggest loser style crash diet. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck with the running @MrZigster and @Heather90. I've just started going for a couple of runs a week with my boyfriend. Trying to train myself up to being able to run 10k without stopping by the end of the summer. I'm at 4k at the moment and only started a couple of weeks ago so don't think I'm doing too badly! Running is something I've always found very difficult on my own, I need to be encouraged along, so I have a lot of respect for people that do it alone!

5 hours ago, Peroni said:

So today I got my Glastonbury kit down from the loft.  I know I'm not the weight I was last year... so will be trying stuff on with trepidation :)

Have you got a selection of  special crazy outfits that you only bring out once a year for Glastonbury?:D

6 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Have you got a selection of  special crazy outfits that you only bring out once a year for Glastonbury?:D

Something like that... it's part the ritual sorting through it working out what new bits to add... I'm thinking sequin jacket:D

Fat club today and the scales of doom showed another loss - so thats 31.5lbs.  Pretty chuffed considering I've only been at it 10 weeks!  I then came out of fat club and went and had all my hair chopped short!  Kicking myself that I should have done it before weigh-in!  Ha!

Hope everyone else is having a good week :D

12 minutes ago, Digi said:

Fat club today and the scales of doom showed another loss - so thats 31.5lbs.  Pretty chuffed considering I've only been at it 10 weeks!  I then came out of fat club and went and had all my hair chopped short!  Kicking myself that I should have done it before weigh-in!  Ha!

Hope everyone else is having a good week :D

Wowzers, well done on such a fab weight loss! I've been at fat club 4 weeks, but only lost 6.5lb so far. I think I need to step it up!!

well done you xX

12 hours ago, ejj said:

Wowzers, well done on such a fab weight loss! I've been at fat club 4 weeks, but only lost 6.5lb so far. I think I need to step it up!!

well done you xX

Thank you :)  I have to admit that I've been ridiculously strict with myself - I need surgery soon so the whole weight loss thing started as I was shitting myself going to see the surgeon and getting a bollocking for being too fat!

6.5lb is a decent amount - you'd feel pretty uncomfortable carrying around 13 blocks of lard everywhere you went

Peroni that is an awesome jacket!

well done everyone for you losses/achievements you are all doing brilliantly

I've completely fucked it, for that 2 weeks I've been working my way around the country eating and drinking everything in sight, I've managed to put 4lbs on top of another 4lbs over the previous weeks before

i'm feeling quite deflated about it all and like there no way i'm going to be in any decent shape for this years fest, last year I was 1.5st lighter and I struggled a bit

I need to somehow lose at least 8lb over the next 3 weeks but I can't go for a run because I've put too much weight on which makes my knee crap out

sorry for bringing the negatron to the thread, that's the first chance I've had to moan about it

4 hours ago, sloseph said:

Peroni that is an awesome jacket!

well done everyone for you losses/achievements you are all doing brilliantly

I've completely fucked it, for that 2 weeks I've been working my way around the country eating and drinking everything in sight, I've managed to put 4lbs on top of another 4lbs over the previous weeks before

i'm feeling quite deflated about it all and like there no way i'm going to be in any decent shape for this years fest, last year I was 1.5st lighter and I struggled a bit

I need to somehow lose at least 8lb over the next 3 weeks but I can't go for a run because I've put too much weight on which makes my knee crap out

sorry for bringing the negatron to the thread, that's the first chance I've had to moan about it

Thanks re the Jacket - it was something I've treated my self too having been so long without drinking! I've done over 80 days so far... and only a few more to go!!

Regards losing what you can over the next 3 weeks, i guess you will need to be super strict on what you eat at least for 80% of the time and if you cannot up your exercise to running maybe try walking and hitting the 10000 steps a day.  if anything it will get your legs ready for all the walking / dancing we will be doing in just over 21 days time!!

Had a camping trip this weekend so that was opportunity to do Glastonbury prep:

(1) tent still waterproof - check

(2) walking shorts still fit - check

(3) walking practice - 14 miles from Seaford to Eastbourne, plus two miles to and from train station = 18 miles total.  That's got to be more than you'd walk in a day at the festival - although in wellies and mud it sometimes feels longer.  

I went a bit backwards over the weekend and I've put on 1-2lbs. Didn't make weigh in but I'll have it off by next Monday anyway. 

On the other hand given the way I still feel I'm not sure I have another extended weekend in me this month. Sure I'll pick up by weekend...

19 hours ago, Peroni said:

Thanks re the Jacket - it was something I've treated my self too having been so long without drinking! I've done over 80 days so far... and only a few more to go!!

Regards losing what you can over the next 3 weeks, i guess you will need to be super strict on what you eat at least for 80% of the time and if you cannot up your exercise to running maybe try walking and hitting the 10000 steps a day.  if anything it will get your legs ready for all the walking / dancing we will be doing in just over 21 days time!!

Morning

i'm feeling less of a negatron this morning, I think it was all a combination of putting the weight on, plus being hungover and going back to work after a long weekend, not the best combo for my mood

I think if I'm strict  for the next 3 weeks I should be able to lose a decent chunk, hopefully I can get down to 14st, it's not ideal but it's been than carrying on like I have been

trying to get my 10000 steps a day is a great shout, I'm going to give that a go

thanks for the positivity :) 

Morning, been a week since the last post in here, wondered how we're all doing. 

I registered with this diet tracker thing that I've been on and off with for about 6 years.. I'm at a three year low now though which is nice. Hopefully get another 4-5lb shifted before Glastonbury... We'll see.

after my crippling defeat at the hands of the scale last week I appear to be in full determination mode which is great

I managed to lose 4lb in a week and even managed to not cheat over the weekend for the first time in years, i'd even had a smoke which normally means I'll eat the entire house but I resisted

i'm hoping I can get down to the 14st mark by the festival, 13st had been my goal so it's not great but given how I felt last week it could be a lot worse

I've also started up the 30 day plank challenge again to help with staying upright all festival