The Elephant in the Room.

Wooderson

Counter terror police chiefs have issued guidance for what members of the public should do if they get caught in a terror attack on British soil. The advice includes these gems;

People should escape if they can, considering the safest route - but only if they can do so without endangering themselves.

If they can’t run, it’s safest to hide.

They should find cover from gunfire, remembering that if they can see the attacker, the attacker can see them.

Well, thanks a fucking bundle for that. Just remind me again, what were the other options?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Counter terror police chiefs have issued guidance for what members of the public should do if they get caught in a terror attack on British soil. The advice includes these gems;

People should escape if they can, considering the safest route - but only if they can do so without endangering themselves.

If they can’t run, it’s safest to hide.

They should find cover from gunfire, remembering that if they can see the attacker, the attacker can see them.

Well, thanks a fucking bundle for that. Just remind me again, what were the other options?

Nearly as bad as good old Protect and Survive from the 1980's

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yeah, cos not choosing a risky route and staying with the people with the guns would be the safer option!?!?!?!?

I don't think festivals are a good place for terrorists because it would be a big open space with not many indoor spaces and too much trouble to plan. If it's an open space they would be taken down in skies by helicopters and people would run and easily escape when they started shooting, there would have to be an army of terrorists to cause a number of deaths and they would be taken down long before  they even get close to England. The Bataclan was perfect for them because it's an enclosed space with no security, so harder to escape and easier to hold hostages and easier to cause more casualties. I've read the Bataclan had threats before because of it's Jewish owners so that might be another reason the venue was chosen.  

We are lucky England is an island so harder to get to which is why England has been successful in many wars in the past.   

3 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

So it wasn't because of our stiff upper lips and a 'get on with things' spirit? I've been lied to in History classes

Still needed spirit and intelligence but being an island makes it harder to sneak up on us and get past our borders. The Vikings were probably England's toughest opposition, being an island is what helped us beat Hitler. Our biggest fear today is terrorists blending in our society and thats where we need intelligence.