Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Idioteque18 said:

I'm so unbelievably nervous about tomorrow. Anyone know how many tickets are left? Specifically Saturday GA. Cheers.

I feel your pain! I would like to think that there are at least two thirds left across all days. My logic, twisted though it may be, is that the initial rush yesterday morning meant it was impossible to get tickets alognside so many die hard fans. Hopefully tomorrow, being more general, means it will be less of a bumrush all at once. Also, as it will be spread across Ticketmaster, Seetickets, gigsandtours etc. It will mean not everyone will have to wait in the god forsaken WASTE queue. Good luck anyway. I'll be right there alongside you hoping for a couple myself.

1 minute ago, shorttooth said:

I feel your pain! I would like to think that there are at least two thirds left across all days. My logic, twisted though it may be, is that the initial rush yesterday morning meant it was impossible to get tickets alognside so many die hard fans. Hopefully tomorrow, being more general, means it will be less of a bumrush all at once. Also, as it will be spread across Ticketmaster, Seetickets, gigsandtours etc. It will mean not everyone will have to wait in the god forsaken WASTE queue. Good luck anyway. I'll be right there alongside you hoping for a couple myself.

I was under the assumption that the WASTE queue would be the best shot at tickets? Maybe i was wrong. I'm going for ticketmaster personally, got about 5 different people each with at least a phone and a computer trying to get just two tickets. Good luck to you, and anyone else!

Just now, Idioteque18 said:

I was under the assumption that the WASTE queue would be the best shot at tickets? Maybe i was wrong. I'm going for ticketmaster personally, got about 5 different people each with at least a phone and a computer trying to get just two tickets. Good luck to you, and anyone else!

Hmm... Can anyone confirm this? I thought WASTE were only responsible for the presale hense the outsourcing to the external ticketing sites for tomorrow?

6 minutes ago, shorttooth said:

Hmm... Can anyone confirm this? I thought WASTE were only responsible for the presale hense the outsourcing to the external ticketing sites for tomorrow?

yep clicking on the On Sale 18 March bit on the WASTE site gives you a drop down of ticket vendors - ticketmaster, gigsandtours and the roundhouse site. won't be going through WASTE itself like yesterday it doesn't seem

4 minutes ago, Ipayne said:

Not a sniff yesterday for Thursday tickets, gonna try again tomorrow with a phone and computer probably trying on 2 different sites. Dreading it, not very often I want to go to a gig this bad!

I feel that. I'm usually really lucky with tickets, but didn't manage to get through on the presale. Like you, I've never really wanted to go to a gig this much!

I posted these on here on Wednesday but I think they've sunk a bit. I got all the tickets I need but if I was trying tomorrow I'd be targeting these pages, they're not publicly linked to yet: (I think one of you has gone over to atease and pasted it there by the looks of it though)...

https://tickets.roundhouse.org.uk/booking/production/bestavailable/19851 Thursday 

https://tickets.roundhouse.org.uk/booking/production/bestavailable/19852 Friday

https://tickets.roundhouse.org.uk/booking/production/bestavailable/19853 Saturday

Have your credit card ready to copy and paste, have one friend trying one day and another the other day if you want to go two nights, open multiple tabs and just attack the page, close and reopen any tab that looks like it's not responding...

Also if you're in Northern England/Scotland consider whether you want to go to Amsterdam instead. Will be a bit easier to get tickets, first night of the tour and considering tickets are £15 cheaper probably will come to a similar amount with transport and accomm. 

For the Amsterdam waste sale, tickets were still available at 0930 (as that's when I got my Friday tickets). 

2 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

I posted these on here on Wednesday but I think they've sunk a bit. I got all the tickets I need but if I was trying tomorrow I'd be targeting these pages, they're not publicly linked to yet: (I think one of you has gone over to atease and pasted it there by the looks of it though)...

https://tickets.roundhouse.org.uk/booking/production/bestavailable/19851 Thursday 

https://tickets.roundhouse.org.uk/booking/production/bestavailable/19853 Saturday

Have your credit card ready to copy and paste, have one friend trying one day and another the other day if you want to go two nights, open multiple tabs and just attack the page, close and reopen any tab that looks like it's not responding...

Also if you're in Northern England/Scotland consider whether you want to go to Amsterdam instead. Will be a bit easier to get tickets, first night of the tour and considering tickets are £15 cheaper probably will come to a similar amount with transport and accomm. 

For the Amsterdam waste sale, tickets were still available at 0930 (as that's when I got my Friday tickets). 

Thank you so much. How did you get these? Also, do more options appear tomorrow, as in, more than just a promotional code box? Thanks!

9 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Also, tomorrow morning, if i just refresh that link at 9am, will it then update so i can purchase tickets? Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Idioteque18 said:

Thank you so much. How did you get these? Also, do more options appear tomorrow, as in, more than just a promotional code box? Thanks!

I found out for other Roundhouse shows, each show which had tickets on sale had its own booking page with a 5 digit number at the end of the URL, as opposed to this: http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/2016/radiohead/ which is as far as we can publicly get. I changed the numbers round a couple of times, found some shows which hadn't been put on sale yet, so played around with the combinations for about 45 mins till I found the Radiohead shows. 

At 9am, everyone will be refreshing either gigsandtours/seetickets (same company) or the Roundhouse website. But the Roundhouse site should have less load on it. The "On sale soon" button will obviously change to "buy tickets" at 9am at which point people will be put into a queue which will eventually lead to those pages I linked to, day dependent. 

If you refresh those pages directly, you may well still be put in a queue. But you'll theoretically get there faster then anyone who's had to click from the main page. If you're really lucky, it might be set up so you get to skip the queue by linking directly to the page, but I'd say the first scenario is more likely. 

If you keep refreshing it and you get put in a queue, immediately open up 4-5 tabs with the same link, as there's a fair chance one of them might get there sooner. 

Edited by arcade fireman

21 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

I found out that each show which had tickets on sale had its own booking page, as opposed to this: http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/2016/radiohead/ which is as far as we can publicly get. I changed the numbers round a couple of times, found some shows which hadn't been put on sale yet, so played around with the combinations for about 45 mins till I found the Radiohead shows. 

At 9am, everyone will be refreshing either gigsandtours/seetickets (same company) or the Roundhouse website. But the Roundhouse site should have less load on it. The "On sale soon" button will obviously change to "buy tickets" at 9am at which point people will be put into a queue which will eventually lead to those pages I linked to, day dependent. 

If you refresh those pages directly, you may well still be put in a queue. But you'll get there faster then anyone who's had to click from the main page. If you're really lucky, it might be set up so you get to skip the queue by linking directly to the page, but I'd say the first scenario is more likely. 

If you keep refreshing it and you get put in a queue, immediately open up 4-5 tabs with the same link, as there's a fair chance one of them might get there sooner. 

You, my friend, are a life saver. Thank you so much, this could help so much. You don't know what this means, thank you.

If you have a friend trying with you, I'd still say it might be worth one of you having gigsandtours open, create an account with your name and address already pre-entered, log in and have your credit card number ready to paste. It's just one pool of tickets, and inevitably one website might be better than the other. I think all things considered Roundhouse website with the direct link will be better, but could be wrong. 

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

If you have a friend trying with you, I'd still say it might be worth one of you having gigsandtours open, create an account with your name and address already pre-entered, log in and have your credit card number ready to paste. It's just one pool of tickets, and inevitably one website might be better than the other. I think all things considered Roundhouse website with the direct link will be better, but could be wrong. 

That's the plan, I, among a few other close friends are trying through Ticketmaster for me, with my details all saved, and one of my other close friends is trying that direct link, i really do hope it happens. Thanks again!

2 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

My order for two tickets was 143 quid on Wednesday. Not sure if these sites might charge more fees than waste did though. 

Okay thank you. I'm still 50/50 on tickets at the moment... £70 is an awful lot for a gig, add on top of that a train ticket to London and drinks. Also my friend is a bit meh about hearing a setlist which is entirely devoid of at least some of their hits, I think he may be a bit peeved paying £70 for a setlist of songs he barely knows :wacko: I JUST DON'T KNOW

Everyone's got their own financial circumstances, but if it's 70 quid you could potentially spend, as in there's other recreational things you could spend it on, then it'll be 70 quid well spent. Nothing like seeing Radiohead, except seeing them in a small venue. Premier Inns will still be bookable this far out, or even a night in a hostel would be cheap. 

Amsterdam tickets are cheaper (50 quid each), first night of the tour, easier to get and anyone coming from the North of England should really consider that as just as good an option as London as the whole trip would probably cost the same as a trip to London. But I guess from Hampshire London would be a better bet.