NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

The acts on the Nos stage and the Heineken stage shouldn't start and finish at the same time so hopefully you can at least see part of the sets of everyone that you want to, with the stages being so close compared to the likes of Glastonbury.  A couple of people have done Clashfinders but obviously these are just people's guesses at this stage:

http:///s/alive16/

http:///s/nosalive16/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Axel. said:

The acts on the Nos stage and the Heineken stage shouldn't start and finish at the same time so hopefully you can at least see part of the sets of everyone that you want to, with the stages being so close compared to the likes of Glastonbury.  A couple of people have done Clashfinders but obviously these are just people's guesses at this stage:

http:///s/alive16/

http:///s/nosalive16/

Catching a bit of FJM would be better than nothing! How long is the walk between stages?

I think it's only a few minutes walk between the stages. But then obviously getting close to the front could be difficult if you're not there early for certain acts. Someone mocked this up based on the layout in 2014 I think.

The Friday is the best day for me so hoping the clashes are not too bad. Foals, Tame Impala and Radiohead are must sees for me but would also like to see Father John Misty, Courtney Barnett, Two Door Cinema Club and Hot Chip.

Map.thumb.png.cf546b15a6b4b72c8217a70e9d270592.png

I'm also hoping FJM doesn't clash with Tame Impala, Foals and Radiohead! I'd probably miss Tame Impala for him if they did clash but I probably wouldn't choose him over Foals or Radiohead.

Is there any chance of Hinds playing? Would love to see them added to the Heineken Stage!

Well that completes the mainstage for that day. Not the big international sub we were hoping for on the 9th. 

It's a Spanish act, don't even have an English wikipedia page. According to setlist.fm they never played in Portugal so I doubt that much people will be happy with this.

I doubt that will be it for the main stage. Seems rather odd considering the packed line ups on the other two days, they do after all still need to sell day tickets for the Saturday. However if it were to mean that they spread out M83, Arcade Fire, Grimes & Ratatat so that it is possible to sell all four, I would call that a pretty successful day. 

Looking at the previous 3 years, they seem to have only 5 acts on the main stage each day and 9 on the Heineken stage, so that looks like it for the main stage on the Saturday. A lot of people seemed to expect a sub to be announced to go in between M83 and Arcade Fire but that doesn't look likely now. There should be one more main stage act to be announced for the Friday but it could be a lesser known act to go on first which seems to always be 6pm on the main stage. Hopefully still some decent names to be announced for the Heineken stage.

http://nosalive.com/en/lineup-2015/

http:///s/na15/

http://nosalive.com/en/2014-edition/

http:///s/nosalive/

http://nosalive.com/en/2013-edition/

http:///s/oa13/

1 hour ago, aj3000and12 said:

I doubt that will be it for the main stage. Seems rather odd considering the packed line ups on the other two days, they do after all still need to sell day tickets for the Saturday. However if it were to mean that they spread out M83, Arcade Fire, Grimes & Ratatat so that it is possible to sell all four, I would call that a pretty successful day. 

They seem to be quite popular in Spain, so probably attract a lot of Spaniards for a day ticket on a Saturday. Seems to be a well calculated choice.

Seems more like a we ran out of budget choice. The first two days of the festival are great. The third day started promising with the announcement of two class acts (M83 and Arcade Fire). After that we got Band of Horses (2013 still on Heineken stage and didn't get much bigger since), Agir (some Portugese hiphop which every Portugese speaking person is hating on the NOS Facebook page) and now Vetusta Morla (Never played in Portugal and Spotify statistics show that they are only popular in Spain and Mexico). Mainstage on the 9th is the weakest day of this year and also not comparable to other years. Definitely not what you would expect to celebrate the 10th edition.

For me it's quite disappointing that they didn't book a better act for the 2nd or 3rd down spot when you look at the amount of better acts that are around in the same weekend. Just a quick list of acts that are not headliners and didn't play last year but are in Europe during 7-9 July.

Bilbao BBK: New Order, Chvrches, Underworld, Editors

Cruïlla Barcelona: Alabama Shakes, Crystal Fighters, Damien Rice, Rudimental

Other festivals: Catfish and the Bottleman, Kaiserchiefs, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Major Lazer, Sigur Rós, PJ Harvey, Wilco, The Kooks, The Hives, Skunk Anansie, The Stone Roses, Jamie xx, Bastille, The Last Shadow Puppets

I'm sure people will say that we are not allowed to complain with the current line up - again I'm very happy with the 7th and 8th and half of the 9th - but was it that hard to find a decent act as a sub or 3rd down?

Edited by Finge

The main stage line up for the 9th is a bit disappointing compared to the other days especially as it's the 10th edition and the last day of the Festival. Thursday 7th has Chemical Brothers and Pixies who seem to be equally billed as like co headliners, Robert Plant from the legendary band Led Zeppelin, Biffy Clyro who are headlining Reading/Leeds and the 1975 who have just had a number 1 album in the UK and US at the same time. Friday main stage has 3 amazing bands including Radiohead who just had their tour sell out in minutes and Foals who are headlining Reading/Leeds. Arcade Fire will be amazing on the last night but I think they definitely could/should have got another big name to play 2nd or 3rd down.  Still plenty of spaces for the Heineken stage over the 3 days so hopefully there are still some more decent names.

I know it might feel disappointing since the last few confirmation have been underwhelming (apart from maybe 2manydjs) and the main stage on the 9th doesn't seem as good as the others day. But to me it doesn't look that bad. NOS alive made Arcade fucking Fire get out of their hiatus to headline the day. They are in between albums and we might hear some new songs. They are one of the biggest bands nowadays and always give a great show, this might even be a greatest hits shows, which would be incredible. M83 are getting bigger and bigger, and should put on a great show. Band of Horses are also great. Nevermind Agir and Vestusta Morla, it might not be that bad even (I guess). Part of the fun is to discover new bands. PAUS will probably be playing early at the same time as Agir, and they are a great rock portuguese band, energetic and give a great concert. Then at the Heineken page you have Grimes, who is an awesome performer, and Art Angels, her last album was named by several critics and listeners as the number 1 album of the year. Ratatat and José Gonzales are two other fantastic performers. Lots of fun stuff to see on the 9th, don't worry.

To be fair there wasn't really anything I was overly fussed for on the Sat last year, so having Arcade fire to finish off the festival is enough for me that day to make me happy! (Plus really looking forward to band of horses)

I think we were all just kind of expecting a big sub tba given how fortunate we've got this far, but the last couple of years has always been the same as this, so we should probably be more realistic in what we expect for €119. ☺

Edited by Richi1988

Vetusta Morla is a great band! Unlike the Agir announcement, who has shitty music, this is really good! They are huge in Spain and it's great NOS Alive is giving the opportunity to them to rock the main stage. I'm sure they'll compensate to their English-speaking visitors with more good tent names for Thursday & Friday. 

There are always 5 acts per day on the main since 2012. In the period before that there have been days with 6 acts on the main, but always combined with days that had only 4.

We will probably get a Portugese act to complete the main on the 8th. However, for the Heineken stage they must have at least 1 or 2 international names to announce I expect. 

13 hours ago, aj3000and12 said:

by this, do you mean the NOS stage line up is 'closed' i.e. no more announcements. 

Be good to know the rest within two weeks. 

Closed as in "they hired all the bands already (of course)" but haven't announced them all. As in "Stop asking for that band or the other, because we already have all the bands lined-up"

Looking at those early clash finders it seems as though there are still quite a few bands left to be announced for the Heineken stage. To be honest I hope the rest of the bands announced are pants otherwise it's going to be clash city, and I'm over the moon with how it looks so far. 

Also, last time Radiohead played they went for about 2 hours, so it's safe to assume they will get the same length set. One of those draft clash finders has Radiohead down for 90 minutes which is quite the underestimation.