NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

50 minutes ago, DB92 said:

Hi guys,

Has anyone had success on the Dice waiting list? Made the stupid mistake of waiting for tickets, didn't realise they'd sell out by March! And if anyone has any spares, please let me know. I think I already know the answer to these questions, but no harm trying eh...

I've had success with their waiting lists numerous times in the past. Definitely worth joining it

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No biggie. You know they will have a Portuguese opener on NOS stage on 1 or 2 days. An hour longer on the beach I'd say!

Couldn't M83 just be the sub on Saturday? Checking last year's schedule I am also curious what they still have to announce for Heineken stage on the 9th. The Jesus & Mary Chain, Mogwai and Sleaford Mods (among others) in 2015, so I'm hopeful for some strong announcements still to come.

8 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Probably the opener for that day! Wonder what they are waiting for to announce the sub for the last day... It's sold out guys!

It could either be because whoever the act is is yet to announce their touring plans or, more likely that they still have tickets to sell to a Portuguese show?

15 minutes ago, Lord Rooster said:

It could either be because whoever the act is is yet to announce their touring plans or, more likely that they still have tickets to sell to a Portuguese show?

You could be right :) but I guess it'll come this month!

Is Agir playing mainstage? Usually announcement clarifies playing Nos stage but just says playing Nos Alive.  

Perhaps it's undecided?

In regards to subs, could also still be in discussion with potential bands or weighing up options, or as above can't announce yet due to Touring announcements or current dates.

Yes he is playing Nos stage, it is in the facebook announcement and also on the line up page. Google tranlate doesn't work perfectly for Portugese but as I understand it people are quite unhappy with the line up on the 9th and the fact that this artist is on the same stage as arcade fire.

1 hour ago, Finge said:

Yes he is playing Nos stage, it is in the facebook announcement and also on the line up page. Google tranlate doesn't work perfectly for Portugese but as I understand it people are quite unhappy with the line up on the 9th and the fact that this artist is on the same stage as arcade fire.

Fair enough - always seemed clearer in past announcements even with dodgy translation :P

Wow, I can confirm. This confirmation is getting destroyed on social media. This guy is a joke. People are really unhappy. I read that he is being pushed to play there by the official radiostation of the festival, "rádio comercial" which is a terrible mainstream radio that plays bad music.

Oh I don't care at all! Radiohead is my favourite band so I would see them anywhere. Arcade Fire are the 2nd best concert I've been to. I do agree that there's a difference from seeing Arcade Fire after Portishead (when I saw them 2011) or after Ed Sheeran and Lorde (when I saw them in 2014). The crowd is completely different, so that is my only worry. I want the crowd to be into it!

Edited by Mirror

I haven't even considered what the Arcade Fire setlist will look like. Will it still be Reflektor heavy? (I wouldn't mind either way). Will we get any new songs? (yes please). Will they continue the 'Power Out into Rebellion' tradition? (of course ;)).

*runs off to devise a semi-realistic/semi-fantasy setlist prediction*

Hi everyone, after more than a year of lurking I decided to sign up. Wanted to go to RW again this year, but I am so happy I held off from buying tickets for RW as this year Nos Alive has the best line-up and RW probably the worst (for my tastes, of course). 

I have a question for the people who have been to Nos Alive before. How hard is it to get to the front of the main stage? Not for Radiohead of course (was in the front row of their RW 08 gig, the suffering I did for that was worth it but also enough to last a lifetime), but for bands like Pixies and Arcade Fire. Do I have to "line-up" hours before or could I get a decently positioned space (not front row) 10-15 min before the gig starts? What about the tent? Is it generally packed for the last dance act? 

Thanks!