On site Supermarket

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/perth-kinross/t-in-the-park-will-have-its-own-supermarket-1.881781

T In The Park have been given permission to have an onsite supermarket with an alcohol licence. A limit of 24 cans will be introduced from the shop and the token system has been scrapped. All bars will now accept cash instead. What does this mean for the shuttle buses to towns near? The article suggests they will be scrapped.

The reason given for the scrapping of tokens is to cut down queues. This does not really make sense since the idea of the tokens was to cut down queues. Now people will have to wait for change etc.

Except most of the time you just end queuing twice under a token system and have to make sure to spend them all!

Cash is simple, they will us something like £4.50/£5.50 for a pint so change won't be an issue.

I honestl;y didnt mind the token system and found there was next to no queues for them also would buy 10 at a time to save any hassle. What with the fact its the first year in Strathallan and theres bound to be other teething problems I'd have thought they would just leave as is.

Hoping they take cards also at the bars as dont want to carry load of cash with me

The token system worked well. Hardly ever a queue to buy and never a queue to get a beer. Seems daft that Download go all cashless to save queues and T go all cash to save queues. I'm confused, but mainly about the fact TITP claim to have listened to complaints and acted on it. That's not the TITP I know.

It's a bit of a punt in the dark. Certainly hope it works although don't totally agree with need for it. To be fair, I went to a footy match in Germany and everything was cashless. Worked ok and queues were short and moved quickly

There are always people that are either left with tokens at the end of the weekend or if weather is bad their tokens are ripped in some way and then they have the hassle of trying to return them. I for one think that cash is the best idea. On the downside they will no doubt make the cost an easy figure for giving out change and i suspect it will be £5, so only notes or pound coins needed by staff.

Other option is just to take your own in, its certainly ever been a problem in balado so fingers crossed its the same this year

It won't cut down queues. You'll get folk trying to pay with card (and getting it declined), folk scrambling together a few extra pennies from their pals because they underestimated the price.

Mind you, Radio 1's Big Weekend last year had a cash bar and it was alright. Big queues in between bands but virtually non existent when somebody was on the main stage (meaning we got pished during Jake Bugg).

Download having issues with cashless apparently:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/15/150611c.shtml

I'm sure they'll sort it but I guess they should still have accepted cash/tokens for the first year whilst like phasing it out.

I'd imagine the other main festivals are keeping an eye on this to see how it goes. I think cashless sounds like a good idea and I hope it's a success for Download but I'm glad we're not the first to test this out as these teething problems were bound to happen.