Dubstep at Glastonbury 2015?

eoJ

Anyone know of any dubstep this year? I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's something that can be harder to find these days now the initial buzz has died down. Skrillex was fun the last 2 years, but I don't see any dubstep guys at all this year, excluding Skream of J.E.S.&.S, who seem to be more on the house side of things. I know Annie Mac may play a little, but that's not certain.

There will be plenty, don't worry.

Arcadia may have some DJs & there will definitely be some on at various points in Silver Hayes & South East corner.

Good to hear :)

Bez's sons are dubstep DJ's amongst other music. They usually play a far not in the acid house.

But yeah Arcadia will have loads of bass music on.

Cool, I've avoided Bez's a bit in the past (not a huge fan of house), but I'll check it out.

Like actual dubstep or skrillex-esque dubstep?

Do people even still make skrillex-esque dubstep other than skrillex? I haven't heard it in agesssss

Actual dubstep, although I'd settle for the Skrillex variety. I think some of the American producers are a bit Skrillexy. Wasn't a huge fan of Skrillex at first, but he's been improving in recent years.

Dub steps died off generally, There was an afternoon about 5-6 years ago on dance East or something and the line up was 4 hours solid of Skream & benga, true tiger, flux pavilion & doc p it was brilliant that was in its hay day.

Skrillex was the highlight for me last year, all the jump up "bro step" producers have died off though like Zomboy & Datsik. I think Trap sort of replaced it.

There are a huge amount of local moderen dub producers, the more darker, deeper spaced type of dubstep. Bristol kinda leads the way on that. Would be good to see the likes of Neek & Khan there.

Edited by bennyboi

Like actual dubstep or skrillex-esque dubstep?

Both but you will probably have to look further down the line up at the smaller venues to find stuff like N-Type, Hatcha, The Others etc. Vaguely remember Skream! replaced Rusko (or Caspa) as his flight was cancelled on one of the larger Shangri La stages, The Hub, & was recorded for a BBC essential mix. He was followed by a Chase & Status DJ set.

You can get it here. Info here on the BBC site.

The Glade has had drum & bass there & so does the Pussy Parlure (saw Drumsound & Bassline Smith in there, sweaty as) so it might be worth looking there for dubstep.

I know Netsky played the Wow stage on the Thursday, again D&B but that's more my thing.

Nero will prob make an appearance, played Reading last year closing the NME tent & have a new album out.

There's a load of Essential Mixs on this site on soundcloud if you want to kill two hours.

Edited by Couchy

• 1 month later...

I think I saw Borgore on the line up somewhere. Not a fan myself, looking forward to the Hospital records guys being back, they are playing heavier dub step like tracks in their sets these days.

Edit: get yourself at one of Spor's sets.

Edited by Couchy

Just to add, Skream is playing a few sets, one as JESUS (Thursday, Wow, 23-03) although from what I've heard of that it's not very dubsteppy, alone Friday 10-11PM Arcadia, b2b with Dusky, Friday, 03:30-04:30 Heaven, and b2b Patrick Topping 23:00-0:30 LBHQ on Sunday.

I think I saw Borgore on the line up somewhere. Not a fan myself, looking forward to the Hospital records guys being back, they are playing heavier dub step like tracks in their sets these days.

Edit: get yourself at one of Spor's sets.

Oooh, had totally missed that! I got tickets to a rave he was playing a few years ago and didn't get to go, would be great to see him. 23:00-00:30 Sonic stage, Friday, good that it's not too far from the pyramid, I can still catch a good chunk of Foo Fighters.

If you want proper dubstep not the shit skrillex plays then I'd recommend Youngsta and Loefah on Saturday night at London Underground, block9

Skrillex has gotten better in recent years, but still a fan of the UK guys. Had a listen to those, a bit ambient for me (may be wrong?), but good call.

Another one you might wanna catch is Caspa is playing in the cave 3 - 4 earlier hours of sunday morning. He might be your kinda thing.

Skream only plays house and techno these days so I wouldnt waste your time going to see his sets.

Definitely, good shout, been years since I've seen Caspa. Cheers.

Yeah, I was wondering if that was the case with Skream. Not the biggest fan of house, will give him a miss.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of any dubstep this year? I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's something that can be harder to find these days now the initial buzz has died down. Skrillex was fun the last 2 years, but I don't see any dubstep guys at all this year, excluding Skream of J.E.S.&.S, who seem to be more on the house side of things. I know Annie Mac may play a little, but that's not certain.

Have you listened to Modestep? Depends on how hardcore your tastes are but I love their latest album and they're my Must see slot for this year?

check out the album on soundcloud  https://soundcloud.com/modestep

Edited by carreg_cennen

what sort of stuff does Caspa play these days? older deeper dubstep? noisey skrillex stuff that he started making for a while? on the house/techno bandwagon?

trying to decide between him and Loefah...

Hes kept his sound pretty much the same: dubstep thats in between the noisy and deep stuff. He hasnt jumped on the house bandwagon.

Theres some recent mixes on his soundcloud