Arrival time?

Morgs74

Hi all, am familiar with this forum but first time posting.

Last year was our first Glasto and we arrived on the Weds at the North East gate around 6am. We thought this would be early doors by we ended up queuing for what felt like 300 miles and we didn't actually enter site until gone 10am.

This year we're planning to turn up around midnight Tuesday. Our logic is that (providing it's not pissing it down) we'd rather sit/drink/sleep at the front of the queue for 6-8 hours, than be doing this queuing malarky where you pick all your stuff up, move forward six inches, put it down, repeat.

I was just wondering what the earliest anyone on here has arrived, and how it panned out? I know they say gates don't open until 8am but I've heard stories about people being let in much earlier...

Cheers

We get into the Orange car park at about 3am most years and join the gate A queue at about 7.00am. Gate opened last year bang on 8am, and if it's earlier it'll only be after 7.30 so not really much earlier. Once the gates open the queue moves steadily till your in, so was also probably through around 8.30 - 9am and set up by 10am......also drinking :yes:

I'm cheating a little here but........I arrive onsite on the Monday before the gates open, but I work there, and that's the only way to do that I guess.....I could tell you about the cool crew parties that happen in the hippie fields on the Monday & Tuesday nights, but I won't as you'd probably hate me even more! :/

The last couple of years I've not bothered queueing - just got to Gate A around 10ish and walked straight in. Camped up and drinking by 11 with no hassle and no crack of dawn start :)

Only negative about doing it this way is the more popular campsites are usually pretty full by 10. If you're happy to camp a bit further out though it's easy peasy (and less of a walk from the car).

Not to thread hijack - but is the east side gates similar? On the west side, it looks like Pylon fields are handy if you turn up later than 9am but where do people tend to go on the east side when Big ground and Kidney Mead are full? Do you have to take all your stuff way across the site?

I am a Glasto newbie this year and spending too much of my free time thinking about these things (especially when most of it is out of my control).

The last couple of years I've not bothered queueing - just got to Gate A around 10ish and walked straight in. Camped up and drinking by 11 with no hassle and no crack of dawn start :)

Only negative about doing it this way is the more popular campsites are usually pretty full by 10. If you're happy to camp a bit further out though it's easy peasy (and less of a walk from the car).

we're thinking the same, although aiming for arriving around 9am.

hopefully most of the queue will be gone through by then.

Not to thread hijack - but is the east side gates similar? On the west side, it looks like Pylon fields are handy if you turn up later than 9am but where do people tend to go on the east side when Big ground and Kidney Mead are full? Do you have to take all your stuff way across the site?

I am a Glasto newbie this year and spending too much of my free time thinking about these things (especially when most of it is out of my control).

Yeah you'll be struggling to find space in Big Ground, Kidney Mead and Row Mead if you arrive a bit later on. Depends how many people are in your party though and how big your tent is - you can usually squeeze in somewhere if it's just 1 small tent.

All the other sites to the north north/west will be ok up until Weds afternoon though I'd say. Some friends of ours camped in Hawkwell last year and they got there after us.

On the south side of the site don't bother trying to head for Pennards - that's one of the first campsites to fill up. Dairy and Park Home are also filling up more quickly these days too by all accounts. After that you're starting to get really far away from Gate C so I would probably head north.

I'm cheating a little here but........I arrive onsite on the Monday before the gates open, but I work there, and that's the only way to do that I guess.....I could tell you about the cool crew parties that happen in the hippie fields on the Monday & Tuesday nights, but I won't as you'd probably hate me even more! :/

I also work but wouldn't want to let people know that while they were waiting in a queue outside I was w*nkered in a crew bar run by trannys

Hi, we are staying at Worthy View for the first time. Does anyone know what time is best to arrive here? Think it's first come first serve on tents so any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks

Tents are pre-allocated, or at least the yurts were last year. We arrived around midday on the Wednesday and walked straight in.

The queue for Gate D was enormous.
I got there 6am Wednesday (if not before)
Had to park miles away in the Pink Car Park, furthest I have ever parked away from Gate D and the earliest I had ever got there.
I guess it was the initial mass of people trying to get the best camping fields?

Anyone else hit this at Gate D ?

Edited by GriZlore