Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Dan P Carter is supposedly announcing some names for R&L (presumably The Pit/Lock Up) on the Rock Show tomorrow night and Creeper had already said to tune in so that's got to be them playing. 

They were spectacular Friday night. They're such an exciting band. 

Much like last year then?

I know we knew it was Biffy but 7pm on the Radio reminds me of 2013 all over again lol. DR OK's it's a typical Reading announcement doesn't sound like to me there is any surprises. The best addition would be Weezer, the worst....we have enough already lol.

32 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I'm not sure why we all seem to believe DR OK knows stuff when the only 'info' he ever gave us was Foals secret set which everyone and their mother knew about and he kept flip flopping on if it was happening or not.

He could well know stuff but I do find it amusing that he's never really told us owt but pops by and says something vague before every announcement like he's just done now or "some of you will be pleased" and shit like that, and people's eyes light up. 

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Dan P Carter is supposedly announcing some names for R&L (presumably The Pit/Lock Up) on the Rock Show tomorrow night and Creeper had already said to tune in so that's got to be them playing. 

How do we know he's announcing some tonight? 

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He could well know stuff but I do find it amusing that he's never really told us owt but pops by and says something vague before every announcement like he's just done now or "some of you will be pleased" and shit like that, and people's eyes light up. 

His "one of these predictions is really close" in the last prediction thread was my favourite. Especially as nobody really predicted the Foals headliner to be announced in the last announcement.

3 minutes ago, losing44 said:

Just checked on the description of his show tonight on the radio 1 website; it says 'dan has exclusive reading and Leeds announcements' 

Makes sense they'd let him announce his own stage, or at least some of the acts. A few years ago he announced some a few days before the main announcement.

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I fully back your support of Creeper; saw them last year in Canterbury at a venue of about 100 cap and they were absolutely phenomenal

Not usually my thing by any means but you can't argue with songwriting that succinct

12 minutes ago, rawaudioinput said:

I fully back your support of Creeper; saw them last year in Canterbury at a venue of about 100 cap and they were absolutely phenomenal

Not usually my thing by any means but you can't argue with songwriting that succinct

They're a band that I thought were 'alright' and who I bought a ticket for just to see what the hype was all about (and it was only £6 which I still can't get my head round). That was up until about a week ago when they released their latest EP. Now I'm fully behind them. They really really excite me. It might sound cheesy, but watching them on Friday night (in a 200 cap venue in Peterborough) had me in awe and left me thinking, "If this is the future of Rock music, then the future is in very good hands". Their front man is an enigma, btw. Couldn't take my eyes off him for one second. It was wonderful to see. 

Edited by Andre91