Pukkelpop 2015

SoLoCo

There's loads of good dance bands/DJs doing the rounds this year so I'm hopeful we'll get quality closers on the Main, Dance Hall, Boiler and Castello. Think it will be Netsky, Stromae and Major Lazer on the Main and Underworld, Rebel Sound and Nero in the Dance Hall (with Sigma playing second to one of them). Reckon you could be right about Boyz Noise and Baauer Snorefest as both have history with the festival.

Looking at who else is about, Brodinski is doing something called Brava and seeing as he cancelled last year he's pretty much a cert in my book. Wilkinson, Gorgon City, Modestep and Vitalic (all live) will most likely feature too. As for the DJs, I'm confident they'll be plenty of top draw techno, house and DnB so that's a part of the line up I can't wait to see on Wednesday!

A few people on Twitter have mentioned a band called The Story So far. Think it might be a rumour but they seem pretty confident they'll be there. Had a quick listen and it's safe to say they won't be on my list!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Modestep at Pukkelpop a few years back. They were on really early (1st or 2nd band I think) and absolutely tore the roof off the place, hilariously they even did an encore (something I have never seen for a band that far down the lineup). Would be very happy to see them again.

Saw Modestep at Pukkelpop a few years back. They were on really early (1st or 2nd band I think) and absolutely tore the roof off the place, hilariously they even did an encore (something I have never seen for a band that far down the lineup). Would be very happy to see them again.

I was at that too. They had a huge crowd for the time of the day and seemed totally blown away by it all. Saw a bit of their DJ set in the Boiler last year before Andy C and again they seemed so happy just to be there. Must be a huge buzz watching bands all day, getting pissed with your mates and then DJing in front of thousands of people!! Very similar to my experience really, just without the DJing bit!

The party at the winning youth club on Wednesday is starting at 12.30pm. There's no info about how or when they'll make the actual announcement but I'll be surprised if they let the people at the party know first as they could easily share it on Twitter and Facebook.

The Scorpions (yay!), Robert Plant and Die Toeten Hosen are all in Germany around the right time. Not sure how they would go over though. I think Plant would be great, Scorp's would be "interesting" if they were to play at all and I only included Die Toten Hosen as I think that they have played before. In reality I think Plant will play. He had a good spot at Glasto last time out so could well get a good mid-mainstage slot, but would be much better headlining the Marquee I think.

Between this and Glastonbury, I have run out of ideas over who will play. My other summer festival, NOS ALive, have got loads of their names announced already which gives me hope, though I think there will be a lot of crossover.

So we're non the wiser, but only a couple of days to wait. Headliners aside, I want to see Beck play as I have not seen him, not seen Underworld for about 20 years so wouldn't mind seeing them again. Hoping that The Hold Steady might be on the circuit, Gaslight Anthem too. Think we've settled on Ride playing and would be happy with that. Seasick Steve appears to be in Europe again so he might play, always worth a watch. Happy Mondays are seemingly back together, so we'll have them. Ash and Stereo MC's are playing on the same bill at a gig in Bedford at the end of July so let's have all three of them. Kaiser Cheifs are playing the racecourse near my house in August so let's have them as well, and Madness and The Specials.

*sets world record for most wrong guesses*

Yep only 2 days left till we get massively disappointed by an awful rap headliner, some shite nu-metal band, Snow Patrol and some massive twat of a dubstep mega-name closing each night.

In all seriousness, I hope they pull it off from top to bottom. it'll be interesting to see how much the end of the compensation years will have an effect on how strong the line up is, particularly headliners and subs. There was quite a lot of moaning from pp'ers that the line up was too obsure last year and that it had a lack of bands with solid, well known hits. I for one hope they go with a few more well known bands, as much as I like getting into new bands.

Obviously I mean the Quo.

So we're non the wiser, but only a couple of days to wait. Headliners aside, I want to see Beck play as I have not seen him, not seen Underworld for about 20 years so wouldn't mind seeing them again. Hoping that The Hold Steady might be on the circuit, Gaslight Anthem too. Think we've settled on Ride playing and would be happy with that. Seasick Steve appears to be in Europe again so he might play, always worth a watch. Happy Mondays are seemingly back together, so we'll have them. Ash and Stereo MC's are playing on the same bill at a gig in Bedford at the end of July so let's have all three of them. Kaiser Cheifs are playing the racecourse near my house in August so let's have them as well, and Madness and The Specials.

*sets world record for most wrong guesses*

I would love the Specials. Seasick Steve I think you may be right on.

Do we know when exactly the big announcement will be made tomorrow? I know it's Wednesday "afternoon", but I can't see anything more specific than that.

I have the figure 2.30pm in my head, but I've no idea where that came from and so I may have made it up.

Edit: I've just seen the Dutch language website mentions 'namiddag' (i.e. 'late' afternoon), so that 2.30 is almost certainly bollocks.

Edited by Trufflehound

It's kinda weird almost how some of the artists touring during PkP have already been locked down by Werchter. Like, are Enter Shikari, SBTRKT, Underworld and Chemical Brothers all seriously touring from the end of June (Werchter) until at least half-way August (they're all coming to Lowlands)?

Not saying there's a huge conspiracy going on or whatever, but just interesting.

Anyway looking at the Lowlands line up real quick, they have Major Lazer, Tame Impala, Caribou, Four Tet, Hudson Mohawke, Django Django and La Roux who I would all expect to come down too. With Major Lazer probably closing the Main for a day. Maaaaybe José Gonzalez too for a 7 p.m. Marquee slot?

Lastly - are Interpol a possibility to headline?

Michael Midnight is playing at 3pm tomorrow so not sure whether they'll work it in around or during his set?

Can't help thinking they will want to make the public announcement themselves, rather than let people at the party break the news on social media. I'm guessing they'll either announce the headliners and other big bands one at a time or at some point just announce everything all in one go. Whatever they do, it'll no doubt coincide exactly with tweets from the official account and status updates on Facebook.

Let's wait. I read in festileaks 3 o 4 months ago that Faith No More and Underworld were nailed fof playing Werchter and they were trolled by one of their sources...

I do consider Blur a 100% though. A couple of days ago a Studio Brussel presenter (and colleague of the Pukkelpop program director) said we can expect a Belgian Blur date.