Benicassim 2015 July 16th - 17th - 18th & 19th

aixa

Hey guys, I had a look on voyages-sncf at trains, but it's only offering me trains from Barcelona Sants, correct me if I'm wrong but don't I need a train from Barcelona El Prat??

Also should I really bother with pre-booking train tickets, just in case my flight gets delayed and I miss the train?

I pre-booked my trains from Valencia to Beni and Beni to Barcelona Sants as it looked like some of them were selling out on Renfe

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not expecting m/any more 'known' names to the UK attendees, but still reckon there's 10-15 more acts tba.

Thu, which is usually a low key night (with just 2 of the 3 stages open, no.1 & no.3) kicks off about 7pm, then Florence will be on from 1am-2.30am as headliner, but then there's usually a biggish 'dance' act which follows (3am-4am) on the main stage. It usually finishes up about 4am on Thu.

On Fri/Sat/Sun, first bands take to the stages (staggered) from about 6pm, then headliner on main stage from 1am, with headliner of 2nd stage usually on between 1.30am and 2am. Again, big dance act from 3am-4am on main stage, with DJs playing on stages 2&3 from 3am until about 7am. In a nutshell, it's pretty much 12hrs every night from 6pm-6am, which is great, as the sun goes down about 9pm, and it's really pleasant weather all night (20c-25c), so not unbearable.

You can buy a programme (lanyard) for about 10euro with all the stage times, etc, or what I do is visit Clashfinder website a few days before it starts, and do a screenshot, which is easier to see who's playing where, at what time. Here a link to last years line ups. http:///s/beni14

It's always a wicked festival, and with this years impressive line up, incl 4 x great headliners, together with the South Beach and Jamaica zones, I'm sure it will make be a festival to remember.

HTH?

Not sure what HTH means but cheers for the tips! I will check out that website so thanks for that

Are you going on any of these roads? http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/overseas/european_tolls_results.jsp?country=Spain

I usually pay about 35euro tolls from Barca to Beni (2 x separate toll fees)

Can't answer the campaign/tent Qs I'm afraid, as we always hotel it.

Thanks for this but we ended up just booking a train. Found a great site that may help people:

http://www.seat61.com/Spain-trains.htm#Spanish_train_classes

Hi folks!

My friend and I will be complete newbies driving down from Bordeaux (South West France) in July. We have 4 days passes and plan on camping. I have a few questions for anyone who could help out?

- I have just heard of the toll fees, we have only taken in to account petrol for travelling so can we expect a lot more added on to that with these extra prices?

- Seeing as there are only a couple of us, is Beni a good fest to get involved with other campers etc.?

- How reliable is parking? Where abouts is our best bet to leave the vehicle?

Cheers folks!

Edited by LeBrummie

Hi folks!

My friend and I will be complete newbies driving down from Bordeaux (South West France) in July. We have 4 days passes and plan on camping. I have a few questions for anyone who could help out?

- I have just heard of the toll fees, we have only taken in to account petrol for travelling so can we expect a lot more added on to that with these extra prices?

- Seeing as there are only a couple of us, is Beni a good fest to get involved with other campers etc.?

Cheers folks!

I don't know anything about the toll fees but Beni is a great festival to get involved with other campers. The first time I went, I went off to the toilets in the middle of the night and ended up drinking with this random Scottish couple outside their tent for about an hour. My friends wondered where I'd been!

Everyone was really friendly the years I've been, although I haven't been since 2008 but I imagine it's a similar atmosphere. I'm almost dissappointed to be missing out on the fun of the campsite this time as I'm in a hotel but I'm sure I'll survive haha. The campsite bar is always really good for chatting to random people and making friends as well :-)

Hey guys, I had a look on voyages-sncf at trains, but it's only offering me trains from Barcelona Sants, correct me if I'm wrong but don't I need a train from Barcelona El Prat??

Also should I really bother with pre-booking train tickets, just in case my flight gets delayed and I miss the train?

hi you'll need to get from El Prat (airport) to Sants (mainline station) to get train to Benicassim..depending on what day you arrive/leave I would advise booking in advance as i have seen people not been able to get on train cos they had not pre-booked

hi you'll need to get from El Prat (airport) to Sants (mainline station) to get train to Benicassim..depending on what day you arrive/leave I would advise booking in advance as i have seen people not been able to get on train cos they had not pre-booked

Mr Mitchell , how the hell are you ? you going this year ?you happy with the line up ?

Mr Mitchell , how the hell are you ? you going this year ?you happy with the line up ?

I'm fine kind sir..and yourself? yes down on the 13th till the 22nd then a night in barca..could do with a bit more for the undercard but you know as well as me it's not all about the festival Edited by shaun64

Got a question about a card for my euros instead of taking cash. I recall people saying that shops would ID while making purchases on a euro travelcard to make sure card wasnt stolen. I have the small problem of not having my name printed on my card (Debenhams don't print names on cards), will I have to take cash out at machines for all purchases or should I be ok?

Blur are doing a 2 hour 20 minute set at Hyde Park, not sure how long they played yesterday at Isle of Wight but the reviews sound great! How long do we reckon they'll get at beni?

Saw them in Glasgow on Tuesday where they played for about 2 hours, hoping for a set of similar length to that! Really looking forward to seeing them again already, one of the best gigs I've been to a while!

Thanks for your help. I've looked at some train times and taken into account the fact that I'd have to get from Barcelona airport to Sants station and I'm thinking of getting an eufest coach from the airport instead. Can anyone verify that these are trustworthy and provide a decent service?

Does anyone know what lagers they sell nowadays? I think it was Heineken last time I went (years ago) but I saw they're sponsored by desperados now and I hate that drink!

probably the pisswater tuborg thats what they all seem to serve this days

on another note, has anyone ventured out to the hot springs that are nearby before?

Thanks for your help. I've looked at some train times and taken into account the fact that I'd have to get from Barcelona airport to Sants station and I'm thinking of getting an eufest coach from the airport instead. Can anyone verify that these are trustworthy and provide a decent service?

I got an eufest coach from alicante last year and it was fine, helpful people who worked for them and takes a similar length on time to the train and when baring in mind it drops you off in the campsite car park and sets off from the airport it probably ends up being quicker. Only problem was that there isn't a toilet on the coach but we did make a stop half way (from alicante not sure if it's the same from Barcelona) so it wasn't really a problem. I'm personally getting the train because there's toilets and we're staying in Barcelona the night before anyway so we'll already be in the city centre so the train station is closer to us than the airport but the eufest coach was a perfectly fine service

I was wondering if anyone could help me...I'm really sorry if these questions have already been answered but scrawling through months of post was sending me a little crazy!

I'm going to Valencia for my hen do and will be going to Benicassim on the Saturday (Blur! Woohooo!) We've sorted out how to get there (trains are fine) but can't work out how to get back, apart from waiting around for the first train on the Sunday (which isnt ideal- I've got the rest of my hen do to be getting on with!) anyone know if more buses/trains are put on to Valencia? It all seems to be to Barcelona? Or if there are any decent minibus taxi companies?

Also- a cheeky one- can you bring your own booze to the festival site? (I've already seen it's fine for the campsite but I'm assuming it's gona be like most Uk festivals)

Thanks!

Can wait!!

Does anyone know what lagers they sell nowadays? I think it was Heineken last time I went (years ago) but I saw they're sponsored by desperados now and I hate that drink!

Last year it was Heineken and Desperados. Some of the beer stalls also had Strongbow on draft, from memory. I'd expect this year it'll be Hein + Desp again. The Desperados was lethal, especially when you're drinking litre glasses at a time!

Edited by andytommo

I was wondering if anyone could help me...I'm really sorry if these questions have already been answered but scrawling through months of post was sending me a little crazy!

I'm going to Valencia for my hen do and will be going to Benicassim on the Saturday (Blur! Woohooo!) We've sorted out how to get there (trains are fine) but can't work out how to get back, apart from waiting around for the first train on the Sunday (which isnt ideal- I've got the rest of my hen do to be getting on with!) anyone know if more buses/trains are put on to Valencia? It all seems to be to Barcelona? Or if there are any decent minibus taxi companies?

Also- a cheeky one- can you bring your own booze to the festival site? (I've already seen it's fine for the campsite but I'm assuming it's gona be like most Uk festivals)

Thanks!

Can wait!!

What time's your first train back? Festival will go on until 6am/7am Sat night/ Sun morn (Blur will be on from about 1am-3am), so if you've all got the stamina, I'd go for that first train back to Valencia. Leaving at between 3am-5am on Sat night, then based on the last couple of years, expect to wait between about 60-90 mins in the taxi queue, to get cabs back to Valencia, which might be your best option. And no, you can't take drinks into festival sight (everyone gets frisked upon all entry), and they can be pricey (€9/£7 for spirit and mixer, or €3/£2.20 for a small beer), so get tanked up before you go in Edited by andytommo

Stromae has pulled from his upcoming dates due to illness so he won't be at beni. Seen as though there's over 4 weeks to go I'd imagine they'll be able to find a replacement act to fill his slot, any guesses? I'm surprised that knife party haven't been announced so if they're free maybe they could be in with a shout