Ticket lost in the post....I'm scared

Guest LaxtonsSuperb

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you can go down the road of getting it logged with police as stolen? Not sure if they launch an investigation, but if you could get a crime ref number would that convince glasto you are not blagging for a reissue.

Seen posts in the past where they've had genuine burglaries and folks have had new tix issued

I would still go to the ticket office on the day with all your supporting details. They are the only people I can think of on site that could issue you a wristband without ticket.

They might or they might not but the only thing you would lose is time and presumably that is time you already have booked off so..

They are human beings in the ticket office and I would hope try their utmost to help if they deem you genuine.

It's things like this that make me confused about Glastonbury not having a barcode ticket system, surely then they could just 'cancel' a ticket which has been lost, making it unusable for entry and reissue it? There may be some kind of technical thing stopping that but it seems sensible if it is possible.

I would still go to the ticket office on the day with all your supporting details. They are the only people I can think of on site that could issue you a wristband without ticket.

They might or they might not but the only thing you would lose is time and presumably that is time you already have booked off so..

They are human beings in the ticket office and I would hope try their utmost to help if they deem you genuine.

It's things like this that make me confused about Glastonbury not having a barcode ticket system, surely then they could just 'cancel' a ticket which has been lost, making it unusable for entry and reissue it? There may be some kind of technical thing stopping that but it seems sensible if it is possible.

Unfortunately this exact thing happened to me in 2007 - tickets posted on by friends via special delivery, never to be seen again. Went to the festival with all available evidence but they couldn't let us in. So unless they turn up you're probably out of luck. Royal mail will give you a full refund of the ticket price though.

Hope it appears soon!

Royal Mail recently stole a ticket off us. 100% stolen because the bastard unstuck the envelope, took the concert ticket out and stuck the envelope back down again (badly), before posting it through the letterbox.

I was mis-sold a service in the Post Office (who will claim to be a different company but technically they are all the same). They sold me the recorded delivery but concert tickets are not insured under recorded delivery. Only special delivery. This means that your Glastonbury ticket WILL be insured as you sent it via the correct method. We had to get compensation for the ticket off of the Post Office, so keep on the phone to the Royal Mail and you will get your money back (which isn't much of a consolation but it's better than nothing).

I also highly recommend that you report the stolen ticket to the police and to Royal Mail. I'm not going to lie, neither really care about it but it's better than letting it slide. A month down the line and I'm still waiting for a letter from Royal Mail to discuss the situation with me. We contacted the venue and advised them of the stolen ticket (we knew the ID of the ticket) and they cancelled the stolen ticket and flagged it on their system as stolen. They then sent us a new ticket because we were able to supply a police crime number and the original ID of the ticket we were supposed to have. I have no idea if the venue contacted the police on arrival of the ticket, probably not.

Your first step would be to go to your sorting office and demand that every inch of that room is searched. Do NOT tell them what is in the envelope, you just want it found. I would also recommend your friend goes to the post office they sent the ticket from and ask them to search in the areas where they handle the post. The tracking number would suggest it left the post office but you never know.

Once you've done these things, report it to the police and report it to Royal Mail. Unfortunately in this case the ticket can't be cancelled so there's likely to be some scumbag either making money off of it or getting in with it.

I'd also recommend looking high and low for said ticket on all types of pages. Facebook groups (Glasto Chat etc), eFestivals, eBay (despite them not being allowed, they do appear) and I'm sure there are other sites. Perhaps even share her photo around so we can all know what to look out for if it does get posted here or somewhere else we frequent.

Edit: Also ask your neighbours if they've taken any post for you. Our postie forgot to leave a calling card recently but luckily our honest neighbour knocked on the door with the parcel.

Edited by stardustjunkie

Royal Mail recently stole a ticket off us. 100% stolen because the bastard unstuck the envelope, took the concert ticket out and stuck the envelope back down again (badly), before posting it through the letterbox.

I was mis-sold a service in the Post Office (who will claim to be a different company but technically they are all the same). They sold me the recorded delivery but concert tickets are not insured under recorded delivery. Only special delivery. This means that your Glastonbury ticket WILL be insured as you sent it via the correct method. We had to get compensation for the ticket off of the Post Office, so keep on the phone to the Royal Mail and you will get your money back (which isn't much of a consolation but it's better than nothing).

I also highly recommend that you report the stolen ticket to the police and to Royal Mail. I'm not going to lie, neither really care about it but it's better than letting it slide. A month down the line and I'm still waiting for a letter from Royal Mail to discuss the situation with me. We contacted the venue and advised them of the stolen ticket (we knew the ID of the ticket) and they cancelled the stolen ticket and flagged it on their system as stolen. They then sent us a new ticket because we were able to supply a police crime number and the original ID of the ticket we were supposed to have. I have no idea if the venue contacted the police on arrival of the ticket, probably not.

Your first step would be to go to your sorting office and demand that every inch of that room is searched. Do NOT tell them what is in the envelope, you just want it found. I would also recommend your friend goes to the post office they sent the ticket from and ask them to search in the areas where they handle the post. The tracking number would suggest it left the post office but you never know.

Once you've done these things, report it to the police and report it to Royal Mail. Unfortunately in this case the ticket can't be cancelled so there's likely to be some scumbag either making money off of it or getting in with it.

I'd also recommend looking high and low for said ticket on all types of pages. Facebook groups (Glasto Chat etc), eFestivals, eBay (despite them not being allowed, they do appear) and I'm sure there are other sites. Perhaps even share her photo around so we can all know what to look out for if it does get posted here or somewhere else we frequent.

Edit: Also ask your neighbours if they've taken any post for you. Our postie forgot to leave a calling card recently but luckily our honest neighbour knocked on the door with the parcel.

Edited by jamiejc

yeah that's the next option - Royal Mail won't investigate until Tuesday 24th once it has been missing for ten working days. Obviously by then it's too late so effectively we're screwed.

Out of spite/fury I really want to generate some kind of anti-Royal Mail Twitter campaign with an enormous reach but I wouldn't know where to start

I've not seen that before but it looks pretty good.

Honestly, my experience of Royal Mail has swayed me more towards reputable couriers instead. It costs more but that's something I'm willing to take. I don't wish to tar everyone at Royal Mail with the same brush, there are plenty of decent posties I'm sure. It's the fact that Royal Mail do next to no investigating or seem to care if something does get stolen which just allows the same few more and more chances to steal on the job.