Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was someone looking to buy ticket? i've got two to sell, bought ages ago but cant go now, far cheaper than buying off the main site. have spoken to seetickets and they can change the name but they said it's not necessary.

DM for info

Cheers

Have u still got a ticket? I'd like to buy it

Edited by loserwithsockss

You're all for this as a sub:

But opposed to this:

I would definitely prefer a better more relevant band to Sub but I would be happy for them to headline the second stage! Better them than fucking Tinie Tempah.

Seriously? Lily Allen is a household name, just had a number 1 album and a whole massive back catalogue, Kooks had 2 songs ten years ago.

You can't compare them at all because If they were both on the same time at beni, Lily's crowd would swamp theirs.

I don't agree with all the relevance bullshit anyways.

For people my sort of age, we grew up listening to bands like razorlight and the kooks and seeing bands like them will be as much about the nostalgia and singing along to all the songs like golden touch and she moves in her own way.

If it was the choice of the kooks or tame impala for example, I'd choice the kooks everyday

Lily Allen just had a number one album..... sick ones. So does the winner of x factor each year. Miley Cyrus and One Direction probably had number one albums to. Topping the pop charts doesn't mean shit. Lily Allen is a joke now. When she first came out, she was all about trying to do something different and being her own person and is now just pumping out shit that sells, because 13-18 year old girls get their parents to pay ridiculous amounts of money.

I quite liked Lily Allen earlier on. My friends and I actually watched her new clip when it first cam out and could not keep a straight face, not dissimilar to the new Avril Lavigne song. Fair play to them though, they know where the money is.

The Kooks have more than 2 decent songs, they have 2 decent albums and they put on a great live show, yeah, junk of the heart was an average album abut they have a new one coming out this year. No pun intended but you are being naive if you think they are not worthy of a decent spot on the line up (when compared to what else is there). As I said, preferably not as a sub, but definitely a second stage headliner. Hopefully clashing with Eminem!

If fucking Jake Bugg can be considered for a sub than the festival hardly has high standard for who gets the slot.

I don't agree with all the relevance bullshit anyways.

For people my sort of age, we grew up listening to bands like razorlight and the kooks and seeing bands like them will be as much about the nostalgia and singing along to all the songs like golden touch and she moves in her own way.

If it was the choice of the kooks or tame impala for example, I'd choice the kooks everyday

The Kooks over Tame Impala ? What are you smoking ?

I agree with both points about the kooks. Firstly if you're gunna talk about Lily Allen having No.1 albums, The Kooks have had a number 2 and a number 1 album. The Kooks are a really decent band and would but on a great show subbing but tbh they won't in reality most people do only know them for those two songs (saying that I could probably only name you about 3 Lily Allen songs) although people who like the Kooks will know they've got a load of decent tracks to sing a long to, I personally just don't think enough people would know enough for them to deserve a sub headline spot, also they really haven't been relevant since 2008 as there last album was a flop which is another obvious reason for them not to sub. Looking at the Reading lineup which is just a bit of a bigger festival than benicassim The Kooks are 4th down on the second stage, a stage which courteeners are headlining, so I don't see any reason why they should be above courteeners in the beni lineup. Also Jake Bugg is subbing Reading likewise with beni it would appear, I could never see The Kooks subbing Reading at this point alongside the huge names they have

is everybody ready and strapped into their seats for wot will be another non-event week? or is this the week we are waiting for?!!? Tuesday the 20th and all that!

I doubt the 20th will mean much. Everyone was gearing up for the 20th of March... Then the 20th April.. Surely it has to be this week though!

I agree with both points about the kooks. Firstly if you're gunna talk about Lily Allen having No.1 albums, The Kooks have had a number 2 and a number 1 album. The Kooks are a really decent band and would but on a great show subbing but tbh they won't in reality most people do only know them for those two songs (saying that I could probably only name you about 3 Lily Allen songs) although people who like the Kooks will know they've got a load of decent tracks to sing a long to, I personally just don't think enough people would know enough for them to deserve a sub headline spot, also they really haven't been relevant since 2008 as there last album was a flop which is another obvious reason for them not to sub. Looking at the Reading lineup which is just a bit of a bigger festival than benicassim The Kooks are 4th down on the second stage, a stage which courteeners are headlining, so I don't see any reason why they should be above courteeners in the beni lineup. Also Jake Bugg is subbing Reading likewise with beni it would appear, I could never see The Kooks subbing Reading at this point alongside the huge names they have

Difference is, Lily Allen had a number one album last week, in 2014, Kooks haven't in years.

As stated before, shove The Kooks on in a Razorlight/Travis spot and I'm happy with that, but if you think that they're worthy of a sub spot in 2014 you're deluded.

But yeah Kooks over Tame Impala for me anyday aswell Nige, fuck them, dull as.

Difference is, Lily Allen had a number one album last week, in 2014, Kooks haven't in years.

As stated before, shove The Kooks on in a Razorlight/Travis spot and I'm happy with that, but if you think that they're worthy of a sub spot in 2014 you're deluded.

But yeah Kooks over Tame Impala for me anyday aswell Nige, fuck them, dull as.

Hey Muzz, This girl had a number one album this year to.

Maybe she will sub.

Hey Muzz, This girl had a number one album this year to.

Maybe she will sub.

Mokes, you haven't mentioned in the past few days about how you've travelled all round the world and slept in all conditions like bear grylls, you feeling alright?

Gimme Sam Bailey over Tame Impala, love that bitch.

Kooks @ Radio 1 big weekend when they were 'relevant' - boring as shite. 2 albums, 2 songs who give a crap - whimsy, boring bollocks. Lily Allen - pop crap, Katy B - had the misfortune hearing some of her drivel the other day.

Having said that, others listed who were actually relevant in their day - Travis, Razorlight etc. were actually a bit different for their time (even though Razorlight's second album was pretty much Talking Heads).

Kooks @ Radio 1 big weekend when they were 'relevant' - boring as shite. 2 albums, 2 songs who give a crap - whimsy, boring bollocks. Lily Allen - pop crap, Katy B - had the misfortune hearing some of her drivel the other day.

Having said that, others listed who were actually relevant in their day - Travis, Razorlight etc. were actually a bit different for their time (even though Razorlight's second album was pretty much Talking Heads).

Travis were just Coldplays equally boring Scottish counterparts, similar shit to Athlete and Travis and all that other uninspiring post Britpop shit.

Lily Allens first album was a huge breath of fresh air, a bit edgy sort of pop. Basically started the whole mockney wave of artist.

Katy B has her place too, female vocalist that came from dubstep going pop like Ella Eyre is atm with the house stuff.

Edited by nigelreocoker

Haha Muzzy, had nothing so you have a personal stab? I had come to expect more from you...

I haven't slept in conditions like Bear Grylls...... Just conditions like the Spanish heat which was the context of the conversation back then. My tents have always been store bought and never made out of bamboo, mud and leaves.

You're welcome to prefer Sam Bailey over Tame Impala... Taste in music says a lot about a person.

I'm pretty sure you're the only person I have ever encountered that has labelled psychedelic rock music as dull...