Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lana Del Rey is looking pretty likely, surely she won't be an exclusive to Vida. I really hope so anyway as the girlfriend is not impressed with the line-up thus far.

I think Foals are in with a decent shout too, yes, they're at Primavera this month but their schedule is pretty constant through the summer and they're playing Superbock in Portugal that same weekend on the 19th alongside Kasabian and AHJ, but have nothing on the dates around it.

The Kooks are not on any line-up in Spain at all, to Muzzys disgust I wouldn't be surprised if they were announced either.

Erlend Øye has nothing on other than Superbock that same weekend, He is probably the one person I want to see on the line-up more than anyone else besides Prince.

I'd also take the Cat Empire from Superbock to.

If those 5 got announced I wouldn't be all that fucked off about shit headliners.

My hopes of M Ward are all but dead now that he is already doing 3 other gigs in Spain in July.

Biffy and Prodigy announced as headliners for a festival in Germany which dates 17-20th July!

Massive Attack, Eddie Vedder & Kasabian headlining festival the same weekend in Portugal

Placebo, Prodigy, Massive attack, Biffy Clyro headlining festival in Switzerland that same weekend.

Elbow, Bastille, Kraftwerk headlining a festival in Latvia that weekend

None of it is really relevant

Write off the Latvian festival that is like a non league festival so it can't be compared to the big ones but Massive Attack, Biffy Clyro, The Prodigy are all headlining Spanish festivals already so they are unlikely. Vedder would be a weird choice for Beni, I can't see it happening and I think if after all this time waiting Beni announced Placebo as a headliner, they would get lynched.

Obviously festivals in the same country do occasionally share headliners but considering as well that they all have busy schedules that weekend I can't see it happening.

All the previous bands I mentioned fucking suck as headliners, with the exception of Kasabian. If after so many bullets dodged we ended up with KOL it will be pretty upsetting.

Edited by Mokes

Nothing crazy, I've just been private messaging them....like every day asking what on earth is going on

now i'm blocked!!! bastards

Probably is quite annoying for the poor PR worker on the other side though... just get on with ya life and let them announce it when they want

Not saying it shouldn't all be announced already coz it should obviously

Edited by hapnin26

I wouldn't be disgusted if they were announced, I would be if they were subs, but they won't be so no beef.

There stock does seem to have risen a little again off the 2 new singles Muzzy! Wouldnt be surprised to see them Sub or headline 2nd stage!

Great gigs you have lined up this summer btw!

There stock does seem to have risen a little again off the 2 new singles Muzzy! Wouldnt be surprised to see them Sub or headline 2nd stage!

Great gigs you have lined up this summer btw!

The Kooks headlining the second stage would be nice, good enough band to do that and if the headliners are shit a decent alternative

Apparently the Strokes have been announced for another US fest at the end of August.

Still don't think they'll play though

Largely forgotten by the general public in Europe I'd say. Hope not, certainly as a headliner.

I see the Pet Shop Boys have announced Festival #6 - maybe that's one act that's been holding back European festivals until the UK appearances are set. They're fantastic live, would be a fine electronic addition. *fingers crossed*

You're all for this as a sub:

But opposed to this:

I would definitely prefer a better more relevant band to Sub but I would be happy for them to headline the second stage! Better them than fucking Tinie Tempah.

dude the Up In Smoke tour was so good. I have it on DVD. It is such a shame what has happened to him now. He is so shit live. If anyone told me that Eminem would one day collaborate with Bruno Mars I would have laughed at them. It is incredible that he is able to play Wembley based on the success of 10 years ago. If someone new came out and did what Eminem is doing now without the name they would struggle to fill the redbull tent at Beni. I would honestly prefer Macklemore over Eminem at the minute.